What's new

BRADYCAST - My life as an MK9 pro

Sigh.. Well Tom.. I feel really bad now, knowing that the innocent jokes on the stream get to you. I for one am 1 of your biggest fans & will be rooting for you to win EVO. I must have posted up to 20 of those Tom "blame it on the rain" Brady comments on stream just for a laugh with the "stream monsters" & not to ridicule you. You are a very funny guy & even more so when ur a little upset thats why "we" (noobs/scrubs) take pokes at you when you lose games. I won't be cracking any more TomBrady jokes on stream since you have taken offence. Good luck at Evo Tom! p.s Reconsider the LIN KUEI !! ;)
those jokes dont bother me and neither do the ppl saying i suck. its when they insult my sportsmanship by trying to make me look like a bad sport about a win or loss. i win and im arrogant, i lose and im salty. as a competitor i take sportsmanship seriously, win or lose, doing it with class is the most important thing. the beauty of games is like sports, any man can be beat at any time. when i lose, i shake hands and say ggs. being a good sport is the most important thing in being a competitor. we all want credit when its our time to shine, but we also have to do the same to others and give them theirs when its their time. this is whats important to me, that is what matters the most to me as a competitor.

This is worth a thousand words.
wow, thats for posting this. thanks for making ect and supporting the MK9 tournament scene, i look forward to seeing you at summer jam.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Haven't watched the links in the 1st post. All I'll say is c'mon, Bill... after all the shit we used to give you in the tekken scene, stream monster comments should be bouncing off of you no problem. Big Word comes to mind, I'm sure.

So suck that shit up and keep about your business. We'll see you at Summer Crowns and Beatdowns in August, and the first thing we're gonna do is shit talk and troll the shit out of you. For old times' sake. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Hey there. I was the guy who posted the thread 'Tom Brady Drops Sub-Zero.

I would like to start by saying I am sorry for that topic as it was pretty salty of me and should not have been angry at your choice. I was just so shocked that the face of Sub-Zero would - drop him out of nowhere in one of my favourite streams- your show with silent1. I acted brashly and am again saying sorry.

But I want to add this: you are now playing as Kung Lao, the perfect character. The pressure is now on. If you lose with Sub-Zero it is more 'justifiable', he does have bad match ups and others have more tools than him. But now you will not have those disadvantages. Losing with Lao will be more painful than losing with Sub-Zero. That being said, I wish you the best of luck and hope you win it.

And maybe if you win you can reconsider your Sub-Zero thing?

Haven't watched the links in the 1st post. All I'll say is c'mon, Bill... after all the shit we used to give you in the tekken scene, stream monster comments should be bouncing off of you no problem. Big Word comes to mind, I'm sure.

So suck that shit up and keep about your business. We'll see you at Summer Crowns and Beatdowns in August, and the first thing we're gonna do is shit talk and troll the shit out of you. For old times' sake. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
the shit talk does bounce off me, its making me out to be someone with bad sportsmanship that gets to me sometimes. its when i lose in the grand finals of a major and try to go off by myself with a disappointed look and getting that turned around to me being a bad sport. again, sportsmanship is the most important thing. however, these last few events have made me stronger as a person and competitor.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Tom Brady, I met you at ECT3, expecting what some people were saying I thought you were going to be a total douche bag. But they were wrong dude, keep it up.
You inspired me with your one podcast that sticking up for the MK community is what we have to do, and damn am I doing it. Pulling fatalities and going to tournaments is what I'm trying to do as best as I can.

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
I have been following Tom Brady ever since I stumbled upon the videos of the PowerUp 2011 tournament. Tom Brady has my utmost respect for everything he does for the MK community. We need more people like Tom Brady to help elevate the MK scene even higher. Look forward to seeing Tom Brady at Summer Crowns and Beat Downs in VA. Good luck at EVO, Tom.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Tom was truly honest and sincere in these videos, showing a lot of maturity about his feelings after the tourneys he lost, about how he felt about people opinions regarding his performance ...... a true class act guy that did and still do a lot for this game ........ thumbs up :D

Nobody like to lose, but, it's how you face the loss, when happens, that separates men from children, and, Tom seems to be a great person in real life, with a great competitive behaviour and an amazing attitude with MK players. The guy deserves respect and to be recognize as a wonderful MK supporter. Losing or winning Evo, you are the man, Tom !!

