Kwon

---->----
Thanks alot Tom!

Very interesting.

Much appreciated! :)

I'm a supporter 4 life Tom! :headbang:

zee

Icy
I could really listen to Bill talk all day. Keep doing what you do best, bro. Best of luck at EVO.

"May the Force be with you." :D

This has been bothering me for awhile, how people keep saying you're salty and bitter, you're a bad sport over and over and over no matter what kind of situation you're in. There's having fun with it and crossing the line, calling you names on stream in which I banned last week on the VSM casuals last Thursday. Tom "Great Tournament Great Experience" Brady, Tom "Where's My Aura" Brady type of stuff is all in good fun, it's whatever, but people need to respect you as not just a player, but as a face of the game, a face of MK, and how you promote this game and trying and make it bigger and better in every way you can, and people need to realize this.

The guy isn't programmed, he's human. . . with human emotions. Of course he's going to be little upset at losing when trying to win, who isn't? or doesn't? Technically and mechanically he's one of the most sounds players and fans of the game, I doubt anyone knows more then he does, and he's nice enough to share all of the info with the world, make the most in depth guides around anywhere. . . WHY? To help EVERYONE, he doesn't NEED to do any of it but chooses to, it just baffles me on how anyone could hate you for any reason whatsoever. You tested the game? Cool big deal, being a tester and playing early might have helped you in the first couple, 3, 4, weeks but we're months in now.

I met you at PDP as a complete stranger, just knowing of you and playing you back in Deception. And you told me stuff about some characters that blew my mind, not even knowing me. Why? Because that's who you are. . . and I'll always be behind you, not just for that, but what you do for the game and how you do it.

Ending, and I know you don't take a lot of what these haters say seriously, but it's like anything and everyone else who is in the spotlight for every game, every sport. For some reason a lot of people hold others to impossible expectations and shouldn't. Anyway, brush it off, don't let it get to you so much that you think you have to explain yourself to everyone for everything you do. . .

See you at EVO brotha

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I can't really add much on to what Napalm said. You've done wonders for this community and I'm going to have a real good listen to this.

JrK

Probably Drunk
Mad props. Anyone that can "make it" in this field has my respect. The amount of hurdles (mostly in RL) to clear is crazy.

Just keep having fun.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Tom Brady, While I've never officially introduced myself in person to you(I've tried but you move around so damned quick :bigsmile: ) Ive been at these events where people said you were "Salty" or blown up, and the truth of the matter is that its total bullshit. At ECT3, while your last pool match was really hype, you came out of the match with a smile on your face, even though you got "blown up". You were walking around with a smile on your face Friday at LB too, even after Chris G sent you to losers.

The only time you were remotely "salty" was after losing to Maxter's Cyrax but here's the reality people..I would be ticked off too if i had just lost 5/6s of my total health bar and the rest of my remaining health in basically 1 move. That mean if you get caught with 1 move, you are done. And you know what, even though it had ticked you off a little, it didn't seem like that was really bothering you for long after. It seemed that more of the emotional reaction came from the trolls who I could have only imagined(I was at the venue i could not see the stream chat) said "Tom Brady in 4th? Blown Up", which is really ignorant and flat out disrespectful considering A) The amount of talent in that building and B) The amount you have done for our community.

A loss may be a loss but in the end, you have done something so great for this community that Daigo and the "faces" of other respective games haven't. You have pioneered the competitive MK9 community with your constant contributions such as the STBL show, The Living Guide and other embodiments of your time and effort. You traveling to the east coast this week when you have to travel the following to the biggest tournament in the world is a gift in itself. All I have to say is THANK YOU Tom Brady. And i can only look to the future for the unending support you will deliver to this community. Hold your head high and recognize you are definitely one of the true Elder Gods of our community.

I$AAC

Noob
I haven't seen the BRADYCAST yet, but I've met Brady at CEO and he's been nothing but classy to me and all of the other players there. I mentioned how this was my first offline MK tourney and even told me to keep it up cause I did better than some of the favorite to win that tourney. He also spoke with some of the other FL players and I can speak for them that they also thought that he was a class act. He was also very helpful with any questions we had, which included teaching one of the FL players on how to beat PR Rog with Cage. That was very important for us as a new scene and he could've acted like an elistist and not helped anyone. Howevr, he helped EVERYONE that was willing to listen and I'm grateful for that as well as the rest of the FL scene. Keep doing what you doing Brady and don't let these fools get you down.

