Reactable?

• Yes, Sir..

Votes: 82 31.8%
  • No, Sir..

Votes: 176 68.2%

• Total voters

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Its a reaction. Hes essentially fuzzy guarding against the overhead since it is significantly slower to the low. This is why the delayed low works very well for shinnok.
technically not reacting to a 18frame or lower move, he is reacting to a 14+ frame move then 18 frame after that move. but if it was an 18 bframe move alone he would not be able to block on seeing the move performed on screen. just when he knew it was coming out, which is a read

]but i get what you are saying

TwiztidOne

I don't know who that is...
Its a reaction. Hes essentially fuzzy guarding against the overhead since it is significantly slower to the low. This is why the delayed low works very well for shinnok.
that's not a reaction then, that's fuzzy guarding on a read, if it was a reaction then shinnoks delayed low wouldn't work because you would only switch to high block on reaction to the overhead

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Only if I'm specifically anticipating it. Even then, not consistently. In the course of a fight, no.

The common example I apply this to is when I react to jump-ins, especially in Street Fighter moreso than MKX (cuz AA sort of sucks in MKX anyway).

You can easily react and counter a jump-in if you are looking for it. Then you try to one up that task and look for it while also looking for other things. Then you do those while also trying to establish some offense or footsie game of your own. At some point it gets pretty difficult because your focus is no longer on one single thing, but divided among many things.

I believe an experienced gamer can react to somewhere between 6-11 frames with practice (quickly recognizing animation) if it is the sole focus of their attention.

MadeOfMetal

An experienced artificially-made gamer by skynet, yes.

Until then, Subzero b2 is op.
just like
Reptiles
B2
D3
B1D4
DB4 (might be reactible) but in the scenario that you are looking for 10 other moves ya know
BF4

just saying if Sub is op for his B2 then the same applies to the rest of the cast, since they have the same unreactible moves.

but i also get where people think sub is annoying. since most users don't really know basics, the character is built around braindead 50/50 mixups

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I want reptile's b2 to move forward instead of backward, good point.

Buff pls nrs.

But seriously now, everyone who says sub's b2 sucks is clueless. It's not reactable period.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I had this problem the other day with GM Sub. I tried incredibly hard to react to his B3/B2 mix up but it is impossible for me with out figuring out a pattern.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
It depends, I voted yes,but I will explain myself.
If your char has a launcher armour move,you only need 1frame to use it,so it is not that hard,under these circumstances you won't only react to that,but he will think twice to do that again.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Eh, no. Anyone who says yes most likely has never reacted to it, but read it. Of course it depends on animation, but in most cases its just a generic overhead swipe which looks pretty similar to other normals.

Reacting to anything below 20 frames is impossible. but a read is always possible.

didn't we allready prove this with the Millia Blocker?

the brain takes 1/4 of a second to transfer visual q's and longer to react to them.

sound is faster.

but lets face it, last time we tested this @SonicFox5000 could only get 19frames reaction time.

here it is again if you wanna try and post them below:

http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf

and i might add when he got 19 it wasn't consistent, but he did the best from what i herd

@MrSunshine
can you add this reaction test into the OP so everyone can test it and post below?
I got about constant 14.5 to 16 when i tried this lets say 4 months ago. :) @Second Saint

MadeOfMetal

I got about constant 14.5 to 16 when i tried this lets say 4 months ago. :) @Second Saint
nope, prove it, by posting it twice, if you can do it, you can screen shot 2 of them within 5 min of eachother

best i get is 18 and my average is anywhere from 20-25

here is my first attempt just now and im quite tired but it wasn't a bad result considering everything is random, and there is no way to know whats comming.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

I would try but I haven't played games in a while so I basically suck at everything now. @Second Saint you remember the reaction test?
nothing to be scared of, it shocked me the first time i did it.

many years back i thought i could react to 20 frames, i was wrong.. looked like the top 20 players in guilty gear also thought so, and none of them could

i doubt anyone will get a lower core than me, most likely it will be around the same or closer to 20 frames ive been up all night and haven't slept

if i remember right milias moves are 20/23/24 on startup

nothing to be scared of, it shocked me the first time i did it.

many years back i thought i could react to 20 frames, i was wrong.. looked like the top 20 players in guilty gear also thought so, and none of them could

i doubt anyone will get a lower core than me, most likely it will be around the same or closer to 20 frames ive been up all night and haven't slept

if i remember right milias moves are 20/23/24 on startup
I am getting around 17 to 22 rn, am gonna keep on testing when I get back home. Also, I thought people could react to sub's 16frame b2.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm gonna assume you mean triborg. I think it can be if you are looking for it and only it. If it is a character where the OH has more range than the low and you keep that in mind it will be easier to react. But if its not constantly abused and you are dealing with the characters other moves than probably not. It's not like Triborg, Kung Jin, Sub-Zero or one of the slower overhead characters will be doing nothing but 50/50.

MadeOfMetal

I am getting around 17 to 22 rn, am gonna keep on testing when I get back home. Also, I thought people could react to sub's 16frame b2.
if its below 20 i doubt it, if they are blocking it consistently its because the other player is telegraphing thier moves, or they always do that move after certain moves, or he is guessing correctly... if you go in practice, and have a friend randomly use a low and oh move randomly, you will find he won't be able to block them every time. this is because they are unreactible, and make sure his input in practice is coming out after you input yours!

JDM

Noob
yeah I can. Obviously you have to read the move but I usually block low and react to overheads. In that case I feel like you're reacting and not reading.

I usually block Sub Zero's overhead on reaction and punish, Triborgs overhead may take some time to get used to.

MadeOfMetal

yeah I can. Obviously you have to read the move but I usually block low and react to overheads. In that case I feel like you're reacting and not reading.

I usually block Sub Zero's overhead on reaction and punish, Triborgs overhead may take some time to get used to.
isn't triborgs OH 18 on startup?