What's new

Buffs and Nerfs Wish List

Zviko

Noob
  • Sareena’s boomerangs disappear if you hit her
  • Faster startup on Reptile’s invisibility and add damage buff or armor or something useful for the amp version
  • remove the screen shake when Reptile charges his overhead or make it dash cancellable
  • Wifi filter in KL

for the people wanting raiden nerfs, here are some ideas from a (former) raiden main:
  • slightly increase damage scaling after f34
  • make s2 10 frames from 8
  • make electric flight more punishable, like -25
  • reduce the grounded hitbox on raw df2
but thats it, really.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Sub-Zero:
  • Restore him to how he was in open beta
  • Make f12 -6 instead of -7 so some d1's (Cage) can't punish/jail him. That way he is negative but safe off his only mid.
Cyrax:
  • Decrease chopper damage
  • Decrease chopper chip damage
  • Increase kameo recovery time after chopper

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
What would people who want to buff Ashrah's Dark Stance do? It's a sentiment I agree with, but what are the actual issues? I'd argue they have strong tools in this mode, just not strong enough to choose as an offensive option while light stance exists. I see a couple of approaches that might help.

-Make her dash cancels recover stupidly fast. Right now they are at best -5 on block from many strings and if you removed 10f of recovery and allowed her to extend combos with an EX dash cancel, she'd turn into an MK X run cancel character and Dark stance would be incredible. Not to mention the flash parries. This might be too much.

-Let her special cancel the strings that aren't normally special cancellable without stacks on the target and being in light stance. These being b34 and b22. Being able to confirm the low in that stance would be an improvement.

-Just make it easier to go in and out of stances in general. Right now it's possible to start a combo in light stance, switch to dark to build 3 stacks, but you can't switch back safely without sacrificing damage. You can't switch back and pressure without sacrificing even more damage and (as far as I know) getting only 2 stacks. I think dropping in and out of Light/Dark to build stacks to put your opponent in a very messed up strike/throw game meterlessly would be a very fun way to play.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Mileena buffs & fixes:
  • Remove the ridiculous gap in 12,1+3
  • Fix ex roll bugs.
  • Ball-roll isn't beaten by literally any move in the game. Punishing jumping opponents, normal whiffs, or even poke whiffs with ball-roll shouldn't result in you getting hit by them. I've been hit out of ball-roll with d1 way too many times.
  • Recovery on roll-whiff (when used for spacing) reduced slightly. Reason is, she doesn't have any decent tools from full screen anyway and zoning opponents shut her down completely as her only tools to close the gap are super punishable. Therefore she needs something to at least get close (roll doesn't reach full screen) and then start some pressure. But even that has terrible recovery and you get punished.
  • Up/down telekick tracking fixed. Doesn't connect opponents in the air consistently, and even on wakeup down-kick will whiff on a slightly advancing grounded opponent. Wastes your meter on a correct reversal read and gets you punished.
  • Increased range on air-ball. Can't even punish airborne opponents after you jump kick react. Also has slow recovery on whiff, so at least make it a tad worthwhile to use outside combos on mashing opponents.
  • Ex air-ball is completely useless IMO. IDK how to even fix this.
  • Increase sai range. There's characters in the game that are literally crazy both up close and have a full screen projectile; looking at you Baraka and Raiden. I don't see why a character like Mileena that's nowhere close to the top tiers in this game, to not have a full screen projectile. Just my 2 cents.
  • Ex sai costing 2 bars is ridiculous. Just block high.
  • Reduce frames on her only mid starter or make f2 a mid (one can dream)
In general Mileena feels a bit unfinished still. Feels like they had any idea of how they want her to play (mid screen to closeup pressure) but she still doesn't function great on that range. There's characters that don't have projectiles but are insane up close, like Johnny with a 9 frame mid(!), or Smoke with low/overhead starters. Then there's characters that have both like Baraka (who on top of that has amazing range too). And then there's characters like Mileena who just can't compete with those. The glaring issue so far is that the top 3/4 characters in the game have tools that need to be nerfed to everyone else's level, or everyone else needs buffs to get to theirs.

CipherJ

Noob
Definitely needs something, even just being able to look through your profile and change your kombat card pic... Anything but having only a pretty picture to look at.