Somberness

Lights
I agree that many are taking their comments to an extreme level and I don't like seeing it too. But I want to give some advice, you can take it or leave it. Actually, I think I mentioned part of this previously...

First off, I think that you are straight up the best thing for this community and there is no hate in the following message. But because you are so involved, there are things that you say that can bring on more hate then it would for anyone else. Originally, you had Sub-Zero as a top character, maybe even the best. You even said you had the best Sub-Zero with no bad matchups. By saying that, it gives off a sense of arrogance regardless of how true it is. When you lose with the supposed best character, it is just fueling people to say certain things about you like how you suck or a liar or whatever. I'm just using this as an example as a reason that people want you to lose, maybe out of disagreement with that statement. As far as saying you are salty after losing? A lot of people just say that about anyone who who loses and bats an eyelash the wrong way. It's really just a dumb way to fill the stream chat with images. There is no emoticon for "Tom Brady loses to great competitor", just a salt shaker. Anyway, when you announced that you were switching to Kung Lao, once again you said you were the best with him and he had no matchup problems. This really disheartened me but it is not because I give a damn about Sub-Zero. Rather, it is because it is just setting you up for more of the same as previous tournaments where you can't "win". Even if you win, it would be because you were a tester who's playing the best character. It then becomes a lose-lose situation. Kung Lao was already seen as a problem for the game's overall balance so for the face of MK9 saying what you said, it's just... While you are using him, it's perfect food for people to use against you regardless of how you play. It also makes the game look bad as far as balance is concerned because your words just are that powerful in and out of the scene. If you say it, then it's basically true, just like you said with that patch release example. I'm not going to say it is a wrong decision saying how unbalanced the game is, just bringing it up.

I feel that what has happened has put a lot of unnecessary pressure on you to win at all times and to come up with excuses when you don't. There is always at least an excuse that one person lost because they were outplayed. However, if you say that, it comes back to your previous comments about being the best and the haters will just assume it is a lie. Unfortunately, I am not and never will be in your position so I don't know if my assessment of what is going on is remotely correct or not. I just want a great player to see that there could be a reason for the large amount of negativity, that it's not because they are bad person. I also want that player to have a good time without worrying about what people are going to think win or lose, because I enjoy watching and listening to his commentary when he isn't trying to defend himself.

Matix218

Get over here!
XXZ pretty much summed up what I would guess 90% of the "Brady Haters" are feeling. I like watching TB play by the way and I dont hate on him on streams or on message boards. I even bought his living guide because I respect his knowledge of the game and I want to learn from the best. Its just the way that TB says one thing one day about a certain character or matchup, and then if he gets lit up on a stream he changes what he says the next day regarding the very same character or matchup, thats why I think people get frusterated with him and "hate" on him so much. Either way he is VERY important to the MK scene, possibly more so than any other player so I respect that. Good luck at Evo Tom!

I agree that many are taking their comments to an extreme level and I don't like seeing it too. But I want to give some advice, you can take it or leave it. Actually, I think I mentioned part of this previously...

First off, I think that you are straight up the best thing for this community and there is no hate in the following message. But because you are so involved, there are things that you say that can bring on more hate then it would for anyone else. Originally, you had Sub-Zero as a top character, maybe even the best. You even said you had the best Sub-Zero with no bad matchups. By saying that, it gives off a sense of arrogance regardless of how true it is. When you lose with the supposed best character, it is just fueling people to say certain things about you like how you suck or a liar or whatever. I'm just using this as an example as a reason that people want you to lose, maybe out of disagreement with that statement. As far as saying you are salty after losing? A lot of people just say that about anyone who who loses and bats an eyelash the wrong way. It's really just a dumb way to fill the stream chat with images. There is no emoticon for "Tom Brady loses to great competitor", just a salt shaker. Anyway, when you announced that you were switching to Kung Lao, once again you said you were the best with him and he had no matchup problems. This really disheartened me but it is not because I give a damn about Sub-Zero. Rather, it is because it is just setting you up for more of the same as previous tournaments where you can't "win". Even if you win, it would be because you were a tester who's playing the best character. It then becomes a lose-lose situation. Kung Lao was already seen as a problem for the game's overall balance so for the face of MK9 saying what you said, it's just... While you are using him, it's perfect food for people to use against you regardless of how you play. It also makes the game look bad as far as balance is concerned because your words just are that powerful in and out of the scene. If you say it, then it's basically true, just like you said with that patch release example. I'm not going to say it is a wrong decision saying how unbalanced the game is, just bringing it up.

