What's new

BruskPoetProductions, best MK youtuber imo,asks for 11 3D era characters in MK11, 2500 people upvote

Ger187

Noob
Right back at you boss. I;m not trying to prove anything, but some are looking at numbers and still deny reality. Reality is that Takeda and Cassie were well received and Kung Jin and Jacqui were not. Kano was not. Goro was not. Reality is that you can't count Tanya as last as she was only DLC.

Reality is that being a protagonist in the story and the child of Johnny Cage and Sonya should have made Cassie go to number 1. I'm sure that if they made Kenshi or Fujin protagonists, then people wouldn't stop playing them. But Cassie? Many saw her as a Mary Sue. She has a big fan community, but it's because she's "fresh". What will be i a few years, after she's not protagonist anymore? You know, she;ll be "theat girl with the millitary gimmicks". Will she be more appreciated in 10 years, or right there with Taven and Shujinko?

My point is exactly to respect other people's favourites, this is what the discussion started from. You seem to have your ears covered to what I say cause to you what 4500 people liked doesn't matter, but what Braindead user says here, 1 person, should matter more. Well, it doesn't. This TYM community is just a small one made up of people who are very much haters of the 3D era. Most probably weren't even born during those games and even if some were, they probably believed the plot of Armageddon "too convoluted" to understand it. So, I'm sorry for wanting better games with better writing than fu**ing MarySue-Cassie taking down Shinnok. Should I just dumb down?
Look i dont have my ears covered since i dont read with my ears. And about that 4500? I just dont give a fuck. And i like the kombat kids neither but who cares? Maybe ask ed boon why they dont put youre favorites in the game but please stop "spamming" this shit

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
well good to know I need pay no attention to this youtube fella. ..
the whole "first WE expected...then WE would have settled" is so gross...plus the WE, is it a commune or a union or you and the rat in your pocket.?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm not gonna defend matteo for... well... obvious reasons...

However, just because the 3D era games were bad doesn't mean there weren't people who didn't like any of the characters... that was a lot of negatives, but my point is, I too like a good handful of those characters and would love to see them return in a modern MK, getting a redesign both aesthetically and gameplay-wise.

And I know NRS can do this if they wanted to, as they have definitely proven they can take even the most basic and soulless of characters from a past game and turn them into an interesting and cool character in a modern MK. I'm of course talking about Tremor here. Not to mention they took Nightwolf and Stryker, two of the most hated characters in the Trilogy era, and made them cool and fun in MK9!

Also, considering MKvsDCU was focused on MK1/2 characters, and MK9 was all about the 3 first games, it kinda makes sense that not a lot of people tried to make the case of bringing 3D era characters into those games. Because that's not what those games were about.

However, from MKX and forward there's great potential to bring some of those characters back into the modern era. I know that the majority cling on to the legacy characters, but there should still be room for other fan favourites.

Lastly...

This is pretty much why a lot of people cling on to the legacy characters as well.

I stand by what I said.

Those games weren't bad but they changed quite a bit from MK4. It's was a different ball game with MKDA, MKD & MKA.

I love the 3D era made posts about them here and other forums for years but I don't wear rose tainted glasses. Nor do I stick up for game mechanics that made the game more..."interesting". That came from that era which made some of those characters far more better then need be.

I have posted that I wished NRS WOULD look to the past both in the systems they've used and charaters. And one day it'll come. MK11 looks to be a step in that direction.

He has his opinion just like you and I. But unless there is going to an announcement that mk11 or 12 is going to include everyone then to him I say CHILL with roster predictions and and Santa wish list & wait and see.

We know they can reinvent characters like Bo, Kenshi, Quan, Tanya, ect. It's a fact. So what I asked. And this is key.

Do you remember how they played? Because I sure as shit do and I would want better then Rai Cho in MKXL. Or Kenshi in mk9. Now again. This is where the game comes in because he was pretty much designed the same KD, launcher, OH, 50/50 charater from MKD. In a game like MKXL which demanded you to play like that. Much like the 3D era which I do remember MANY of us complained about.

Not to say he was good or bad but I remember him being top tier for years in previous games and how he was the middle of the pack... In a game like MKXL with heavy 50/50 oh/low ect like the 3D era. More or less depending on people's opinions.

