What's new

Question - Kitana Buff that Booty or Love that Booty

Does she needed the buffs

• Buff that Booty

• Love that Booty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skedar70

Noob
Kitana doesn't need an overhead huh? why does every single other character in the cast have a command grab run cancel or 50/50 in the game. She shouldn't be flawless but she needs a fighting chance against characters that outzone her. As a liu (as well as a kit) this match up is a piece of cake. You zone, wait for her to come in and try and frame trap you/ throw you. If you get thrown it's back to the zoning game which you win (and she can't keep up the pressure after her throw) or she can eat pressure. THIS IS NOT OK
They improved the armor of assassin strike and it is a fast move so getting in on zoners is easier now. She is fine.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Noooooo. She doesn't need an overhead. If you wan't to fight up close use 21, 1, D3, B12, strings into ex sharpen, ex fan, parry and grab. Mix it up. Assassin might be her best variation she doesn't need an overhead.... never has.
An do what? she can't keep up pressure after her throw. Literally every other character in the game has some sort of 50/50 or command grab to keep up the pressure so why can't kitana in a single variation. Nobody complained when cybernetic gained a quick unsafe overhead in air ball.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Can people please stop trying to turn Kitana into a cookie cutter character? Part of her appeal is her honest gameplay. Assassin strike being an overhead would be insanely stupid. For a zoner, her up close game is really good with legit frame traps and her down 3 grants potential strings and throw mix ups on hit. It's okay if she has hard match ups.
I knew you'd be in here before too long <3

gam224

Then use royal storm if you prefer for those match ups. A single variation doesn't need to have the answer to everything. Other characters have it worse against zoners
I did not say that her anti zoning was bad I said she needs something once she gets in. There would still be a use for mournful and assassin so she wouldn't have the answer to everything she would have a solid variation to actually rush down in. We have the variation system so that we don't have to pick up entirely new characters but not kitana. You can't play just kitana and be successful in this game.

Skedar70

Noob
I did not say that her anti zoning was bad I said she needs something once she gets in. There would still be a use for mournful and assassin so she wouldn't have the answer to everything she would have a solid variation to actually rush down in. We have the variation system so that we don't have to pick up entirely new characters but not kitana. You can't play just kitana and be successful in this game.
I already told you all you can do once you get in close. Use all of her strings that are plus and combine them with parry to put fear on your opponent. Mix in the b2 overhead and b3 low in once your opponent is afraid to poke or armor.

gam224

I already told you all you can do once you get in close. Use all of her strings that are plus and combine them with parry to put fear on your opponent. Mix in the b2 overhead and b3 low in once your opponent is afraid to poke or armor.
first things first back 2 is react-able. Second if they have and match up knowledge and can't react to back 2 they can eat the 7 percent or so that goes with taking the hit. they get one good read on you and you could be facing upwards of 30% off their mix ups back into knock down. Assassin is still poor man's royal storm.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Is that a bad thing? I just am trying to be the reasonable Kitana player since it seems like people who ask for things don't fully grasp the implications of what they're actually asking for and people like to complain about the lack of unique designs, but then want to turn a unique character into something more homogeneous.
I don't think he meant it insultingly

Skedar70

Noob
first things first back 2 is react-able. Second if they have and match up knowledge and can't react to back 2 they can eat the 7 percent or so that goes with taking the hit. they get one good read on you and you could be facing upwards of 30% off their mix ups back into knock down. Assassin is still poor man's royal storm.
This isn't any different if assassin strike becomes an overhead. Its the same thing, You can't combo from it and if they block it you get punished with a combo. So she actually doesn't need it.

gam224

"Kitana is unqiue and therefore shouldn't have any 50/50 or offense in a game dominated what so ever" argument is just plain ridiculous to me. If you stray too far from the standard characters you end up with characters like summoner quan and gm sub zero who both either destroy the other character or get destroyed. Normalizing shouldn't be treated like a sin if it balances the game.

gam224

This isn't any different if assassin strike becomes an overhead. Its the same thing, You can't combo from it and if they block it you get punished with a combo. So she actually doesn't need it.
I disagree. With and overhead you can finally condition people to stop just block low. It would also encourage good use sharpen because roughly 20% isn't something to be scoffed at. This can force your opponent to wake up or eat a low. It would round out an otherwise flawed character.

Skedar70

Noob
I disagree. With and overhead you can finally condition people to stop just block low. It would also encourage good use sharpen because roughly 20% isn't something to be scoffed at. This can force your opponent to wake up or eat a low. It would round out an otherwise flawed character.
USEEEEEE B2. If you are losing with Kitana you are being outplayed. There is nothing flawed about the character. Use throws and stagger pressure, frame traps, strings into ex sharpen (which is very plus), parry and you will drain your opponents life in no time.

gam224

USEEEEEE B2. If you are losing with Kitana you are being outplayed. There is nothing flawed about the character. Use throws and stagger pressure, frame traps, strings into ex sharpen (which is very plus), parry and you will drain your opponents life in no time.
Or you could play a flawless neutral and lose to the opponent knocking you down once

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
There's the crazy amount of 50/50 , set-up based, super strong zoning or rushing characters. And then there's Kitana...

But that's not a bad thing at all. I've always wondered why Kitana wasn't given the special treatment that literally 90% of the cast has, but at the same time, I'm glad she didn't get it. She legit has her own meta. It's almost to the point that she doesn't "fit" in the game because she plays so differently from everyone else.

No set ups, no 50-50s, no run cancels, no insane pressure or zoning, yet somehow she's still a good character imo. She's EXTREMELY honest and takes skill to use. I'm not saying she's hard to pick up or anything like that, but she's not the character that relies on KDs into 50/50s into corner into death. She plays her own game and that's why I like her so much.

As for the recent comments of her being bottom 10, I really don't care. NO ONE bodies her (except HQT), yet she doesn't body anyone either. I feel like she can compete with whoever. I have fun with her and I win with her so that's all that matters to me.

As for buffs go, I truly don't think she needs any. We got all the REASONABLE buffs we asked for. The nerfs she got were very understandable and didn't ruin her at all (r.i.p tanya). I'm hearing there's a patch after Evo and I wouldn't be upset if she went untouched. The only thing I can see her getting is f2 being OH while sharpen is active. Other than that, I think she's fine.

My honest thoughts.