*RAPTOR UPDATE*
Combos from Noble Raptor, video at bottom:

Midscreen:
12U2 12U2 (12 DF2)/(231+3)
12U2 D2 BF3 (3 DF2)/(231+3)
12U2 (Air) DB2 MB B3 (3 DF2)/(231+3)

(Air) DB2 D1 DF2
(Air) DB2 MB B3 J2 12 DF2
(Air) DB2 MB B3 BF3 (3 DF2)/(231+3)/(12 DB2 MB)

F1 DF MB 3 BF3 (3 DF2)/(231+3)

HOLD 4/D4 (Air) DB2 (3 DF2)/(231+3) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)
HOLD 4/D4 (Air) DB2 (Air) DB2 MB B3 (3 DF2)/(231+3) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)

HOLD 4/D4 D3 (3 DF2)/(231+3) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)
HOLD 4/D4 D3 (Air) DB2 MB B3 (3 DF2)/(231+3) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)

HOLD 4 B12 BF3 (3 DF2)/(231+3) (Requires Beta Strike)
HOLD 4 B12 BF3 (Air) DB2 MB B3 (3 DF2)/(231+3) (Requires Beta Strike)

D1/D+F+1 BGB B3 J2 (12 DF2)/(231+3)
D1/D+F+1 BGB B3 BF3 (3 DF2)/(231+3)/(12 DB2 MB)

Corner:
12U2 D2 BF3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB)
12U2 (Air) DB2 MB F3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB)
12U2 12 4 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike)

(Air) DB2 MB F3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB)
(Air) DB2 MB F3 D2 4 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike)

F1 DF MB 3 BF3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB)
F1 DF MB 3 BF3 D2 4 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike)

HOLD 4/D4 (Air) DB2 D2 BF3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)
HOLD 4/D4 (Air) DB2 (Air) DB2 MB F3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)

HOLD 4/D4 D1/D+F+1 BF3 D2 BF3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)
HOLD 4/D4 D1/D+F+1 BF3 (Air) DB2 MB F3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)

HOLD 4/D4 B12 BF3 D2 BF3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)
HOLD 4/D4 B12 BF3 (Air) DB2 MB F3 3 DF2/(DB2 MB) (Requires Beta Strike or Beta Bomb)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I've heard some complaints about Brainiac's grounded damage. I think it's fine.

I just did 1,2,U+2, Instant Divekick, B+3, b+1,2xxD,F+2 for about 400 damage.
That's good stuff. With that combo, do you have enough time to do a shoulder charge after the B3, or is the gravity too heavy?

I've been converting all my wall bounces into shoulder charge, 1+2~Tentacle Lash. Seems like best way to end, but I might be wrong. Maybe you can get more damage with another shoulder, or more utility out of the ground knockdown of DF+2.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That's good stuff. With that combo, do you have enough time to do a shoulder charge after the B3, or is the gravity too heavy?

I've been converting all my wall bounces into shoulder charge, 1+2~Tentacle Lash. Seems like best way to end, but I might be wrong. Maybe you can get more damage with another shoulder, or more utility out of the ground knockdown of DF+2.
I actually never thought of starting the post wall bounce with raw shoulder. I'll have to give that a shot tonight! I feel like the gravity may indeed be too heavy though considering there's already two launchers before that. Who knows, though.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I've heard some complaints about Brainiac's grounded damage. I think it's fine.

I just did 1,2,U+2, Instant Divekick, B+3, b+1,2xxD,F+2 for about 400 damage.
Its closer to 300. That's basically his only grounded combo. It's off a high, every hit is a gap, and every hit is unsafe, so it's basically an even worse opener than Divekick, and does less damage too. It's only saving grace is that it doesn't cost you the bar if they block, and that it can be used grounded. It might be ok off a jump in with trait to cover you, but the gaps will still be backdashable and good opponents will do that, but I guess it's a safe way to convert off a jump in against anyone without standing armor.

Other than that, the grounded damage isn't there at all really. Which is okay I guess, maybe that's just not his thing. To be seen.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Apparently divekick is safe and dox drill MB is plus on block. I haven't tested but that's what the commentators were saying at WNF. Divekick being safe would be huge for him.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Its closer to 300. That's basically his only grounded combo. It's off a high, every hit is a gap, and every hit is unsafe, so it's basically an even worse opener than Divekick, and does less damage too. It's only saving grace is that it doesn't cost you the bar if they block, and that it can be used grounded. It might be ok off a jump in with trait to cover you, but the gaps will still be backdashable and good opponents will do that, but I guess it's a safe way to convert off a jump in against anyone without standing armor.

Other than that, the grounded damage isn't there at all really. Which is okay I guess, maybe that's just not his thing. To be seen.
I was thinking more of that combo I posted as a punisher after blocking something up close.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Apparently divekick is safe and dox drill MB is plus on block. I haven't tested but that's what the commentators were saying at WNF. Divekick being safe would be huge for him.
divekick is -8, so it is unsafe and punishable by most characters s1 if they on point. There is also a big gap between the two hits that can be punished easily with a MB B/F3 into full combo if they want to match your bar.

MB drill is +1 on block, so it's pretty much just a neutral reset.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
divekick is -8, so it is unsafe and punishable by most characters s1 if they on point. There is also a big gap between the two hits that can be punished easily with a MB B/F3 into full combo if they want to match your bar.

MB drill is +1 on block, so it's pretty much just a neutral reset.
Yeah, you're just reading the frame data. Has anybody actually tested it? Chef was doing divekick (on block) into D1. If it was -8 there's no way he could do that. He was doing MB divekick all over the place and never got punished (except for people interrupting between the two hits like you said. MB divekick might actually be plus if the second hit only hits at max range. We can't trust the in game frame data right now.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
If it behaves anything like MKX divekicks, which I'm sure it does, it should be significantly better on block with good spacing.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Yeah, probably a matter of spacing. Hitting the opponents shin with the tip of Brainiac's toe VS colliding with their shoulders.

Dat gap tho :( Once people catch on to that it will be bad times.