Although at least there's that... it's better than just a loading circle like MK11.
It is almost like nobody at NRS actually plays fighting games online. Tekken 7 had combo practice 6 years ago while queueing for a fight, but for some reason NRS thinks you just want to sit there waiting. IMO i should be able to do towers or practice while waiting.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Ex sai costing 2 bars is ridiculous. Just block high.
This the only thing from your post that stands out

it’s a full screen projectile that absorbs other projectiles, and starts a combo. Not to mention it works with Kameos that have low hitting moves

I use Mileena/Lao and ex sai with low hat is pretty much an Unblockable.

it should absolutely cost 2 bars lol

• Sareena’s boomerangs disappear if you hit her
  • Faster startup on Reptile’s invisibility and add damage buff or armor or something useful for the amp version
  • remove the screen shake when Reptile charges his overhead or make it dash cancellable
  • Wifi filter in KL
B2 being Dash cancellable would be amazing.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
This the only thing from your post that stands out

it’s a full screen projectile that absorbs other projectiles, and starts a combo. Not to mention it works with Kameos that have low hitting moves

I use Mileena/Lao and ex sai with low hat is pretty much an Unblockable.

it should absolutely cost 2 bars lol
You mention a very specific pairing and even with that it's very difficult to time it correctly in order to become actually unblockable. I play Mileena/Lao a lot online, and it's much easier to mix them up with her close up overheads. Ex sai is a very niche scenario that will rarely catch skilled opponents off guard, unlike let's say Havik's 2 bar unblockable which is pretty much guaranteed. Imo if you spend 2 bars on something, it shouldn't still be a "mayyybe you get something out of it" type of situation. Just my opinion.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You mention a very specific pairing and even with that it's very difficult to time it correctly in order to become actually unblockable. I play Mileena/Lao a lot online, and it's much easier to mix them up with her close up overheads. Ex sai is a very niche scenario that will rarely catch skilled opponents off guard, unlike let's say Havik's 2 bar unblockable which is pretty much guaranteed. Imo if you spend 2 bars on something, it shouldn't still be a "mayyybe you get something out of it" type of situation. Just my opinion.
Yes it’s a specific pairing, but so what? Look at Reiko/Darrius with the cmd grab.

It’s not just Lao tho. You can pair her with Kano to make it completely safe. Same with Cyrax. Goro. Etc

The main aspect of this game is Kameo and it’s clear as day this move was designed around Kameo use, just like Reiko’s cmd grab.

Even if we don’t factor in the Kameo stuff, it’s still a full screen projectile that absorbs other projectiles and starts combos. If you don’t block it correctly, she just got in for free with a projectile.

You’re definitely entitled to your opinion tho. I’m not taking that away from you. I do feel like you’re downplaying the move just a bit tho. It’s definitely worth the 2 bars. We can agree to disagree I guess

Last edited:

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
Sub-Zero:
Remove standing frames on slide
Reduce recovery on ice Klone
Make ice klone last longer
Reduce damage scaling on df4
Make f123 safe on block
Remove gap on 122
Make it so Reiko can’t slide through klone
Make it so klone blocks one hit of ALL projectiles
Make f1 faster
Make it so klone freezes people who poke into it
Make ex ice ball faster and still eat a projectile
Make ex klone into regular klone but better recovery and longer lasting.
Reduce recovery on b2
Change ice ball input to df2 so you don’t get it when trying to do f1 from a crouching position.

Kenshi: Do something about the block infinite. That’s all nothing else.

Raiden:
Lower his damage maybe by increasing damage scaling on shocker.
Increase recovery on electric fly.
Reduce pushback on his fatal blow

Baraka: Lower his damage

Ashrah:
Make her more unsafe.
Reduce the armor on her wake-up
Improve her dark mode.

Cage: Make his overheads more unsafe Edit: you can upblock those. So maybe just make his strings a tad bit more unsafe.
I agree with this and it would also be cool if you could cancel ice ball with a dash and if you meter burn ice clone let us have the option to choose to waste the second bar the 1 bar one should be faster recovery and 2 bar is the extra clones with better recovery

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
“It’s too early, let it rock”
Yes, very much so. This is just for some fun, it’s always cool to go back and see what you thought of the game in its early days.

Anyways, post your buff/nerf wish list.

Here’s mine:

General:
Fix audio glitch where kameos interacting with armour will cause move effects to be muted

Fix glitch where ambush kameos will not activate if input on the same frame as an ex special move.

Add ability to pin strings/specials in training mode.

