What's new

Brainiac Combo Thread

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah, you're just reading the frame data. Has anybody actually tested it?
I don't like this. Why are you immediately writing off the statements of someone who mains the character, who has been labbing since the instant the game was released, for the statements made by commentators, a notoriously unreliable place for information? Somebody has tested it, yes, and that somebody is me and other Brainiac players. Everything I say feel free to lab yourself and find the information I am giving right now for yourself. I set Firestorm to reversal charge (8 frame reversal, equivalent of 7 frame normal) for testing for legit pressure with trait. Firestorm punishes the second hit of divekick EVERY SINGLE TIME no matter how it is spaced.

Chef was doing divekick (on block) into D1. If it was -8 there's no way he could do that. He was doing MB divekick all over the place and never got punished (except for people interrupting between the two hits like you said.
I guess since it's like day 3 and all perhaps people are getting away with some bullshit especially with one of the less played characters who a lot of people haven't even unlocked yet? The fact that MB divekick is most definitely AT LEAST -8 should open your eyes to the human level involved with fighters especially at day 3.

MB divekick might actually be plus if the second hit only hits at max range. We can't trust the in game frame data right now.
We don't have to. Take Brainiac to lab. Set character to 8 frame reversal. See if you can even make MB divekick safe, let alone plus.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I don't like this. Why are you immediately writing off the statements of someone who mains the character, who has been labbing since the instant the game was released, for the statements made by commentators, a notoriously unreliable place for information? Somebody has tested it, yes, and that somebody is me and other Brainiac players. Everything I say feel free to lab yourself and find the information I am giving right now for yourself. I set Firestorm to reversal charge (8 frame reversal, equivalent of 7 frame normal) for testing for legit pressure with trait. Firestorm punishes the second hit of divekick EVERY SINGLE TIME no matter how it is spaced.

We don't have to. Take Brainiac to lab. Set character to 8 frame reversal. See if you can even make MB divekick safe, let alone plus.
I was able to make MB Divekick safe against Flash's Super which comes out in 6 frames. Also, it was pretty easy to make his regular divekick safe just by hitting below the waist like @Youngteezy said. Also, you can significantly decrease the gap between the first hit of divekick and the second meterburn hit by hitting them below the waist.

I do agree that you probably can't make either of the divekicks plus on block. Either I misheard the commentators or they were wrong.

I asked on here because it's not easy to test frame data like that and I thought somebody already had.

God Confirm

I was able to make MB Divekick safe against Flash's Super which comes out in 6 frames.
The second hit unpunishable? I don't know how, I tried hitting is meaty as possible, not happening for me? Can you make a video of it?

Also, it was pretty easy to make his regular divekick safe just by hitting below the waist like @Youngteezy said.
Yup thats pretty established that you can do that, irrelevant tho because we are talking about combo openers in the combo thread and non-MB divekick is not one.

Also, you can significantly decrease the gap between the first hit of divekick and the second meterburn hit by hitting them below the waist.
Yes, thats established too, but while poking out between the hits is POSSIBLE if it hits you high, thats not where the punish is on MB divekick, and still a B/F3 MB is still pretty easy to put in the middle of this gap no matter how tight you make it.

I asked on here because it's not easy to test frame data like that and I thought somebody already had.
Well, that somebody is me, I've tested everything I told you.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The second hit unpunishable? I don't know how, I tried hitting is meaty as possible, not happening for me? Can you make a video of it?

Yup thats pretty established that you can do that, irrelevant tho because we are talking about combo openers in the combo thread and non-MB divekick is not one.

Yes, thats established too, but while poking out between the hits is POSSIBLE if it hits you high, thats not where the punish is on MB divekick, and still a B/F3 MB is still pretty easy to put in the middle of this gap no matter how tight you make it.

Well, that somebody is me, I've tested everything I told you.
Just divekick over their head and mb it should give you perfect range.

And mb b3 is not going to punish regular divekick so they are going to have to make a read. Stop acting like you have all the answers when the game has been out 3 days. You didn't even know you could make divekicks safe.

God Confirm

Just divekick over their head and mb it should give you perfect range.
Nice find, that does indeed make it JUST unpunishable on block, but no where near plus. Regardless, it's not safe, as they can just jab you out EASILY as you land.

And mb b3 is not going to punish regular divekick so they are going to have to make a read.
Stop acting like you have all the answers when the game has been out 3 days.

