What's new

Question - Kitana Buff that Booty or Love that Booty

Does she needed the buffs

• Buff that Booty

• Love that Booty

Results are only viewable after voting.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
If you guys think that Kitana don't need buffs, you may have to stop play against scrubs. None of proplayers plays her cause she sucks and so much money on the line(im talk about ESL), besideds Kitana Prime ofc.
She needs better hit advantage on her pokes to be atleast viable. And i still dont get why the fk NRS nerfs mournful ex-glaive its makes no sense.
You are thinking she has to be top tier to be viable.

Viable and top tier are not one-in-the-same.

Kitana is right about where Kotal Kahn is - viable, but not top tier.

The loyalists like a character here because if she goes any higher, all the tier whores will jump on and ride her until she gets nerfed next patch.

If you're a loyalist, viability is what you want. Top tier will just bring drama and heartache.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
That was after all her buffs
The major buffs we (you) compiled, yes. Not after the d3 buff and the assassin related buffs. Or am I mistaken?

Could've swore I saw B1 listed as 9 frames in the command list. Oh well, that thing isn't known to be accurate anyway. B1 is still fast enough at 10 for a mid starter.

gam224

The world's least hype player
After some thought instead of giving kitana better overhead how about we just give her alot more advantage off of her throw. Is this reasonable?

There's the crazy amount of 50/50 , set-up based, super strong zoning or rushing characters. And then there's Kitana...

But that's not a bad thing at all. I've always wondered why Kitana wasn't given the special treatment that literally 90% of the cast has, but at the same time, I'm glad she didn't get it. She legit has her own meta. It's almost to the point that she doesn't "fit" in the game because she plays so differently from everyone else.

No set ups, no 50-50s, no run cancels, no insane pressure or zoning, yet somehow she's still a good character imo. She's EXTREMELY honest and takes skill to use. I'm not saying she's hard to pick up or anything like that, but she's not the character that relies on KDs into 50/50s into corner into death. She plays her own game and that's why I like her so much.

As for the recent comments of her being bottom 10, I really don't care. NO ONE bodies her (except HQT), yet she doesn't body anyone either. I feel like she can compete with whoever. I have fun with her and I win with her so that's all that matters to me.

As for buffs go, I truly don't think she needs any. We got all the REASONABLE buffs we asked for. The nerfs she got were very understandable and didn't ruin her at all (r.i.p tanya). I'm hearing there's a patch after Evo and I wouldn't be upset if she went untouched. The only thing I can see her getting is f2 being OH while sharpen is active. Other than that, I think she's fine.

My honest thoughts.
dude when are you going to an offline tournament? you where a beast back in MK9

B1 is a 9 frame mid. 2 is also 9 frames. If you need a mid, use B1.

SonicFox pockets her if I'm not mistaken. Took her to the finals once before switching to Erron Black. That was even before some of her buffs.

She doesn't need to be a poke into pressure character like everyone else to be viable. Think outside the box.
her b1 is 10frames and -3 standing 1 is plus 2.. See the difference. Try fighting a alist he doesn't have to respect anything he can d3 after everything bec majority have her strings are highs. Can't play footsies when you don't have the tools. She needs a good mid string which she lacks. That's not asking for to much

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
her b1 is 10frames and -3 standing 1 is plus 2.. See the difference. Try fighting a alist he doesn't have to respect anything he can d3 after everything bec majority have her strings are highs. Can't play footsies when you don't have the tools. She needs a good mid string which she lacks. That's not asking for to much
Find other ways to open people up. A good mid string will make her too dangerous because of her damage. Just because Mileena has B1, Johnny has F3 to throw out safely in any situation doesn't mean she needs a good mid like that

The Highlander

There can be only one
She has a 10 frame mid, that's pretty damn good as far as mids go, not to mention a 6f d3. 6 frames is as good as it gets for stopping pressure.

flappysamyhamy

EMPEROR FLAPPY / EGGPLANT
My opinion... Nerf all insane set play 50/50 characters to the level of Kitana (Which would be a good majority of the cast) OR.. Give the few characters the tools they need to be braindead. In my opinion, the stupid aspect of this game is part of what makes it enjoyable. But its not enjoyable if some characters lack tools that almost every other character has for no reason whatsoever. I'd say make f2 an overhead or take away everyone else's overhead. The game is ridiculous, I think we can all agree.. So which is easier? A small change to a few characters, or massive patches nerfing everyone else to the ground? Just being honest.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I can't believe some of you have the nerve to complain about a character who is good at what they were designed to do. A zoner that's very good at zoning and has good defense to back it up!? Wooooow.
"buh no 50/50, no +20 cancels, no HTB" yeah.. no.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i wouldn't be opposed to her getting more tools, but i find her as is, extreamely fun as she is, and never really need an overhead, thats one of the few things that make her fun to me, how i have to mix up what i do to katch them off.

but if she did get an overhead i wouldn't be against it. but i don't think she needs it.

You are thinking she has to be top tier to be viable.

Viable and top tier are not one-in-the-same.

Kitana is right about where Kotal Kahn is - viable, but not top tier.

The loyalists like a character here because if she goes any higher, all the tier whores will jump on and ride her until she gets nerfed next patch.

If you're a loyalist, viability is what you want. Top tier will just bring drama and heartache.
My DNA loves her TNA

Reactions: GAV

Temetias

"MKX kid"
I can't believe some of you have the nerve to complain about a character who is good at what they were designed to do. A zoner that's very good at zoning and has good defense to back it up!? Wooooow.
"buh no 50/50, no +20 cancels, no HTB" yeah.. no.
Good at zoning? Really? Even tho fans are comboable doesn't mean she's a good zoner...

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'd say that fighting-wise she's fine. Body-wise, she's horrible. Buff her ass, her boobs and make her face prettier.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Good at zoning? Really? Even tho fans are comboable doesn't mean she's a good zoner...
She keeps people out, hence she's a good zoner. She's a character who functions and fills in the niche role she was designed to do, that's good enough, no need to give her stuff she doesn't need.
Instead of complaining about characters who are good and manage to function, how about we complain about characters like Bo Rai Cho, Balanced Kenshi and Unbreakable who are extremely flawed and don't work at all?