THAT'S what I would want for my 3D era charaters. Again besides Nostalgic reasons.

For them to NOT turn into a Cyrax, Sonya or... Ugh Kabal with his iagb, NDC & 90 seconds IF YOUR LUCKY to survive endless pressure in mk9.

Besides Nostalgic reasons. Which for most seems enough for most. Ok fine. I'm cool either way.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Can we please stop giving attention to people like op and "content creators" like the guy he mentioned?

I'm sorry but channels like that sicken me, just like uncaged and dynasty. There is no meaningful content to be found. All these people do is take anything NRS puts out and unleash verbal diarrhea over it.

Essentially they're amassing an audience through NRS' work and barely any of their own, and nothing else. At least with let's players you can argue people go and watch them for the personality.

It's not just the clickbait. It's the sheer vapidness and lack of meaning of everything they say. As mean as it sounds, it's almost text book definition of "waste of air".

God I've wanted to get that out so badly
quote for truth. Tubers like this are the fucking worst, but not as bad as their lame fanboys. They add nothing to the community and just talk unending amount of shit.

mattteo

Noob
So erh...
What exactly has BruskPoet said or done that has earned people's scorn like this?

He dared say that he wants 3D era characters in the game!

Why would the above poster or others not let the people who like those characters enjoy this thread and just not post in it if they don't like them? Why go after the youtuber or me for posting?

Bullies they are. A lot of bullies on this site. Just let me and other 3D era fans enjoy this thread and what BruskPoetProductions advocates.

I didn't go on any "I want Kano" thread to insult the posters there even though I'm not a fan of that character. I let them be happy for him.

It just makes me sad that people here are such bullies that they don't let other fans say anything positive about the 3D era characters, even though we clearly have examples of the awesomess of Kenshi, Quan Chi, Fujin, Tanya, Havik and it could go on to other characters if NRS worked with them.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I'm gonna be the best MK youtuber.
You will all see.

All my kontent is gonna be me stalking Tom Brady and video taping him through his window well hiding in some bushes.
That's a great idea! Just watch out for monitors flying out of the window, it may catch you off guard for a suprise brutality. :D

Absolutely not unless they had a minimum of 40 kharacters. Not gonna lose iconic kharacters for kharacters most people dont care about it. Thats just too much for one game. Id say 4 on the main roster and probably 2 for dlc

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm gonna be the best MK youtuber.
You will all see.

All my kontent is gonna be me stalking Tom Brady and video taping him through his window well hiding in some bushes.
Already covered that base. Kind of. I mean I can't speak to whether or not he lives where there are bushes, or windows. But I do, canonically, have dibs on his soul.

That being said:

So erh...
What exactly has BruskPoet said or done that has earned people's scorn like this?
Thiiiiis right here is what I want to know.

It's threads like this that remind me just how viscous with toxicity this community still is. There are a LOT of people who are gonna be sour as all fuck when this game drops and 3D MK is once again nowhere to be found. Myself included. And thousands of upvotes isn't exactly chump change. Let the people have their say.

trufenix

bye felicia
To further put things into perspective, even Deadly Alliance, an actual 3D game, didn't have that many 3D-era characters (I'm even being really generous and counting Mokap)
"3D-era characters" actually just means "I love mortal kombat deception." Which also means "I never played MK in the arcades".

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
"3D-era characters" actually just means "I love mortal kombat deception." Which also means "I never played MK in the arcades".
For the record I didn't even play the arcade versions of MK1-4 and even I wasn't that interested in Deception at the time lol. But yeah the Deception fans in particular are usually the most rabid advocates for this.

mattteo

Noob
For the record I didn't even play the arcade versions of MK1-4 and even I wasn't that interested in Deception at the time lol. But yeah the Deception fans in particular are usually the most rabid advocates for this.

There are thousands advocating for this. Rabid are like 6 opposants on TYM

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
They also make the mobile game for WWE and I hope they can add wrestling characters to MK11 since they have the license. Someone like The Undertaker would be fantastic in MK11
Just because NRS makes the WWE game doesn't mean WB has the rights to their characters, though. WWE owns the rights, and they're currently a PG product. Don't expect to see any of their wrestlers getting their spine ripped out of their asshole.