What's new

BruskPoetProductions, best MK youtuber imo,asks for 11 3D era characters in MK11, 2500 people upvote

mattteo

Noob

I totally agree with him. In a previous video, he said that for the late 25 years anniversary of Mortal Kombat, every game should have representation. Aside from characters from MK1, MK2 and MK3 being on the roster he said there should be:

Reiko and Fujin from MK4

Frost, Li Mei and Kenshi from Deadly Alliance

Havik, Ashrah and Onaga from Deception

Daegon, Taven AND Sareena from Armageddon.

That's 11 and they are my favourites as well!

mattteo

Noob
I wish NRS took out one 3D era character from the game for every thread that you've posted on the subject.
Only that it's not my video, it's BPP's. And take out who? There isn't any, which is just unaimaginable.

First we expected about 11, then we would have settled for 6. Now, maybe we'll get 1 or 2. F*ck this MK11.

mattteo

Noob
How would you know though? The full roster isn't even out..

It's pretty out by now. Scorp, Sub, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Cage, Blade, Kano, Cassie, Jacqui/Jax, Baraka, Kabal, Skarlet, Noob (99%), Jade (100%), Shang Tsung (98%), Shao Kahn, maybe Rain, maybe Reptile, maybe Kenshi, maybe Takeda or Kung Jin, perhaps Kotal Kahn, perhaps Smoke, Geras, new, new, new.- that's more than 25 right there.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
It's pretty out by now. Scorp, Sub, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Cage, Blade, Kano, Cassie, Jacqui/Jax, Baraka, Kabal, Skarlet, Noob (99%), Jade (100%), Shang Tsung (98%), Shao Kahn, maybe Rain, maybe Reptile, maybe Kenshi, maybe Takeda or Kung Jin, perhaps Kotal Kahn, perhaps Smoke, Geras, new, new, new.- that's more than 25 right there.
But, we don't know if Jacqui, Jax, Reptile, Kenshi, Takeda, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, or Smoke are in. The only people on your list that have high (obvious) chances are Noob, Jade, Shang Tsung, and Rain. Which, any of them could even be DLC, which we also should take into consideration when it comes to any 3D era characters being in.

Bo Rai Cho and Tanya were both 3D era. We're getting 6 characters in the Kombat Pack and depending on how they divide the MK characters and Guests we could be getting 3-4 3D era characters as DLC.

I'm just saying don't worry yet! There's still a lot of characters left to be revealed, so there's plenty of opportunity for 3D era folks to show up. I'm personally hoping to see Li Mei (We need a female in purple since Mileena's chances aren't looking too good.), and Ashrah and Havik could be sick too.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Having at least 1 character from every previous game they debuted in wouldn't be a terrible idea actually, but it shouldn't just be done for the sake of it. The fact he had to include Sareena as an 'Armageddon character' kinda sums up how uninteresting Taven and Daegon actually were doesn't it...

It's not even looking good for MK3 characters either, I wouldn't be surprised if Kabal wound up being the only one in MK11.

I wish NRS took out one 3D era character from the game for every thread that you've posted on the subject.
If they went by that system, there would be roughly -5 3D characters. :DOGE

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Again.. why should anyone care about Frost... she is practically a gender swap. Do we seriously want 2 roster slots taken with nearly identical characters? She should be lost in story mode as unplayable, or maybe "rebuilt" as a skin for Subs or a Variation of subs in a new game. It baffles me why anyone cares about her.

BTW... who the hell is BrutalPoetProductions? ... Sure more official MK characters the better imo. Making a video on it though is like making a video on vanilla icecream and how the vlogger likes the taste of it. Just typical gum flapping pointless narcissistic noise from another like chaser. OMG the amazing commentary.... I want X Characters to come back... that is some fascinating discourse right there lol. It isn't like there is a dozen 200 page reply threads on this subject already on this very forum.. oh wait.. there is.

