Reactable?

• Yes, Sir..

Votes: 82 31.8%
  • No, Sir..

Votes: 176 68.2%

• Total voters

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Me being a Shinnok player I react to the overhead pretty consistent when I mirror someone. His overhead is pretty slow compared to the 7 Frame low. I usually look for the animation since Shinnok lifts his leg up pretty high before actually doing the overhead. Same thing with Subs B2.
Thats fuzzying, if someone were to delay either option you'd probably get hit by both

In a vacuum. Maybe. In an actual match with anything on the line? Absolutely not. You can block it but it's going to be a mixture of intuition/skill/reaction. You can't just go from not ready for something to countering it in .18 seconds.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Tried the Millia Blocker. Was averaging around 22 frames. Also I call bs on anyone saying they could react to Sub's B2. I've never played anyone who was able to consistently block it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Depends. In BB or SF I can react to some mixups after playing the game for a while. But that's because most buttons will be quick 3-7f moves. So when a pause happens in a block string I can sort of see that it's the 20+f OH. But then you mix in pausing and repeating lows, throws and whatever else to keep your opponent on their toes so now they might have to make some reads too.

In MK if 2 things are coming at the same speed it becomes increasingly harder to react and becomes more of a read. Especially if animations aren't exaggerated or have something to look for.

No one is eating plus frames and blocking mixups over 50% of the time in this game. While that may be true for other games, their percentage for blocked mixups is probably higher when compared to mk.

Besides that milia blocker thing. You find a tekken tech throw minigame on avoiding the puddle website. Try that too just for fun and test your reactions. Then just imagine mid match where all types of things are being thrown at you.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm not sure if this is the best way to test reaction speed, you're still sending a signal to the website so isn't there a short delay opposed to offline?
And one of the overheads (the moon effect) is way less concealed, I can see people getting better times depending on which OH's they choose to block.
Feel free to correct me though, I think this is pretty interesting!
its the best way.. if you notice you can download it to your PC and play it from your hd. so there is no delay.

bottom line there was people on dustloop forums where this was created, who where avid top GG plaers, and there average was 22. they got 14 once in a while, but consistently they got in the 20's.
no matter if you play it forever, you will not block moves under 20 frames consistently, because its not humanly possible. so anyone who thinks otherwise can simply post their results 5 times in a row, with time stamps, showing they wern't on it forever. to prove they hav that mad reaction time.

but like i said all the MK players did this a while ago and the average was 20 frames. Sonic got 19 one time.

so the officail answer to can you block an 18 frame oh or low move on raw reaction is NO!

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
You can soft read by blocking one way, and waiting for whatever stimuli alerts you to the other coming out if there's sufficient space between move startup. I'm not saying fuzzy, which to my knowledge is used to refer to a time delay block switching in NRS rather than the bad juju it is in Capcom, because it's not based on time, it's based on hoping to based Ed Boon that you let go of down in time. Not all attacks of the same frames are even though, at what point it becomes recognizable before it lands is super important.

Akuma had 16f startup on the universal overhead option, it became recognizable by frame 2. This made it difficult, but within the theoretical realm of possibility to react to. Average human reaction is about 0.25s to visual stimuli, with 0.17s for audio, and 0.15s for tactile. A 16f move visually recognizable at frame 2 is within the average range. Does this mean that you can? Potentially. Does this mean you will? Probably not, and even if you do you're only capable of doing so while anticipating certain limited stimuli.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
When I was learning Tekken the general consensus was that a 19 frame low was unreactable.

So maybe?

The Highlander

There can be only one

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
nope that is not viable to use for fighting games.. for one, the program repeats the same simulation over and over, while the milia blocker is random.

and there is only one function you are looking for, Green/oh.

so thats prediction reaction. (you can break that test by learning how much time it takes to turn green) i got 16 frames on it but i get 24 average on millia Blocker's actual FG reaction Test.

and the average is 260 from the best doovers on there which is close to 16 frames..

try getting that on the Milia blocker, if your saying thats how fast you are, that you can react that quick on that HBM then do it on the Millia Blocker v.03

http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
After we finish this debate, every one who actually believes they can should get bodied by grandmaster in the corner with b2 spam until they suicide from spite.