What's new

Capcom on Turning Down Mortal Kombat Collaboration: "SF Character in MK is not a Good Fit"

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Knew it would never happen, Cap are too scared to have their characters get decapitated. MK too hardcore for them. shrugs. lol @ SF characters having more personality than MK, no they don't. Johnny and Cassie alone have more personality than the entire SFU. GG's

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I agree, this wouldn’t fit. The playstyles of both games are completely different, they appeal to very different audiences (which is why MK is not popular in Japan), and there would be a question of what to do with the ‘adultness’ of MK (guaranteed Capcom wouldn’t want to see their characters in fatalities, etc., so they’d make sure the game was drastically toned down).

It’s just not a good match. Apples and oranges.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Might not be a fit... but I would still love to see Cammy playable in an MK game. ♥
You bet she was one of the first characters I made in MKA's kustom kharacter mode.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
A complete crossover would be a terrible idea, but a guest character would be phenomenal. It'd be interesting to see NRS do what Tekken and Smash do where they adapt a completely alien playstyle into their games. The only options for a guest tho are Akuma or Bison. Nobody else is violent enough, while also being popular enough.

Also you cannot fucking tell me that a Raging Demon Fatality wouldn't be worth it all

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
It might not be be time for it, but it will eventually happen , it has to. When it happens it will be the hypest thing ever, regardless if MK crosses over SF or vice versa.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
It's easier to send a MK character over there than the other way.
This is the truth for literally every other fighting game series. People fail to remember that any guest to be put into MK has to be approved to be brutally slaughtered in a bajillion ways. A vast majority of game developers aren't willing to let their character be decapitated, have their brain ripped out and eaten, be sliced in half, have their front half ripped off, become a nest for a dog-sized bug that proceeds to burst out of them and dine on their face... yall get the picture.

I think Capcom would be idiots to try merging their game with MK.

Akuma, Oni, Gill, Necalli, evil Ryu, violent Ken, Gouken, M. Bison, Urien, Seth, Oro, Vega, Blanka, Rose, Zeku, menat are potential characters for a crossover.

I hope the decision is still open to change. Cause im really curious to see how Mk characters look on Capcom's side. Animations and art style would look very intresting if they clash for a game.

instead of fatality's they can end the match with violent ultra's. No gore is required

Last edited:
Knew it would never happen, Cap are too scared to have their characters get decapitated. MK too hardcore for them. shrugs. lol @ SF characters having more personality than MK, no they don't. Johnny and Cassie alone have more personality than the entire SFU. GG's
more than cody, urien and vega? lol never

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
As much as I haven't enjoyed playing a Street Fighter game for a long time, probably since SF Alpha 3, it is still one of the franchises I've grown up with and hold dear to my heart. I enjoy Mortal Kombat a whole lot more, but I am still hoping for Capcom to make a good and interesting SF6 some time in the near future without pulling the same crap they did with SFV.

I still love characters like Cammy, Cody, Poison, Rashid and many more, and seeing them in an MK crossover could've been awesome, but at the same time I completely understand why it would never happen. But taking those characters away from SF gameplay and putting them in an MK game would probably make me love playing them even more. But ah well.

As for crossover games, as others have said, I have always seen Killer Instinct to be the better choice to cross with MK... though I would hate for it to be Xbox exclusive, and Teen rated. If those complications could be worked around, I'd love to see it happening. ^^

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Darkstalkers would be a much better fit than Street Fighter, but Capcom would have to revive the series for that.

I also agree the games are too different. Just take something as simple as blocking. How would you do it?

I think a guest character would be a much better way to do it. Vega is my favorite SF character and i could actually see him fitting in to a MK environment. I could also see Liu in Street Fighter.

MKF30

more than cody, urien and vega? lol never
Hell yeah, plus Scorp and Sub are way more badass than those guys lol. Shao Kahn is a much better villain than anyone in SF and he's not even my favorite MK character lol. Vega? lol you mean pretty boy that shields his face cause he's so vain(like more vain than Cage) jumps around making squeaky noises? lol Cody is cool, but technically he's not a SF character. He's from FF series, talking just SF characters honestly.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Hell yeah, plus Scorp and Sub are way more badass than those guys lol. Shao Kahn is a much better villain than anyone in SF and he's not even my favorite MK character lol. Vega? lol you mean pretty boy that shields his face cause he's so vain(like more vain than Cage) jumps around making squeaky noises? lol Cody is cool, but technically he's not a SF character. He's from FF series, talking just SF characters honestly.
Your argument feels like a 12 yearolds rant XD Vega behaves more like a ninja than Scorpion or Sub-Zero, simply because his animations gave it away, but he is expressing it in his one unique way, the way a vain, elegant spaniard would. Characters in Fighting Games express their personalities through animations, rather than through stories, which till recently was a limitiation. Ryu and Ken are almost the same character, but their animations make them unique enough to separate one as a calm, focused, ambitious fighter and the other as a cocky, cool and laid-back kind of guy.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
While I agree Akuma wouldn’t fit into mk capcom has other characters I think they could try and slip in...if a cross over is out the question then why not slip a capcom character as a guest

Also let’s be honest as someone in this thread said earlier...a cross over with KI would make WAY more sense...it has nothin to do with mk being “hardcores lolz” it’s that it doesn’t really fit..like at all..

DeftMonk

Noob
While I agree Akuma wouldn’t fit into mk capcom has other characters I think they could try and slip in...if a cross over is out the question then why not slip a capcom character as a guest

Also let’s be honest as someone in this thread said earlier...a cross over with KI would make WAY more sense...it has nothin to do with mk being “hardcores lolz” it’s that it doesn’t really fit..like at all..
Whut akuma would be hella dope. Brutalities galore and give him fadc to finally get plus frame run cancel style pressure for people complaining. Like b1 was his d mp in street fighter and let him burn d meter to fadc. Oh man I’d be all about that satsui no hado life.

MKF30

Your argument feels like a 12 yearolds rant XD Vega behaves more like a ninja than Scorpion or Sub-Zero, simply because his animations gave it away, but he is expressing it in his one unique way, the way a vain, elegant spaniard would. Characters in Fighting Games express their personalities through animations, rather than through stories, which till recently was a limitiation. Ryu and Ken are almost the same character, but their animations make them unique enough to separate one as a calm, focused, ambitious fighter and the other as a cocky, cool and laid-back kind of guy.
That makes no sense first off a 12 year old wouldn't know these characters as well as someone who actually grew up with these characters, secondly vega is no ninja. Definitely not more than sub or scorp. Hes a pretty boy right hand man who tends to get his ass kicked most of the time. Dude I'm half spanish and dont know any spanish fighters who fight like Vega lol....

Yeah disagree, animations dont define a personality. That's just an animation. Hanzo and kuai Liang actually have interesting backstories. What backstory about vega is so deep? Lol flamboyant fighter from spain, needs a mask to hide his pretty face and bison thug? Lol

Ken and Ryu were trained by the same master so it makes sense for them to have similar fighting styles, Outfits etc one has the serious, focus mentality while the other has that cocky Cage mentality but can be serious when he has to.