For myself from the "3D" era I think Ashrah would top my list. She has been in a number of my wish lists over the years, Sareena is another one that gets requested in nearly every thread.. and this is really the point... everyone has their own wants character wise. You could literally list anyone and someone would be hype.

The problem is that like any fighting games there are the auto includes. That have to be in every version. Then there are the ones that could be dropped but are so ingrained in most versions that there would be riot if they were not in the game. Imagine leaving Chun Li from Street Fighter, like Shao Khan she can be, more so than say Ryu.. but also.. eh.. she sorta always is in the game most of the time. On top of that you need a few new ones every time and with them you are already near maxing out the roster. In addition legacy is a real part of fighting game continuity. Cassie is rumoured to be in MK11 and this is believable (beyond the story mode image) as she was super popular in the last version and having the same character in multiple versions in a row is how to retain player continuity. Then of course being NRS you need lame but very good for sales non MK ones, guests characters.

The upshot of all that is that after those considerations... Auto Includes, Legacy, New Blood, Guests and Continuity a new game dose not have that many slots up for grabs in the roster.... so now you think... Do we want to bring back a popular character everyone loves from games everyone loves or some obscure one form some of the worst games in the series that many players know jack shit about.

What I am getting at here is that there is a good reason a lot of these "3d" ones are not turning up... but I doubt they are forgotten and will be seen in game in time, even if only as DLC.

Bring Back MoTaro #MakeThatShitWorkNRS​

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

Before the Community Reveal Stream, there were so few threads I was caught up on them all. Felt great.

Now I feel like I'm missing out on tons of conversation cause there are TONS of worthless threads ALL repeating the same stuff over and over. If there's 1 thread discussing Roster Predictions, there shouldn't be anymore. If there's 1 thread discussing gameplay mechanics. There shouldn't be anymore. Same goes with story mode. It's just ughhhh.

Threads should only be allowed by moderators or something. Like, a mod has to give it the 'ok' or immediately merge it with an existing thread if it's identical to one already out there.

mattteo

Noob
Before the Community Reveal Stream, there were so few threads I was caught up on them all. Felt great.

Threads should only be allowed by moderators or something. Like, a mod has to give it the 'ok' or immediately merge it with an existing thread if it's identical to one already out there.

Different ideas, different threads, don;t be a drama queen Nicki Minaj (did I guess the picture?) and stop trying to remove opinions which aren't yours. The youtuber above posted his ideas, he deserves his own thread after being voted by thousands of people.

How would you feel if someone tried to slience you or your 100-200 friends who bash the 3D era characters?

Yet, here I am, listening to you too, even though you aren't even more than 250 opinions. We listen to the opinions of everyone and see why they think like that, try to reach the best conclusions.

xXRagingFlameXx

Different ideas, different threads, don;t be a drama queen Nicki Minaj (did I guess the picture?) and stop trying to remove opinions which aren't yours. The youtuber above posted his ideas, he deserves his own thread after being voted by thousands of people. How would you feel if someone tried to slience you off?
I'm choosing to ignore you. Thanks for recognizing the Queen of Rap though. Stream Barbie Goin' Bad and Barbie Drip to rid yourself of your delusions.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Also I don't want any 3D era characters. Give me Spawn, Shaggy and the MKX kids.

All of those are better than all the trash 3D era characters combined

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Eh, 3D era characters should stay in that era. I'd rather have most of the original characters instead of having them in the main roster - as DLC? Fine, I won't complain, I will most likely not be getting them anyways as my main's in the game already.

Frost could be cool if she has a quick and fast playstyle different from Sub, but again, I'd rather have Mileena and Jade over her.

Immortal

Blind justice....
4500 people... in scale of milions... Right makes sense. NRS will for sure listen. Not like the roster have been locked and done for months now, including DLC.

BUT

keep making those dumb threads and maybe like 1001 petition thread, coz we didn't have enough of those yet and it's always a good laugh.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
The best part about the video is that it panders to the general consensus anyway. He only listed characters that 9/10 people who kept up with MK thru the 3D era, agree were fine anyway.

This video doesn't mean anything.