Bottom 5 Character Project

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
1. Sindel
2. Jade
3. Stryker
4. Nightwolf
5. Sheeva

Although i have played against good people of each character, i still think these are the 5 worst, sheeva being the best out of the bottom 5. The reason i have them listed this way is because i just dont see many good matchups for these characters.

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
1. Jade
2. Sheeva
3. Skarlet
4. Nightwolf
5. Cyber Sub Zero

Not really sure, but I feel like whenever somebody selects those characters they need to work awfully hard to win their match. I could be (and probably am) completely wrong, though.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
It hurts have to do this list, because I see potential in every single MK9 character, but, as someone said, someone has to be in the bottom tier list, meaning not that this position stands forever, nope .... with every discovery, and every tourney participation, the same way the tops are in constant changing, the bottoms can be promoted as well, to higher position.

For now, the Bottom 5 :

1.Sheeva
2.Baraka
3.Quan Chi
4.Jade
5.Stryker

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Pig, you should start tallying this stuff up in the first post.
My bottom 5 in order.

Jade
Stryker
Nightwolf
Baraka
Sindel

DanCock

Cock Master!!
WOW bottom 5 will be much harder to accurately list.. this will take some thought.

FYI piggy you should have did this list the way dave did it.. we do have alot of sensitive people on the forums..

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Actually I'm gonna change my list

1. Jade
2. Stryker
3. Nightwolf
4. Kano
5. Sindel

(changed again in a later post)

ELC

Scrublord McGee
1. Jade (can't do shit without meter, and doesn't build it quickly)
2. Sheeva (basically a slower Cyrax, though she does have some potential with block infinites)
3. Nightwolf (pretty much gets stuffed by D4s, poor normals, but great specials when mixed up right)
4. Man-Sub (anyone who can work around Ice Clone wins, but he's good in some matchups though)
5. Johnny Cage (too easily outzoned, but a monster up-close)

As you can probably guess, Jade is pretty much the only character that I believe isn't tournament viable. It's just I've never had trouble against the other four of my skill level once I knew the matchup.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I love how thus far everyone is kind of apologizing for their bottom 5

No one is saying these characters can't win at any moment cause I don't think there is a bad character other than jade in the game

Although most might disagree but I came up w my list based on 5 characters who do not fare well against perceived top 8 characters in the game

For example at highest level I can't see my 5 beating a top 8 character

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't like how this is done ... because everyone wants to be objective.... but in reality, we are subjective to the mains we play. I also think that there are a couple of "worse" characters and the rest are all about the same, where match ups really determine who is "better".
In any case.

Jade
Stryker
Sindel
Quan Chi
Sheeva

To me, these characters don't control the space they want to control in a majority of their matches, and rely on their players more so than their design.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
5. Cyber Sub-Zero (I don't understand how people become so masterful with him, but many many props to you.)
4. Baraka (He can KILL you in the corner, but he's out-sped by most of the cast.)
3. Sindel (Teleport attacks and proper spacing/Fireball dodging, and she's cooked.)
2. Sheeva (Her hitbox is bigger than Johnny Cage's ego, also suffers from Slow-Itis.)
1. Jade (Too many bad matchups for her not to be #1.)

No way in Bananaphone Hell Stryker and Kano are bottom anything in this game, IMO.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I will tally up the lists tonight and edit in OP

It'll be very much like dave's except I'm making it public first but will edit OP in major way

Also if anyone changes their bottom 5 please let me know in a post but edit ur original post

Don't create a new post w a different bottom 5 that's confusing

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol, I think putting Kano in the bottom, kinda .... insane !! :D

He's way underdeveloped regarding been used in tourneys, he is not totally explored "to the bone" in order to be considered bad character ..... I mean, nobody fully explored him yet, at high level play, in tournaments.

I only saw him being used full time by JT Circus in a couple of times, but, never by others top players in recent tournaments.

It's needed more time and more tournaments to define Kano's tier position in this game

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I love how thus far everyone is kind of apologizing for their bottom 5

No one is saying these characters can't win at any moment cause I don't think there is a bad character other than jade in the game

Although most might disagree but I came up w my list based on 5 characters who do not fare well against perceived top 8 characters in the game

For example at highest level I can't see my 5 beating a top 8 character
In that case isnt kano a bad matchup for kitana? Knifes vs her is literally one of the easiest things to do in the game and when she asses she gets balls. Naturally

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
In that case isnt kano a bad matchup for kitana? Knifes vs her is literally one of the easiest things to do in the game and when she asses she gets balls. Naturally

I consider it 5-5, although that's mostly based on theory and playing mediocre Kano's online. Used to be bad when he had faster knives and she couldn't blow up the up ball on block.

Hey guys I know Im starting WW3 here by doing this but i think we could create a lot of good converation off this subject as well.

Here's mine to start us off

In no way am i saying these characters are NOT tournament viable but SOMEONE has to be bottom 5 and IMO these are the bottom 5.

Ill update as we go

Pig Of The Hut:

1. Jade
2. Kano (Bring it Tom Brady)
3. Baraka
4. Sheeva
5. Sub Zero
uhmm arent you kind of starting a fight with brady by putting his name next to kano but not subzero, just saying

I really don't see why so many people are bagging on stryker;
He's not a bad character at all. I like people to think he's bad because that makes it easier for me to beat top tier characters. :)

imo Stryker is almost as good as Sektor is and a lot of people think Sektor is top 5 or top 10 material. There's only 1 move that makes Sektor a better counter-zoner than Stryker, and that's the teleport uppercut. But gun cancels make Stryker a better overal zoner and mid-range character.

There's just too many good characters in this game and someone has to be bottom. But being bottom doesn't mean you can't win a tournament with that character. Some bottom tier characters can do very well vs top 5 just like a top tier character like Sonya will probably never win a major like EVO because Kabal exists and is kinda popular.

edit: That's why matchup charts are more important than tier lists in fighting games.