What's new

Guide - Inferno Can somebody explain to me why low minion doesn't cost bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Inferno scorpion is already commonly seen as the worst variation of the 3; watch any stream you're gonna see much more hellfires and ninjutsu scorps
Ninjutsu huh? I had a feeling hellfire was better, but not ninjutsu. Hm, guess I should check out what's up in the Scorpion forum.

Nereus

Noob
Ninjutsu huh? I had a feeling hellfire was better, but not ninjutsu. Hm, guess I should check out what's up in the Scorpion forum.
In my honest opinion Scorpion's best variations in this order are: 1. Hellfire 2. Inferno 3. Ninjutsu. I say Ninjutsu as the last because although he has good pokes like b2 and f2.. b2 scales like hell (it does 3% loool) and they're both generally unsafe.

Also.. are we really complaining about low minion not having to spend a bar? What's next.. are you gonna ask for Spear to have to cost a bar? :DOGE

In my honest opinion Scorpion's best variations in this order are: 1. Hellfire 2. Inferno 3. Ninjutsu. I say Ninjutsu as the last because although he has good pokes like b2 and f2.. b2 scales like hell (it does 3% loool) and they're both generally unsafe.

Also.. are we really complaining about low minion not having to spend a bar? What's next.. are you gonna ask for Spear to have to cost a bar? :DOGE
f2 unsafe?? Mileena's 8 frames roll can't punish it. It covers half the screen at has push-back on block. It also destroy almost all wakeups and armoured specials. For me right now ninjutsu is the hardest to fight.

Nereus

Noob
f2 unsafe?? Mileena's 8 frames roll can't punish it. It covers half the screen at has push-back on block. It also destroy almost all wakeups and armoured specials. For me right now ninjutsu is the hardest to fight.
f2 is -11 on block.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I know but it pushes you which makes it safe, at least against Mileena its safe.
It sure as shit ain't safe, im not at the game right now but the most basic punish to a -11 move i can think of is an uppercut/sweep.

should work if you can't think of anything else.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Try reversal punish.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I heavily suggest blocking the low minion and reacting to the overhead. Isolating the overhead minion makes dealing with these moves less of a guess, as it's the only option that doesn't lead to a combo.

If you're close enough, you can get a run in punish on everything except for the mid minion.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
So people still haven't realised the give away for his minions?

On a more serious note, each one has Scorpion perform a different movement with the skull at his waist, that's what you should be looking at. I dare say if you're familiar enough with them you could even punish the low one on reaction, it's horrendous on whifff.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Low and overhead demon is not a true 50 50 and is very negative on block. It's only a 50 50 online where it feels like you're playing your friend next to you on the couch.

Solo

Shadow Priest
low demon and overhead demon has 28f and 29f startup and has a long recovery frames when is whiffed or blocked.

Pick any of your characters as AI set them to block everything, and set them to do reversals, there has to be at least one option where they're able to reversal punish Minion grab when they block it, but watch out, Your characters might not have a reversal punish from fullscreen, so it might require be at correct distances.

Most of your problems is that you guys don't reversal punish, you just let go block and walk slowly, if you can predict Minion Grab you can simply run out of the spot, Overhead minion doesn't track that well either, and before it hits you, you can actually armor out of it.

And the best option so far, you can buffer run while your character is on the blockstun, so you will be able to get out of it running instead of letting go block then running, training how to release block earlier, because you're probably still holding when you're no longer in blockstun.
Keeping my stamina bar balanced becomes another problem. The fact that breaker drains your stamina too doesn't help.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Keeping my stamina bar balanced becomes another problem. The fact that breaker drains your stamina too doesn't help.
Your post doesn't make sense, as long as you don't break anything your stamina refills quickly, and your character or any character with a fast advancing special can reversal punish minion grab at correct distances.

You can Run fullscreen for a combo if you have to, you clearly missed the point.

In this fight you want to close the gap, the more you approach mid screen, the more risky becomes for the scorpion player to do anything with minions, so he will have to respect your options and not go for the obvious just by you being there.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I cannot see why in the scope of this game that move doesn't cost meter.

Like really?

Feel free to educate me, i just dont see it.
You can run right past it. It has super slow startup. And if you block it it's punishable from pretty much full screen.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Your post doesn't make sense, as long as you don't break anything your stamina refills quickly, and your character or any character with a fast advancing special can reversal punish minion grab at correct distances.

You can Run fullscreen for a combo if you have to, you clearly missed the point.

In this fight you want to close the gap, the more you approach mid screen, the more risky becomes for the scorpion player to do anything with minions, so he will have to respect your options and not go for the obvious just by you being there.
All I said was keeping an eye on your stamina bar(or Energy whatever you call it) is a problem? What part didn't make sense? I wasn't questioning you on how to punish Scorpion. During my fights vs Scorpion I thought I had stamina, but I didn't. Maybe it's problem only I suffered from.

Wigy

There it is...
I think a large amount of my frustration comes from dealing with it on laggy connection where run comes out as dash and reversals don't come out at all. As well as fuzzy guarding not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.