XD

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
From the bottom of MY heart:
Thank you Tom.

Im an Irish dude that wants a Tom Brady T-Shirt but sadly I won't get one.
I'll will always support MK.
I will always support Kombat Network.
I will always support Tom Brady.

All the best,
RAZ :en R

Altaire

Noob
havent heard the podcast yet, but...

win or lose, Tom Brady is one of the most electrifying men in digital sports entertainment. It's true, it's true. hehe!

It's just much more hilarious seeing you lose not cause i hate you or anything but the expressions on your face are almost priceless at times! i couldnt stop laughing at wcg. It also made me post on twitter about MK9 the whole day about the massive blowups going on...I probably wouldn't have done it otherwise. Which is a good thing cause it gets ppl talkign about MK even when theres no stream.

Good luck at evo for sure.
Art Sanchez: Even when he's not trolling Brady, he's still trolling Brady!

Anyway, I respect all you've done for the community. I can understand why you're a controversial personality, because you never hesitate to say what you really think, but there's not much you can do about how people react to you. Some people will like you just for that, others will hate you because it's "rude" or "disgusting", so you take the good with the bad. It is what it is.

The first character I went to when I picked up this game was Ermac. I started learning Cyber Subs after that, because I'd been pulling for him since Boon dropped the slightest hint about it when MK9 was first revealed, way back in the day. I didn't even give a second THOUGHT to Sub Zero, who I wrote off as a mediocre character back when I didn't know a damn thing about the game. About a week after the game came out, I came across a podcast that had you as a guest, before I had any idea who the hell you were. You talked about how Subs was the best character in the game, and I thought "What? No fucking way." I went into the lab and gave him an honest effort after that, and within half an hour, I had a new main. I can't remember the last time I was so taken with a character, so instantly.

So, of course, I beat all my friends with Subs. I still didn't really know how to play him, but I was getting results. Then, I can remember watching you play him at Powerup, and I was just blown away. I don't think I blinked for one moment watching that stream, because I was so amazed at how you were ripping it up with him. I definitely remember thinking "Why the hell is he busting out the ice sword so much?" I found out why in short order.

Fast forward to today, and no one still thinks Sub Zero is even close to the best character in the game, but damned if I won't stand by that decision for as long as I play this game. He isn't my main anymore; I recently did some hard thinking on how I was playing the game, and I realized that for how aggressive I am, Cyber Subs was a better fit. Even still, Subs is a very close second, and I still play him heavily because I haven't forgotten how much the character has done for me, and how much I improved when I played him. Really, I have you to thank for that. If you weren't plugging Sub Zero at every given opportunity (up til recently, anyway), I wouldn't have found out how much I love playing as him, and because of that, I made sure I watched as much of your tourney footage as possible. Even then, it doesn't stop there. I can remember writing Noob off as a boring, one-dimensional projectile spam character, solely limited to zoning. I then heard you talk about how he has strong rushdown if you really work for it, and after seeing you play him at Powerup, I was given one hell of a wakeup call. I didn't really get around to picking up Noob for the better part of two months, and somehow, he still manages to be my third best character at this point. Despite being one of the last characters I learned, he's one of the most reliable fallbacks I have, and I wouldn't have picked him up if you hadn't been talking him up on your stream.

I owe these characters to you, man. I wouldn't be playing them like I do if not for you; hell, I probably wouldn't be playing them at all. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a fighting game as much as I enjoy MK9, and truthfully, you've played a pretty big part of that. As far as I'm concerned, the stream monsters could be right about you being the biggest asshole on the planet, for all it matters; I'd STILL be grateful to you for all you've done to help the community.

/rant, but I figured I should represent the "I was a guy who came into this game and didn't know who the fuck Tom Brady was but I started following him and learned a lot" mentality. I know damn well I'm not the only one. Good luck at Evo, and I'm really looking forward to seeing you go back to Subs after it's over.