What's new

BRADYCAST - My life as an MK9 pro

Tom Brady is the man.

So whats all the fuss about? Doesn't seem like there's an opinion there. Anybody who gives as much to anything like he has demands respect.

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
If you ever make it back to Local Battles in Fort Lee NJ, I'm gonna make a point of introducing myself to you and shaking your hand. ( I didn't do it last time because I didn't want to bother you lol) Because of your work and dedication the tournament scene has been exposed to me, and now not only do I want to come to more, but I want to improve and become better. The Mortal Kombat community has been a great experience for me, so just want to thank you for helping it reach my ears.

Good Luck at EVO man.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I still profess my undying love for you, Tom. lol

Seriously, though, It's obvious that you are a highly skilled player with a ton of knowledge concerning this game. I think people are mistaking frustration for salty-ness. Just because someone isn't happy about losing doesn't mean he or she is bitter about it.
I've never heard you say anything bad about any of the players you've lost to.

People are going to hate. That's a fact; but you've got fans, too. ^_^ I'm one of em'.

Also: very well stated. I've always felt that people have been overly hard on you. It's like you're not allowed to lose or you're a horrible player; and if you're upset about that loss, you're a horrible person.
I always watch the streams that you're featured in because I feel like I always learn so much from you. The "Stream Monsters" are a little out of hand as of late. It's cool, though. Haters gonna hate.

And I'll have to send you a picture of my "Where the F#CK is my AURA!?" Tee. ^_^

Abudabi

Noob
Keep doing what you're doing Bill. True humility is something very difficult to acquire but we see it and thank you for setting that example and being great ambassador for MK and its community and have a great time at Evo and maintain a clear and focused mindset.

This has been bothering me for awhile, how people keep saying you're salty and bitter, you're a bad sport over and over and over no matter what kind of situation you're in. There's having fun with it and crossing the line, calling you names on stream in which I banned last week on the VSM casuals last Thursday. Tom "Great Tournament Great Experience" Brady, Tom "Where's My Aura" Brady type of stuff is all in good fun, it's whatever, but people need to respect you as not just a player, but as a face of the game, a face of MK, and how you promote this game and trying and make it bigger and better in every way you can, and people need to realize this.

The guy isn't programmed, he's human. . . with human emotions. Of course he's going to be little upset at losing when trying to win, who isn't? or doesn't? Technically and mechanically he's one of the most sounds players and fans of the game, I doubt anyone knows more then he does, and he's nice enough to share all of the info with the world, make the most in depth guides around anywhere. . . WHY? To help EVERYONE, he doesn't NEED to do any of it but chooses to, it just baffles me on how anyone could hate you for any reason whatsoever. You tested the game? Cool big deal, being a tester and playing early might have helped you in the first couple, 3, 4, weeks but we're months in now.

I met you at PDP as a complete stranger, just knowing of you and playing you back in Deception. And you told me stuff about some characters that blew my mind, not even knowing me. Why? Because that's who you are. . . and I'll always be behind you, not just for that, but what you do for the game and how you do it.

Ending, and I know you don't take a lot of what these haters say seriously, but it's like anything and everyone else who is in the spotlight for every game, every sport. For some reason a lot of people hold others to impossible expectations and shouldn't. Anyway, brush it off, don't let it get to you so much that you think you have to explain yourself to everyone for everything you do. . .

See you at EVO brotha
This basically Tom, i'm surprised you get so much shit on your shoulders taken from idiots and after everything you do for the community they got the cheek to criticize you for losing or calling you salty etc, like you said every good player wins/looses its all part of the game and how things turn out, lol people act like CHRIS G is a random. Looking forward to seeing you compete at EVO friday good luck.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why don't you ever have the camera facing you? Haha, so weird.

Sabin

Elder God
havent heard the podcast yet, but...

win or lose, Tom Brady is one of the most electrifying men in digital sports entertainment. It's true, it's true. hehe!

It's just much more hilarious seeing you lose not cause i hate you or anything but the expressions on your face are almost priceless at times! i couldnt stop laughing at wcg. It also made me post on twitter about MK9 the whole day about the massive blowups going on...I probably wouldn't have done it otherwise. Which is a good thing cause it gets ppl talkign about MK even when theres no stream.

Good luck at evo for sure.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Sigh.. Well Tom.. I feel really bad now, knowing that the innocent jokes on the stream get to you. I for one am 1 of your biggest fans & will be rooting for you to win EVO. I must have posted up to 20 of those Tom "blame it on the rain" Brady comments on stream just for a laugh with the "stream monsters" & not to ridicule you. You are a very funny guy & even more so when ur a little upset thats why "we" (noobs/scrubs) take pokes at you when you lose games. I won't be cracking any more TomBrady jokes on stream since you have taken offence. Good luck at Evo Tom! p.s Reconsider the LIN KUEI !! ;)

SZSR

Noob
Now that we the MK community give you supreme chancellor powers, you must create a clone army and execute order 66!!! :bombs:

JK, you are really humble in victory and gracious in defeat and that's basically what I would look for someone representing me. Despite the bad rep. MK gets for being that ultra-violent game from the 90's and being a crappy game because of the 3D era, you've done a lot in shedding the "crappy game" mentality by simply playing, and you've been a role model in shedding that "ultra-violent desensitizer" idea associated with MK simply by being a nice guy. Every tournament I have been to, every MK player are nice guys, and to say you didn't have a role in making the community look good, would be a disrespect to your person. Much respect to you Tom Brady.