I feel that what has happened has put a lot of unnecessary pressure on you to win at all times and to come up with excuses when you don't. There is always at least an excuse that one person lost because they were outplayed. However, if you say that, it comes back to your previous comments about being the best and the haters will just assume it is a lie. Unfortunately, I am not and never will be in your position so I don't know if my assessment of what is going on is remotely correct or not. I just want a great player to see that there could be a reason for the large amount of negativity, that it's not because they are bad person. I also want that player to have a good time without worrying about what people are going to think win or lose, because I enjoy watching and listening to his commentary when he isn't trying to defend himself.
me saying the truth about a character being good/the best and their matchup problems or lack there of shouldnt cause any problems. when i said sub didnt have any problems it was mainly based off the beta and retail version 1.0, even in version 1.0 he wasnt much of a tone down as far as overall damage. since then there have been several patches that have changed things about him and given him problems that he didnt have at the time i made that statement.

reptar

Noob
Heart you Tom. There's no one else in ANY community that does what you do for MK. I try and keep up with the S1lent streams, and they're always entertaining and informative. I even kinda stopped playing MK for a little while, but I still keep up with your stuff :D I admit to practicing SF while watching the stream...

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Tom is one of the few players in the FG community that has this big heart. Very few players have this heart. I never seen anyone with a big heart, mind, and a very powerful voice. He is funny. He knows what is talking about. Tom Brady is awesome. And this is kind of embarrassing, but the Bradycast was so good I almost cried. Don't make fun of me. It was that beautiful. I never seen a top level player spill his heart out like that. I need a moment...

Somberness

Lights
me saying the truth about a character being good/the best and their matchup problems or lack there of shouldnt cause any problems. when i said sub didnt have any problems it was mainly based off the beta and retail version 1.0, even in version 1.0 he wasnt much of a tone down as far as overall damage. since then there have been several patches that have changed things about him and given him problems that he didnt have at the time i made that statement.
My reply got eaten but -
Honestly, I was not calling you out for saying that and then changing your mind. I just think that you discussing tiers and then when you are proven wrong or even RIGHT you will receive at least some unjustifiable hate. You want the balance to be better and the game to succeed so it needs to be discussed... but it also leads to the perfect setup for trolls to work with. I actually think that you should discuss tiers, but saying how Kung Lao is godlike and unbeatable will just lead to nothing but bad for you personally as you are using him.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
After a good night of WWE wrestling ( why the hell is Cena champ again? He's fucking hurt! Well at least punk is back.). I just want to add that many other fighting game communities lack people like Tom. I mean I have been with the SC community when Sc4 drop. And let me tell you something. Bitching was their favorite thing to do. They would do it day and night. They never stop. Which led to the death of a really good Sc game in my opinion. But this isn't about Sc. I think everyone understands where I'm coming from.

You don't actually have masses of haters. I doubt even 10% of the people that know of you could be classed as haters. All you have are some faceless douches in stream chats that are impressionable and give in to mob-mentality, probably just for the lulz. I really wouldn't read into it at all.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Nice. I know I might disagree a little on your methods, but your a fantastic tourny player. No one should tell you different. Do what needs to be done, and we'll see you post-Evo with your big check/Trophy/ hell whatever you win at EVO.

Oh ya, please tell NRS that they're doing a great job *So far* :D. I think they need a little pat on the back.

Kombo

Noob
Great post Tom real inspiring. I also want to say thanks for helping me out with my questions. Rooting for you to go all the way at EVO. No matter what the haters say you will always be one of the top MK players.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
Great video, you explained a lot.

You choose whatever character, and good luck at the EVO. I think everyone here wants to see a real MK fan win EVO. Nothing against the likely of Justin Wong (he's godlike in SF and does well in Marvel) , but It sits better with me when an MK guy wins.

Regardless, Tom, you go in knowing you have our full support. We'll be rootin' for ya.

Cew

Noob
You are an inspiration. I can say without a doubt I wouldn't be as hyped about this game if it wasn't for you. As you said, "haters gonna hate." A vacation seems like it may be in order after Evo. :p

Good luck with Evo, and win or lose, I'm looking forward to watching any matches of yours, and everyone else's, that get posted. You don't need to win to be legendary for MK. You're already beyond that.