What's new

Captain Cold Combo Thread

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
I was just trying him out
Mid Screen 530% Wall/Bg Bounce 1 Bar Combo | Gear Off

Mid Screen 558% Wall/Bg Bounce+Super+1 Bar Trait Combo | Gear Off

Mid Screen 572% 1 Bar Combo With 2 Bar Trait | Gear Off

And on this note, I tested the number of taps it takes to advance a level of trait. It's five for the first, eight for the second and ten for the third, totally twenty-three taps of trait to get to full charge.
hmm mine takes 5 for level 1, 13 for level 2, and 24 for level 3

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Just got the game yesterday, loving Cap. Haven't gone online yet but getting some decent damage with these mini combos. I'm sure they're known by now and there are much better combos still it's a good starting point.

B23 DB3 MB B3 F233
F23 DB3 MB B3 F233

About 35% Mid Screen on Superman at L1 each. Not Massive but enough till I learn more. B23 is a fast great punish though so getting decent damage from it is encouraging.

He really needs a mobility tool and building his trait is a pain but he is really fun. Love his defensive game.
Nice one. You should try to end the combo with the B232xxCharge (Hold 4). This will help to charge your gun every time for the traits.

For the first combo, you can start it with B232xxMB BF (DB3), B3, JI2, B232xxCharge.

;)

Tanno

Cheers. Definitely try those too. Timing the charge seems to be tricky so that will help. The 2 Bar Trait, forget the name, the one after frosted tips is just too good to let slide.

I'll keep labbing and getting my buttons down pat. Basically starting from scratch but there is still a Sub Like feel to him.
You don't need to time the charge. B232 is already canceable with the 4. In a sense, it's like B2324(H), similar to TG Raiden's B1122(H). Charge it as long as you can till you see your opponent standing up again. Every combo string is canceable, except of 213, which is a soft Knock Down, similar to Sub's F33.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
hmm mine takes 5 for level 1, 13 for level 2, and 24 for level 3
Did you mean 13 and 24 overall or just from level 1 to 2 and 2 to 3? The numbers I gave were from one level to the next, so five taps from nothing to 1, eight from 1 to 2, etc. This would put it more in line with your numbers.

I'm having a tough time with getting (4) executed in the following string:

12 MB DB3 4 B3 J3 B23 B232

I am not able to get any feedback letting me know 4 has been executed. Yet, when I don't press 4 and complete the combo I only get 37% damage and I am just trying to figure out why my numbers are so different and when you all press 4 is that to initiate charging of the trait? If so, how long are you charging it? Or are you activating the trait? If so what level?

Last edited:

Tanno

I'm having a tough time with getting (4) executed in the following string:

12 MB DB3 4 B3 J3 B23 B232

I am not able to get any feedback letting me know 4 has been executed. Yet, when I don't press 4 and complete the combo I only get 37% damage and I am just trying to figure out why my numbers are so different and when you all press 4 is that to initiate charging of the trait? If so, how long are you charging it? Or are you activating the trait? If so what level?
That's because the freezing opponent gives you less time and gives you a hard time to time down the 4 after the MB DB3. Try doing this slightly same combo instead:

12xxMB DB3, B3, J3, B23, B232xx4.

The B232 is a soft KD, is canceable into 4, and gives more time for the charge.

Tanno

Newfound combo starting off JI3.

JI3, B232xxMB BF, F3, B232xxCharge. 408HP/40%.

I already had this timing feeling since Sub's known corner combo starting off JIK.

Tanno

Another combo I found. It's 2MB corner combo with 2 traits.
F23xxMB BF, F4, F3, 3xxWall, 3xxWall, D1xxMB Wall. 538HP/53%

That's because the freezing opponent gives you less time and gives you a hard time to time down the 4 after the MB DB3. Try doing this slightly same combo instead:

Awesome! Thank you! One more question, what is the point of the (4) in my original string? Just to charge trait or does it add damage or extend timing of the string?

Tanno

Awesome! Thank you! One more question, what is the point of the (4) in my original string? Just to charge trait or does it add damage or extend timing of the string?
The point is to keep the gun charged. The D4 does freeze the opponent, like Sub's original Ice Radius. The B4 brings out the Ice Aura, similar to UB Sub's Aura. And finally, the F4 brings out the snowstorm dome, which slows down the juggle AND hits the opponent per second AND freezes him after a certain time. Now you know why you want the gun charged at all costs after B232.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

12 MB DB3 is not a true combo.

Also the trait is easy to do after MB DB3, just tap it and don't hold it down. It's one of the few things I can get 10/10 times with him.

Tanno

12 MB DB3 is not a true combo.

Also the trait is easy to do after MB DB3, just tap it and don't hold it down. It's one of the few things I can get 10/10 times with him.
I know that 12xxMB BF isn't a true combo, but it was his combo. I just gave him a small edit to his combo to get used to charging the gun.

BTW, have you realized that if you tap it, it just charges only 1/3 of the trait of the gun? In an essence, do you mean that if you tap it many times as fast as possible, the gun will get charged faster this way? Just curious.

Zoidberg747

I know that 12xxMB BF isn't a true combo, but it was his combo. I just gave him a small edit to his combo to get used to charging the gun.

BTW, have you realized that if you tap it, it just charges only 1/3 of the trait of the gun? In an essence, do you mean that if you tap it many times as fast as possible, the gun will get charged faster this way? Just curious.
You have less recovery if you just tap it yes.

It isn't much but it adds up.

Zoidberg747

Imma level with you guys, I dropped Cold and won't be watching the thread for a while. If you want a combo to be added to the OP please tag me so I know and i'll do my best. If you see any right now that need to be changed/added go ahead and tag me as well.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Imma level with you guys, I dropped Cold and won't be watching the thread for a while. If you want a combo to be added to the OP please tag me so I know and i'll do my best. If you see any right now that need to be changed/added go ahead and tag me as well.
I don't get it - why drop a character who doesn't need any buffs and is clearly complete and fair as is?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
CC seems like a really good character in this game.
Why doesn't his Trait3 get used much?

Zoidberg747

CC seems like a really good character in this game.
Why doesn't his Trait3 get used much?
His trait is the only thing that keeps him relevant. Any CC worth their salt is going to be charging it as often as possible.

Problem is probably over half the cast has ways to punish him for trying to charge it and the only way he can safely charge it is off of a combo. With his footsie tools being pretty poor he has to be really on point to get any combos going.

He's a whole lot of work for very little payoff. When played perfectly (perfect management of trait, good use of footsies etc.) he's probably still only mid to low mid tier. His trait shenanigans aren't nearly as scary unless they are in the corner (pushblock negates a lot of the pressure elsewhere).

Edit: I misread your post. Charging to lvl 2 is often hard enough, going to lvl 3 is way too hard. Plus you risk wasting all that time on getting the trait blocked. At least with lvl 2 you can get it out off of simple combos and strings. Lvl 3 just isn't worth it.

Last edited: