Reactable?

• Yes, Sir..

Votes: 82 31.8%
  • No, Sir..

Votes: 176 68.2%

• Total voters

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Sure if it was the only move the char had you would.
But you are reacting to an animation of a move rather than the move its self as your brain reacts to a move but can't tell if OH/Low

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Of course I react to shinnoks b3 every time. Still get hit by it every time though. Not sure if that's just the few frames of delay or I just don't have the best reactions

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Personally, I can't react to anything under 30 frames consistently (I make a shitload of reads so I do really well against scrubs and get mopped up by strong players). However, I think people confuse themselves between reads, fuzzy guarding, and actual reacting.

If you're fighting characters like Shinnok (where the two mixup attacks have vastly different startups) and thinking you're reacting, chances are you're just fuzzy guarding without knowing what that means. That is why good players will stagger their strings if they know you're waiting for a mixup -- to blow up fuzzy guarding.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Played the reaction speed game mentioned earlier. My fastest reaction was 2 (pure luck) but I was consistently between 19.5 and 25 frames. Old man reactions haha.

i was getting 17.4 maybe not consistently more than a few times and it still said i failed. so that overhead from that test has to be like 16 or better. Yea you aren't reacting to that.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I've been hearing this discussion for quite some time (Since the shinnok overhead was added and again with smoke) that an 18f over head can be reacted towards.

I believe its more of a read than reaction and some confuse the two.. but I could be wrong :)
Definitely a read. That's what like 1/3 of a second in real time?

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Reacting to anything below 20 frames is impossible. but a read is always possible.

didn't we allready prove this with the Millia Blocker?

the brain takes 1/4 of a second to transfer visual q's and longer to react to them.

sound is faster.

but lets face it, last time we tested this @SonicFox5000 could only get 19frames reaction time.

here it is again if you wanna try and post them below:

http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf

and i might add when he got 19 it wasn't consistent, but he did the best from what i herd

@MrSunshine
can you add this reaction test into the OP so everyone can test it and post below?
I'm not sure if this is the best way to test reaction speed, you're still sending a signal to the website so isn't there a short delay opposed to offline?
And one of the overheads (the moon effect) is way less concealed, I can see people getting better times depending on which OH's they choose to block.
Feel free to correct me though, I think this is pretty interesting!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Nope. People are guessing halfway through the animation and mistaking it for a reaction. If someone tells you they can react to <20f attacks consistently in training mode, i.e without adrenaline then they're 100% bullshitting.

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I would try but I haven't played games in a while so I basically suck at everything now. @Second Saint you remember the reaction test?
Yeah, I bookmarked it. Also, as far as I know, you had the best score out of people I asked to take it on Steam.

http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf

Edit: Ok, after actually reading this thread, I realize you didn't just want it posted. Yeah, I remember you getting a few 14's, but I also remember a 1, so those could have been partially prediction. You were the only person I know of that was getting under 20 on the regular though.

Last edited:

TKB

Noob
Technically speaking, it isn't IMPOSSIBLE to react to an 18 frame move. Watch a video of Kuroda playing SF:3rd Strike.

However for most normal people, yes it's pretty much impossible lol.

Personally, I can't react to anything under 30 frames consistently (I make a shitload of reads so I do really well against scrubs and get mopped up by strong players). However, I think people confuse themselves between reads, fuzzy guarding, and actual reacting.

If you're fighting characters like Shinnok (where the two mixup attacks have vastly different startups) and thinking you're reacting, chances are you're just fuzzy guarding without knowing what that means. That is why good players will stagger their strings if they know you're waiting for a mixup -- to blow up fuzzy guarding.
Best answer for me. I also didn't consider the animation with the frames. So I guess it just depends on the characters overall tools?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Can people react to Aquman's b2, Scorpion's b2 and Martian's b2?

I get hit by those a hand ton, at least online even I see their asses wind up.