What's new

BruskPoetProductions, best MK youtuber imo,asks for 11 3D era characters in MK11, 2500 people upvote

Rearawt

Noob

mattteo

Noob
Takeda and Cassie are both above Kenshi, the most salvageable character of the 3D era. This proves it: New > 3D

Takeda and Cassie were protagonists, The game and the developers really pushed them. They didn;t miss a chance to tell Cassie was everyone's favourite character (it was probably a directive from high up, cause everyone was saying it on twitter). And yet, 2 of the other protagonists did bad.

With the whole setup and relevance they were given, does it seem to you that Cassie and Takeda having more players than Kenshi means the kombat kids are better than the 3D era characters?

Put Fujin in the game and he'll wipe the floor with those Cassie and Takeda numbers!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
And yet with all that pushing from NRS, people still didn;t play them much.
Lmao even in that thread that you call "research" you can see the 3D characters like Tanya is dead bottom no one used her lmao.

And Takeda is in top 3 because MKX kids were a big success. Jason and the DLCs also placed well so NRS is obviously going in the right direction here.

Even your "proof" just proves that the 3D characters are trash lmao. If NRS wanted to add Fujin and Frost and the rest of the bad characters they could've done it in MKX where the models were ready and could easily be used.

mattteo

Noob
Lmao even in that thread that you call "research" you can see the 3D characters like Tanya is dead bottom no one used her lmao.

Ok, you are really lying here. You're either a little kid or just enjoy saying dumb things. Tanya was DLC, this was mentioned before. And as far as I know everybody loved Tanya. Not everybody loved Jacqui or Kung Jin.

Ger187

Noob
Ok, you are really lying here. You're either a little kid or just enjoy saying dumb things. Tanya was DLC, this was mentioned before. And as far as I know everybody loved Tanya. Not everybody loved Jacqui or Kung Jin.
I didnt like tanya so not everybody. What are you trying to proof here? Let the people like the characters they want and dont try to make people share your opinion

mattteo

Noob
I didnt like tanya so not everybody. What are you trying to proof here? Let the people like the characters they want and dont try to make people share your opinion

Right back at you boss. I;m not trying to prove anything, but some are looking at numbers and still deny reality. Reality is that Takeda and Cassie were well received and Kung Jin and Jacqui were not. Kano was not. Goro was not. Reality is that you can't count Tanya as last as she was only DLC.

Reality is that being a protagonist in the story and the child of Johnny Cage and Sonya should have made Cassie go to number 1. I'm sure that if they made Kenshi or Fujin protagonists, then people wouldn't stop playing them. But Cassie? Many saw her as a Mary Sue. She has a big fan community, but it's because she's "fresh". What will be i a few years, after she's not protagonist anymore? You know, she;ll be "theat girl with the millitary gimmicks". Will she be more appreciated in 10 years, or right there with Taven and Shujinko?

My point is exactly to respect other people's favourites, this is what the discussion started from. You seem to have your ears covered to what I say cause to you what 4500 people liked doesn't matter, but what Braindead user says here, 1 person, should matter more. Well, it doesn't. This TYM community is just a small one made up of people who are very much haters of the 3D era. Most probably weren't even born during those games and even if some were, they probably believed the plot of Armageddon "too convoluted" to understand it. So, I'm sorry for wanting better games with better writing than fu**ing MarySue-Cassie taking down Shinnok. Should I just dumb down?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
This guy thinking 4500 votes is a lot while Shaggy has 330k votes to be added to MK11 lmao

https://www.change.org/p/anyone-make-shaggy-a-dlc-in-mortal-kombat-11
We're gonna get Shaggy, a guest character, before we get any of those 3D guys :D:D:D:D I'm choking rn that's great. I doubt a 3D era character could get that many numbers, but that's just me. Just goes to show how heavy the influence of guest characters are in relation to MK characters and further proves my point of guest characters never ending.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
We absolutely don't need that many shitty 3D era characters. Reiko and Fujin would be excellent additions, and I think we are getting Frost and Daegon aside from them. Other than that, you won't see anyone else on that list, in my opinion.

mattteo

Noob
I mean, if you're using Armageddon as a barometer for well written stories, maybe you already are.

Riiiight...,because MK9 was so much more than the bios of MK1-MK3 put together with minor alterations like Kung Lao dying early instead of Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero becoming cyborg instead of Smoke and a big battle at the end where all the heroes die. Yup, much more....really imaginative.