Add wifi filter for ranked mode

Add navigation map for invasion mode

Tinker with kombat league match-making to de-prioritise people that have recently played.

Add ability to create and join rooms in online play.

Add training mode in online play with friends.

Allow to wait in training mode while in KOTH or queuing up a match

Add ability to rewind when viewing match replays.

Allow mass purchasing with the shrine

Kameo adjustments:
Cyrax
-100 health

Jax
+0 health

Kung Lao
-50 health

Goro
Remove regen delay from back Kameo and neutral Kameo

Shujinko
+50 health
Increase throw damage to 130

Motaro
+0 health
Darrius
Decrease neutral Kameo (ambush Kameo) cool-down to 20s (from 25s)

Sonya
+50 health
Decrease neutral Kameo (ambush Kameo) cool-down to 8s (from 10s)

Base Roster:
Kitana:
Remove gap in b24 string

Rain:
Base health 1050
Enhanced water beam (ex bf1) hits mid

Smoke:
Remove gap in f32 string
Remove gap in f12 string

Sub zero:
Base health 1050
Remove standing frames in bf3 (slide)
Increase clone active frames to 90 (from 70)
Ex ice clone has 1 hit of armour
Remove gap in 122 string

Reptile:
Ex invisibility adds proximity damage (like mkx noxious reptile)
Remove gap in b31 string

Li Mei:
Remove gap in 124 string

Kenshi:
Base health 950

Baraka:
Base health 950

General Shao:
Increase allowable axe-less time to 10s (from 5s)

Raiden:
Base health 950

Johnny Cage:
Base health 950

Ashrah:
Base health 950

Nitara:
Base health 950
When blood sacrifice (df4) is active, nitara can air dash off normals and multiple times in combos/in the air without meter cost
Don't agree with the smoke and shao is fine. His setups revolve around that 5 sec time. If anything he needs another mid attack to his tool kit he only has 1 and it's 15f

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Yes it’s a specific pairing, but so what? Look at Reiko/Darrius with the cmd grab.

It’s not just Lao tho. You can pair her with Kano to make it completely safe. Same with Cyrax. Goro. Etc

The main aspect of this game is Kameo and it’s clear as day this move was designed around Kameo use, just like Reiko’s cmd grab.

Even if we don’t factor in the Kameo stuff, it’s still a full screen projectile that absorbs other projectiles and starts combos. If you don’t block it correctly, she just got in for free with a projectile.

You’re definitely entitled to your opinion tho. I’m not taking that away from you. I do feel like you’re downplaying the move just a bit tho. It’s definitely worth the 2 bars. We can agree to disagree I guess
Definitely downplaying

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Well yeah there's many specific character pairings in the game, I'm talking about that specific move costing 2 bars considering how niche and difficult to land that Kameo unblockable combo you suggested is. Reiko/Darrius cmd grab combo isn't as inconsistent and also doesn't cost Reiko 2 bars.

I don't mind it being unsafe. Mileena's specials have unsafe written all over them. It's the fact that it's also unsafe on top of the 2 bars.

I wouldn't say so either. Its main thing is that it can combo off ball-roll which she doesn't need a Kameo for.

Even if we don’t factor in the Kameo stuff, it’s still a full screen projectile that absorbs other projectiles and starts combos. If you don’t block it correctly, she just got in for free with a projectile. You’re definitely entitled to your opinion tho.
Interesting, I chat with a lot of Mileena mains online and you're the first one that thinks so. I mean I guess let's just agree to disagree on this because yeah I still don't think as it is now it should cost 2 bars, if they fix some of her other stuff perhaps. But since you seem to play her a lot, I'm curious what do you think about the rest of my points? Any specific buffs you'd give her?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I only want Cyrax to get a cooldown nerf on copter assist, and I say this as a Baraka player. Copter assist is too strong for its current cooldown. Needs to be 20 seconds at least, like Goro RTR. Make him reduce the player's health as well if necessary.

Otherwise, one thing I do hope to see which isn't a buff per se, but I want the cast to get new moves over the course of the game's life. I want to see new strings, mainly. Give each character like 1-2 new string, or new extensions off existing normals/strings.
Cyrax: "Allow me to reset and introduce myself"

Wigy

There it is...
Tanya's bf4 low profiles projectiles and has 2 frames more advantage so corner bf4 has consistent conversion into 2(grab)
F4 special cancellable into regular teleport for a combo.