I still profess my undying love for you, Tom. lol

Seriously, though, It's obvious that you are a highly skilled player with a ton of knowledge concerning this game. I think people are mistaking frustration for salty-ness. Just because someone isn't happy about losing doesn't mean he or she is bitter about it.
I've never heard you say anything bad about any of the players you've lost to.

People are going to hate. That's a fact; but you've got fans, too. ^_^ I'm one of em'.

Also: very well stated. I've always felt that people have been overly hard on you. It's like you're not allowed to lose or you're a horrible player; and if you're upset about that loss, you're a horrible person.
I always watch the streams that you're featured in because I feel like I always learn so much from you. The "Stream Monsters" are a little out of hand as of late. It's cool, though. Haters gonna hate.

And I'll have to send you a picture of my "Where the F#CK is my AURA!?" Tee. ^_^

Didn't he spaz at LI Joe?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Tom Brady deserves respect .... he helped a lot of players to improve in this game, with his tips and gameplay explanation. Hope he does OK in the next Evo.

GenLiu

Noob
Just to say that what you said was really interesting and to thx you for all the work you do for the community Tom.
Without you I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know an half of what I know about MK, especially about strategy (meter usage, how to play characters...).

Some pples criticizes just because you give your opinion. Your opinion about what you think about the game, the characters, the players...
We live in a world where sharing our opinion franckly don't pleased everybody but this is also your strenght. You are who you are because you share your though, your advices, your experience... And this is actually a good thing so don't be worry about what some pples can say about you. You're probably one of the most important actor in the MK community atm.

And of course good luck for EVO!

PS: Sorry if my English is not perfect, I'm French so English is not my mother tongue.

Casual MK player here, but I watch every single stream. I spend more time watching MK than I ever do playing it.

I'm a big fan of this community. I don't understand why you get so much hate Tom, but remember, that's just a vocal minority. There are lots of people like me (who never post on the forums, never post on the streams) who love and appreciate what you do.

I don't think there is any MK9 player out there who hasn't heard something Tom said and gone, "Oh really? I'll have to try that out!" - The fact that the guy could have kept all this info to himself but chose not to is commendable.

None of these messages will stop the haters hating. Like you said, people love to hate. Apparently everybody hates Justin Bieber, but there he is with millions of views on youtube. I assure you, he's the one laughing.

I also agree with Sabin about the entertainment value. People like to support the underdog. During CEO, I was getting excited when Chris G was on the verge of beating you in the grand finals, because it felt like, "Wow, is Tom Brady gonna lose this tournament?!"

Whether people love you or hate you, it does nothing but help the community.

Briyen

Noob
I understand switching to KL because first and foremost you are a professional.

Bought your living guide off a kindle iPhone app just to support all the hard work and sleepless nights, basically every character is playable for me now thanks!

i'll always remember that sub-zero at Powerup, first stream ever :top:

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
All I have to say is thanks Tom. Without you me and many other MK newscomers wouldn't be here at all. I support you and your decisions, and wether you win or not EVO I'm confident that you'll do fookeen great.

I'd just say that most people on the streams that are constantly hatin' are just random anonymous /b/ fanboys tryin' to feel good with themselves by calling you names. There's fun on some, but all of them just show how important your name for the MK kommunity is. Anybody who truely loves MK and has some nice child memories of it can tell how much you do for us and the kommunity in general. Major props for you and all the other elder gods.

Don't forget that for every hater there's at least 3 loyal fans who <3 you and wait patiently(or not so patiently) to see you play or just be in the stream.

Btw, I still haven't found your facebook page! Link me to it or make a Google+ one.

if you love mk or anyother game the way tom does and other mk players like myself do . . . you should not be surprise when you see him expressing his feeling about a match with his face or his words . . . why shouldn't he enjoy himself ? why should he play like a robot with not passion for what it is happening?

two players i love to see fighting are maxter and cd.jr this guys are brothers and have a lot of respect for each other as players yes when they play in their house is the funniest thing to watch because they like to do some trash talk here and there but after all is done the respect it is still there no because they are brothers but because they both know how good the other is.

lets face it expressing yourself after a match is as fun as playing whatever you are expressing your feeling after you win or after you lose it is nothing more than been human and it is nothing less than having fun even after the match is over . . . it is fun for the player. . . it is fun for the viewer. . . and it is what makes offline much much much fun and better than online