And MKX was so good......let's take Johnny, Sonya, Jax, Kung Lao and Kenshi and give them kids or a cousin and make them protagonists of the story. And Cassie has this power that takes down an Elder God. Really impressive

Rearawt

Noob
Riiiight...,because MK9 was so much more than the bios of MK1-MK3 put together with minor alterations like Kung Lao dying early instead of Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero becoming cyborg instead of Smoke and a big battle at the end where all the heroes die. Yup, much more....really imaginative.

And MKX was so good......let's take Johnny, Sonya, Jax, Kung Lao and Kenshi and give them kids or a cousin and make them protagonists of the story. And Cassie has this power that takes down an Elder God. Really impressive
Yes, both of those stories were written more coherently and are more cohesive than Armageddon's

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
No, because Jacqui and Kung Jin are like the Batman and Superman of MK!

That settles it. I'm the one embarassing myself?
You just won the argument I never made, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the Batman and Superman if you wanna play it like that and they’re already here.

Icefyre

Shadows
Reality is that you can't count Tanya as last as she was only DLC.
So you claim that she was DLC thus can't be considered, but there are three other DLC characters from her Kombat Pack that did better than her, and four DLC characters not even included in that thread. Predator (21) and Jason (14) were both part of her KP. If people were interested in her like that, she wouldn't be last or next to last every single month. The bottom five on that list are four 3D era characters and Kano.

That thread ended before KP2 came out. I'm not really seeing what you're trying to prove with that link.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Just please....stop, you're embarassing yourself.

And the 3D era characters suck so much that the ones they put in the game or in the comic received some of the best praise in MKX (Kenshi, Tanya, Havik, Reiko). As opposed to Kano, Jacqui, Kung Jin, who nobody liked and were the least talked about and least played characters.

Characters like Fujin and Li Mei and Frost and Sareena, who only had cameos, were so good in those cameos roles, that people have been actively pushing for them. And let me just keep my impression that ANY 3D era character NRS would put in the game would have a similar impact, much better than Jacqui or Kung Jin.
Did you really play those games?

I mean back in mk9 or mk vs dc I didn't hear peep about people making a case for Nitara, li mai, or Havik in those games because they were terrible.

Yes now it's a different age where engines are better faster and stronger so they could come back but I sure has hell would not want them back similar to MKDA or MKD at all.

Which is why I question you because you want them in for nostalgic reasons. Because they were terrible at that time unlike a Kenshi or Bo Rai Cho who made it out of that era.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I mean back in mk9 or mk vs dc I didn't hear peep about people making a case for Nitara, li mai, or Havik in those games because they were terrible.
I'm not gonna defend matteo for... well... obvious reasons...

However, just because the 3D era games were bad doesn't mean there weren't people who didn't like any of the characters... that was a lot of negatives, but my point is, I too like a good handful of those characters and would love to see them return in a modern MK, getting a redesign both aesthetically and gameplay-wise.

And I know NRS can do this if they wanted to, as they have definitely proven they can take even the most basic and soulless of characters from a past game and turn them into an interesting and cool character in a modern MK. I'm of course talking about Tremor here. Not to mention they took Nightwolf and Stryker, two of the most hated characters in the Trilogy era, and made them cool and fun in MK9!

Also, considering MKvsDCU was focused on MK1/2 characters, and MK9 was all about the 3 first games, it kinda makes sense that not a lot of people tried to make the case of bringing 3D era characters into those games. Because that's not what those games were about.

However, from MKX and forward there's great potential to bring some of those characters back into the modern era. I know that the majority cling on to the legacy characters, but there should still be room for other fan favourites.

Lastly...

Which is why I question you because you want them in for nostalgic reasons.
This is pretty much why a lot of people cling on to the legacy characters as well.

Agilaz

It has begun
Can we please stop giving attention to people like op and "content creators" like the guy he mentioned?

I'm sorry but channels like that sicken me, just like uncaged and dynasty. There is no meaningful content to be found. All these people do is take anything NRS puts out and unleash verbal diarrhea over it.

Essentially they're amassing an audience through NRS' work and barely any of their own, and nothing else. At least with let's players you can argue people go and watch them for the personality.

It's not just the clickbait. It's the sheer vapidness and lack of meaning of everything they say. As mean as it sounds, it's almost text book definition of "waste of air".

God I've wanted to get that out so badly