What's new

Guide - Inferno Can somebody explain to me why low minion doesn't cost bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Scavenger

Rage is true power!
Johnny cage, cassie cage and ferra/torr
Ferra/ Torr Vicious variation Boss Toss, Bowl Girl, Ferra Toss, and patience obviously and problem solved 75% of online Scorpions are a joke and most people just lose to random stupid stuff because they don't know how to fight him correctly. I love fighting Sub-Zero with Ferra/ Torr arguably their best match up in the game because he can't do Ice Clone, Ice Ball, and Ice Slide because Ferra is a invincible projectile that destroys everything and keeps going.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
I'd recommend dropping cassie if you dont want to practice IAG, it's one of her essential tools.
I don't like that variation tbh.. I duno, just seems dumb that so many characters have a hard time gettin in on a character who isn't even meant to be a zoner?

I get that there is a way around it but im still seeing absolutely no reason why he 'needs it'

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I don't like that variation tbh.. I duno, just seems dumb that so many characters have a hard time gettin in on a character who isn't even meant to be a zoner?

I get that there is a way around it but im still seeing absolutely no reason why he 'needs it'
You are doing it wrong, Scorpions overhead, and his low projectile is like 26 frame start up or something ridiculous, his hand motions give it away which demon it is, and to top it off...if you run at him both overhead and low will be completely avoided for free and Scorpion will be standing there like wtf....why am I so bad spamming a shitty zoning tool...not to mention both overhead and low are extremely negative on block.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Characters don't always only have things they need. Kenshi for example has like 30 strings and 29 of them hit mid.

Y'all are complaining about the wrong variation anyway, lol.

Wigy

There it is...
You are doing it wrong, Scorpions overhead, and his low projectile is like 26 frame start up or something ridiculous, his hand motions give it away which demon it is, and to top it off...if you run at him both overhead and low will be completely avoided for free and Scorpion will be standing there like wtf....why am I so bad spamming a shitty zoning tool...not to mention both overhead and low are extremely negative on block.
I've ran the low minion but OH one can hit you running.

What bugs me is i know they are negative but the only guaranteed punish i get is a projectile and with cassie and cage thats crappy. I can run in on him but thats also a risk cause of chain and his leg takedown thing.

Once i've got in its not as if hes free. Scorpion is as good as most of the cast up close

Wigy

There it is...
Characters don't always only have things they need. Kenshi for example has like 30 strings and 29 of them hit mid.

Y'all are complaining about the wrong variation anyway, lol.
Lol whats his worse varation.

Still think low/high minion one of the most effective and braindead tools going

And what i mean is if inferno scorp had been released with knockdown on his non ex low minion would people really see him as unviable?

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Lol whats his worse varation.

Still think low/high minion one of the most effective and braindead tools going

And what i mean is if inferno scorp had been released with knockdown on his non ex low minion would people really see him as unviable?
Inferno scorpion is already commonly seen as the worst variation of the 3; watch any stream you're gonna see much more hellfires and ninjutsu scorps

Wigy

There it is...
Inferno scorpion is already commonly seen as the worst variation of the 3; watch any stream you're gonna see much more hellfires and ninjutsu scorps
Guess i'll hit the lab.. But not convinced at all

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I've ran the low minion but OH one can hit you running.

What bugs me is i know they are negative but the only guaranteed punish i get is a projectile and with cassie and cage thats crappy. I can run in on him but thats also a risk cause of chain and his leg takedown thing.

Once i've got in its not as if hes free. Scorpion is as good as most of the cast up close
You can run the overhead one as well, if you got hit you probably started running too late and got smacked. I checked the frame data, Overhead is 29 frame start up, low is 28 frame start up, as I've said all three of his projectile demons have an obvious animation while watching Scorpion. Go into training mode for two seconds and you'll see that. The low is -27, the overhead is -27. Plenty of time for you to get in on Scorpion and far from spammable.

Also something everyone should learn is while running to block, it cancels run and is instant. You can block the spear, and chances are you'll be close enough to punish him as that is -23 on block. Only one you can't punish is EX spear.

Ive already decided to learn scorpion. Not because i want to but because he is the obly character i absolutely have to. Too much going on to get a proper read.

As annoying as Scorpion is I can't say too much since I don't actually play him. Once I can read him maybe he isn't so bad.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
low demon and overhead demon has 28f and 29f startup and has a long recovery frames when is whiffed or blocked.

Pick any of your characters as AI set them to block everything, and set them to do reversals, there has to be at least one option where they're able to reversal punish Minion grab when they block it, but watch out, Your characters might not have a reversal punish from fullscreen, so it might require be at correct distances.

Most of your problems is that you guys don't reversal punish, you just let go block and walk slowly, if you can predict Minion Grab you can simply run out of the spot, Overhead minion doesn't track that well either, and before it hits you, you can actually armor out of it.

And the best option so far, you can buffer run while your character is on the blockstun, so you will be able to get out of it running instead of letting go block then running, training how to release block earlier, because you're probably still holding when you're no longer in blockstun.

as an inferno scorp mainer, I second this; wanna do a Marvel/Capcom sized combo? Now's your chance!

Seriously though, he is beatable and he doesn't have standout OP moves.

Did you also know that as long as the demons don't hit and you hit him first, the demons disappear on screen?

low demon and overhead demon has 28f and 29f startup and has a long recovery frames when is whiffed or blocked.

Tons of characters can punish blocked demons so what is the problem here?

Keeping a somewhat proficient Kung Jin, Liu Kang or even Mileena out with Scorpion's zoning options, is incredibly hard to do.

My guess is if you complain about Scorpion's tools, the player who has beaten you with Scorpion would've beaten you with any other character as well, aka you got outplayed.

Those moves have a rather lengthy startup, but I rarely see a scorp just throw it out at full screen. Why? Because they are easy to see and can be easily punished by advancing specials. Now guess what? You are on top of him, unloading a can of wake up shredding whoop ass. Done correctly, his options are X-ray or enhanced tele, which are rather easy to predict and still leave him close for a pressure game. However, from what I've seen if this thread, you will not listen to people pointing out strategies and would rather complain about it.

Wigy

There it is...
Tons of characters can punish blocked demons so what is the problem here?

Keeping a somewhat proficient Kung Jin, Liu Kang or even Mileena out with Scorpion's zoning options, is incredibly hard to do.

My guess is if you complain about Scorpion's tools, the player who has beaten you with Scorpion would've beaten you with any other character as well, aka you got outplayed.
The complete opposite, i've played really good people using like quan chi and sub zero etc with ratios of like 300:10 and i did fine. Just scorpion that gives me hell. I get beat by people who are ass and do it. Just horrible to deal with using the characters i do.

I know there is ways around, but it just seems dumb that he has it still.

I get what you're saying - and I agree he has a crazy range of tools at his disposal compared to some characters... for example, the 29/30 mid hitting strings for Kenshi.

That said ... I block low by default against Inferno Scorpion and react to the overhead. Running in after a blocked minion and cancelling that into a standing block also seems to work pretty well from full screen. Anything less than full screen though seems to be fully punishable.

I cannot see why in the scope of this game that move doesn't cost meter.

Like really?

Feel free to educate me, i just dont see it.
if you block low and then immediately high as soon as you see the summon animation, you will block all of scorpions possible attacks. the move is not that strong

Status
Not open for further replies.