Tanya's a weird one. She's strong af but like only with goro. Feels very reliant on that cameo. Without it she's got above average neutral but no mix or damage.

Johnny I'm just bracing myself or him to get nuked. I personally think some matchups are not fun but he just makes up for it with cyrax/lao ridiculous synergy.

Any matchup where the opponent has a extended hitbox attacks and long range pokes it feels horrid trying to start any pressure. I could just be ass though

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Just some general changes.
  • Kameos bring a considerable damage scaling increase in combos to reduce the general damage in the game. No more 50% bnbs.
  • When you do a throw or a command grab and call an ambush kameo during its animation, it no longer allows for a continuation with a combo.
  • Some of the less versatile kameos get the cyrax ability to get a combo from a grab at the cost of 2 bars of meter and possibly also completely depleting the kameo meter with a long cooldown.
  • Remove fatal blow mashing mechanic to increase/reduce its damage.
  • Upblock mechanic stays but it has some type of cost.
  • Ability to decline WiFi and +150ms connections in Kombat league.
  • Lobbies added to online mode.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i'm actually in favor of kameos having health, and if they take too much damage you lose them and what they provide for the entire round, it would raise the stakes considerably, since kameo bar doesn't even involves breakers and such

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I just want Reiko to have a few more options. I’d sacrifice a nerf to his projectile making it less spammable to get the following:

D3 into cmd grab tick throw

Air 121 is more floaty + special cancellable (to allow use with more cameo’s)

3 and the 343 string to cause more float when hitting an already airborne opponent, so it might be used in combo’s outside of the corner (or have a purpose at all, other than anti-air 3BF3 delayed knee)

B34 special cancellable

I wish Havik had a fast mid, F4 isn’t very fast and is non-hit confirmable. But i’d honestly be fine with D4 being more plus on hit. It’s only +9, which is lower than like every D1 in the game. Shao and Havik are the only characters that have a D4 that’s less than +14 on hit (10 and 9 respectively).
Shao can at least jail a S2 from his D4, although it’s not the easiest thing. Havik however cannot jail any buttons from his D4 besides a F4, which is not hit confirmable. This is due to D4 having pushback on hit, which wouldn’t be an issue if it was more plus on hit.

He’s very fun to play but it seems like every other character can enforce their buttons after landing D4 when Havik cannot.

Rain:
• F2 and D4 have better range
• Portals are extremely unsafe, Make it so Rain can't be hit until he exits portal, right now he is vulnerable hallway through while not even visible.
• maybe the two portal convergence that does a shock connecting them needs to do more damage or have more popup for combos. It costs a bar and only allows a D1 and does practically nothing. Doesn't feel worth the bar spent.

Only issues I've had with rain is having no range in neutral, all he has is D3(-13 on block) and B4 (knockdown) both don't allow any follow up at that range. His F3 is 28 frames and has a very obvious animation.
Has pretty slow projectiles but has water shield.

I'm concerned about Cyrax being nerfed to hard, if they do something adjust the meter Regen, not cost or better just make his up Kopter have damage scaling and reduce chip from Forward Helicopter (Hold R1) by 50% for example Baraka string into Kopter that does 13% on a single call will be 6.5% chip. There are several Mid to Lower Tier characters who rely on Cyrax for midscreen damage and some pressure allowing water beam dash cancels(somewhat execution heavy) to get his strings going and increase midscreen damage above 35%. Also gives him fuzzyable setups in corner (they can be defeated by delay wakeup/fuzzy/Upblock/Kameo)

But I get why people hate Cyrax on Raiden/Baraka/Kenshi
If they make the meter cost higher that seriously effects a handful of non top tiers.
If they make Cyrax -100hp or touch his chopper move it can seriously effect many characters.

Cyrax Kameo Adjustments:
• Reduce Damage from Up Chopper
• Reduce Chip Damage by 50%

Reptile:
Allow him to dash cancel out of spit let him hold and delay it then give a FF/BB cancel. This would allow him to increase his midscreen damage using spit cancels with Stryker/Cyrax.

Raiden Adjustments:
• reduce chip damage on electric orb by 50%

Remove resets/infinites and 1-2 frame HTBs and make the Auto HTB Block protection(where it auto blocks the second hit for you if the mix is within 2 frames of each other) work for every matchup with every character. I found a few glitches.

Last edited: