What's new

Captain Cold Combo Thread

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You broke and unoptimized him. lol

I wouldn't use this starting in a real match. xD

Excuse me, but it's lab time for my boy, Sub Zero.

I'll try to get a video of it today. It can be a little tricky.

Edit: @RiBBz22

You actually don't have to connect the full b23 in order to get the b3 followup, but its way more consistent to just wait so it all connects. If you don't want to mess with the two dashes you can also just walk up b232 after the b3. It'd be especially good to do that if you could carry them to the corner that way.
great tech but why waste your trait when you can do more damge from a single bnb

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Nice combo :D

I normally used freeze-> walk back -> f4 -> f3 -> db2 -> 3 bf1 -> 3 bf1-> 3 bf1 -> f23 -> db2 but I forgot if it does more damage than yours.

Mainly because the opponent has to be braindead to get caught frozen in the corner with a non mixup char.

Nice combo :D

I normally used freeze-> walk back -> f4 -> f3 -> db2 -> 3 bf1 -> 3 bf1-> 3 bf1 -> f23 -> db2 but I forgot if it does more damage than yours.

Mainly because the opponent has to be braindead to get caught frozen in the corner with a non mixup char.
Not really captain cold has corner carry bnb's. Which leads to a ice sickle set up. All you have to do is ice puddle so overhead and double low

Tanno

We know. I remember a similar corner combo that was 788HP/79%. The hard part is to link the D1 off the F4.

Tanno

Did they change the Glacier Grenade and the Ice Aura trait levels?

BTW, try doing it with AI Auto block.

ErkrodC

CC Techhunter
Did they change the Glacier Grenade and the Ice Aura trait levels?

BTW, try doing it with AI Auto block.
I moved my post to your other thread (https://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-captain-cold-combos.65136/#post-2324209) but to answer your question, no I think it's the decreased recovery on ex wall which let's you get up charge enough. I have tried the restand thing (not in video) with ai blocking and even myself doing the blocking and it's definitely a legitimate restand, it's just hard to do consistently. I don't know if that's because it's a glitch or I'm just not good at it yet.

prepatch video of what i'm talking about:

Last edited:

Tanno

After I accidentally found an interactable combo in Brainiac's ship's bridge, I sat down to improve it and see how far it could go. It can reach more than 567HP/almost 57%. Here's the video.

Combo string:
R1, B232xxWall, J3, F23xxR1, B3, MB DB3, Wall.

Note that this combo is hard AF, because it's a gamble to R1 him right at Brainiac at the background.

Tried doing it with the Icicle after the MB DB3, but it doesn't make it to hit him due of being too low. Works with DF3, Wall, and 213.

If you end it with 213, the HP damage raises to 572, thus more than 57%!