You didn't even know you could make divekicks safe.
I'm not acting like I have all the answers, I'm telling you WHAT I'VE FOUND IN THE LAB and you were immediately discounting it as "yeah nope you're just reading the frame data" like wat. I also didn't say MB B3 is going to punish regular Divekick. I didn't say it wasn't going to take a read. I didn't even IMPLY that. Guess what, to punish ANYTHING you have to make a read on it and block when necessary. Stop putting words in my mouth and deciding for other people what they have/haven't done and are/aren't saying. I'm not saying bad about him, I'm a big fan of the character, I'm not making any sort of tier based assement 3 days in, I was simply correcting your misinformation so that we can all improve. I'm also not discounting anybody's opinion, the only person who did that was you. It's nothing that you need to take personal and if you feel I'm then incorrect, please by all means inform me how, but don't just say "yeah nope thats just reading the wrong frame data not testing", when I have tested, and the frame data is not wrong. That's just wasting everybody's time.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Nice find, that does indeed make it JUST unpunishable on block, but no where near plus. Regardless, it's not safe, as they can just jab you out EASILY as you land.

I'm not acting like I have all the answers, I'm telling you WHAT I'VE FOUND IN THE LAB and you were immediately discounting it as "yeah nope you're just reading the frame data" like wat. I also didn't say MB B3 is going to punish regular Divekick. I didn't say it wasn't going to take a read. I didn't even IMPLY that. Guess what, to punish ANYTHING you have to make a read on it and block when necessary. Stop putting words in my mouth and deciding for other people what they have/haven't done and are/aren't saying. I'm not saying bad about him, I'm a big fan of the character, I'm not making any sort of tier based assement 3 days in, I was simply correcting your misinformation so that we can all improve. I'm also not discounting anybody's opinion, the only person who did that was you. It's nothing that you need to take personal and if you feel I'm then incorrect, please by all means inform me how, but don't just say "yeah nope thats just reading the wrong frame data not testing", when I have tested, and the frame data is not wrong. That's just wasting everybody's time.
Ideally, you'd be doing crossover divekick on their wakeup so they couldn't poke.

Also, I never gave out any definitive info unlike you, who said divekick couldn't be safe. I was saying "might be" and "I heard". So if you took that as spreading misinformation then you aren't paying attention.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Alright he has some nasty pressure from holding trait, should of expected this from a 12th level intellect. This gives him potential for some great stuff and this isn't even getting into beta bomb which is listed as +70 on block/+81 on hit and can jail f3's on block and will combo.

Video is a little ugly I don't have the time to make the execution perfect for all four in one vid but what I'm showing off is these strings/specials jailing:

113~Beta Strike~113
F23~Beta Strike~Dive Kick
B12~Shoulder Charge~Beta Strike~113
F3~Beta Strike~B12

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I haven't seen anyone else mention this but it should be better to end with the hard knockdown so that the plus frames can be used for trait activation set-up. For example:

I also found it useful to change trait to the right bumper if using a controller.

Here are the combo notations In order of the video.

Corner:
Ex DB2(air), f3, BF3, d1xxDF2

(Only use after Dox Drill ender):

Trait (hold), f1 (d1 and df1 work as well)xxBF3, Trait release (release before BF3), d2xxBF3. d1xxDF2

Midscreen:

Trait Hold, any string into BF3, Trait release, 2,3xxDF2

Ex DB2(air), b3, BF3, 3xxDF2
(This switches sides)

After Dox Drill (DF2), Brainiac pretty much gets a free Trait activation to do whatever he wants with.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Random thoughts.

I'm thinking Oki Beta Pressure is going to be a huge deal for this character.

I took the advice of someone in another thread and switched my trait button to stance switch, with the exception of Green Arrow it's actually felt better on every character I've played. Only problem is I've spammed the wrong buttons for Xray lol.

What's the highest(non beta assisted) damage out of f3 in the corner? I've been doing F3, 3~BF3, 3~DB2/MB which does some great damage but I'm not sure if it's optimal. Meter burn hentai tentacles hit like a truck.

GNice4U

Noob
Alright he has some nasty pressure from holding trait, should of expected this from a 12th level intellect. This gives him potential for some great stuff and this isn't even getting into beta bomb which is listed as +70 on block/+81 on hit and can jail f3's on block and will combo.

Video is a little ugly I don't have the time to make the execution perfect for all four in one vid but what I'm showing off is these strings/specials jailing:

113~Beta Strike~113
F23~Beta Strike~Dive Kick
B12~Shoulder Charge~Beta Strike~113
F3~Beta Strike~B12

Really appreciate you taking the time to include inputs in the text...it helps so much.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
yeah, i don't see these long held beta combo's being a thing very often, your gonna be using beta's just to try and get in as brainiac doesnt really have anything you need to respect full screen :/.

his oki tho is legit.