What's new

Bottom 5 Character Project

Speaking of which, why hasn't Kano found a home with a top player yet? Isn't supposedly Tom Brady going to be picking him up?

No way in life sub zero (human) should b ein buttom 5 cyber sub is really a terrible char but not human but well here goes my list whit any particular order: Sindel, Baraka, Nightwolf, Jade, Cyber Sub and quick behind those Skarlet and Sheeva. For now Jade is terrible but maybe in a future they can fix her she could be a really good char for mix ups whit the X projectiles, well we need to wait for 1.06 to say that hopefully they patch some chars soon to be competitive aswell.

No way in life sub zero (human) should b ein buttom 5 cyber sub is really a terrible char but not human but well here goes my list whit any particular order: Sindel, Baraka, Nightwolf, Jade, Cyber Sub and quick behind those Skarlet and Sheeva. For now Jade is terrible but maybe in a future they can fix her she could be a really good char for mix ups whit the X projectiles, well we need to wait for 1.06 to say that hopefully they patch some chars soon to be competitive aswell.
There's another patch coming? I thought they were done with messing around with this game.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Speaking of which, why hasn't Kano found a home with a top player yet? Isn't supposedly Tom Brady going to be picking him up?
I'd guess because there's nothing exceptional about him. He's just kind of decent. If you want to zone there's better zoners and he lacks the shenanigans of a Sheeva or Quan Chi.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
were did u acquire this info on a new patch? Or r u refering to 1.06 for counter strike and just trolling every1?

btw skarlet is kinda high tier bro just saying lol

Espio

Kokomo
Stryker is my main and has been as such since MK3, whether he's good or not, he always will be a main for me.

I'm not "bagging" on him and nobody else is either...I've tried out essentially everyone on the roster, he's not the worst but he hovers around bottom ten. He's viable, he has suprisingly good rushdown and pretty good zoning. Bottom five does not necessarily equal horrible and useless.

There has to be a bottom five, it's not a matter of dislike, that's how is is.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
1) Sheeva
2) Kano
3) Sindel
4) Baraka
5) Noob Saibot

I made this top 5 but I don't think these characters are hopeless...they all have lot of potential and can beat any other char, the game feels very balanced imho.

* You guys heavily underestimate Jade....

NariTuba

disMember
my problem with kano is he's monotonous to play... he has some powerful tools to be very annoying in the right hands tho, just like stryker. I choose stryker to be in my bottom 5 over kano because he just feels monotonous AND bland. (no offence vulcan hades, rep that stryker and kick ass! just a matter of taste for me)

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
and when she asses she gets balls. Naturally
Giggidy.
-- -- --
1) Jade : If I didn't know better, I'd swear the poor girl's last name was Hibiki
2) Sheeva : They can buff her fireball as much as they want, doesnt change the fact she moves like shes underwater offline.
Give her a ground stomp cancel like Jax, and fix the stance requirement bullshit to juggle into grab-n-punch
and things may be different.
3) SubZero : The few fights he shines in won't make up for the ones he fails in.
4) Sindel : I understand buffing her damage would easily make her S+ tier, but at the moment she brings pillows to a knife
fight. Until someone gets in the lab and goes nuts w her in a major, all I see is zoning from her a la "Ryan Hart v Cookie"
5) Skarlet : This one is likely bc I have yet to play a good Skarlet online. But from what I can tell she's the Gen of MK9.
And as a Gen player from ae, if your execution isn't on point 110% of the time you get raped. Dagger cancels are nice
and I've read she has damn good pressure, I just have yet to see it.

Espio

Kokomo
Just curious, what does being monotonous and bland have to do with determining tiers?

Kitana and Kabal make it a goal to zone the hell out of you( highly montonous) and they're some of the best in the game.

I$AAC

Noob
Kano gets no love :( looks like I got work to do at Final Round

My Bottom 5 are in NPO:

Jade
Sindel
Sheeva
CSZ (Sorry Pig)
Baraka

I have to admit, this list was hard to come up with then the Top 5 list.

As for kano. I would say he's high mid tier AT BEST. Thing is you can't play him as a straight zoner anymore. He's more of a hybrid character than anything.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
1. Jade (NEEDS meter and has weird normals).
2. Kano (online and flowcharting makes him a bit better though)
3. Sindel (While she has good zoning it isn't as potent since it can't lead to higher damage)
4. Baraka (projectile can be duck blocked and it still whiffs. Normals aren't the best but has good pokes).
5. Quan Chi (only truly effective against people who don't know mixups. Rune trap is a crutch at the highest level).

Then followed by Stryker, Sheeva, CSZ, then Fleshy Sub-Zero.

I was pointing 1.06 i mean if they put out more dlc like jason and the other guy they might re patch the game and I personally think 1 more patch would be needed to fix some online randoms, and some small stuf in general. I was just guessing if they make 1.06 maybe they fix the buttom chars that are really useless, and in my opinion jade got lots of potential if fixed she would be a good anti spammer whit those anti projectile skilles and purple armor just need better wake ups and quicker projectile recovery. I really hope they patch this 1 more time

NariTuba

disMember
Just curious, what does being monotonous and bland have to do with determining tiers?

Kitana and Kabal make it a goal to zone the hell out of you( highly montonous) and they're some of the best in the game.
If you dont understand the subjectivity of tier lists you are taking them too seriously. If Im forced to pick between characters that I consider to be in an even footing, Im gonna pick who I like the best. There´s no scientific rationale possible to make a definitive "bottom 5 characters in the game".

I dont agree Kabal and Kitana are monotonous characters, tho id agree they can be played in a monotonous way.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Quan Chi has a good projectile and I'm not sure what it means that rune trap is a crutch. It's pretty fucking ridiculous.

Espio

Kokomo
I am aware of their subjectivity....your rationale for placing a character lower was far more subjective than anything...they're bland and monotonous was your reason to move someone down. Most tier lists are based on a characters abilties, strengths, and weaknesses, not on how cool they are or how bland they seem.

I'm not missing anthing, I asked what being bland and montonous has to do with tiers and your response was, "well I like them better".

Nobody said it was a science....I was legitimately curious.

I didn't say Kabal and Kitana were monotonous, anybody can be played in a repetitie way, that was just an example.

I guess thanks for answering my question.

Deity

Noob
1. Jade (I tried maining her, but there are too many holes in every aspect of her game.)
The rest is kind of hazy, but imo
2. Sheeva
3.Kano
4.Stryker
5.Baraka
Sorry if the list offends anyone. I know people on this forum tend to be very attached to their characters.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Quan Chi has a good projectile and I'm not sure what it means that rune trap is a crutch. It's pretty fucking ridiculous.
I'm biased most likely since I pick CSZ, but by a crutch I mean that it is his only "ace in the hole". His projectile is pretty good though I do agree with that.

Picking a bottom 5 is hard because every character is interesting in some way or the other.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Oh boy.

1. Jade (I wonder who's gonna top this list)
2. Sindel
aaaaand here is where it get's hard..
3. CSZ
4. Sheeva
5. Baraka

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I just find it humorous that this game is predicated on footsie and spacing at the highest level and I don't think people are taking that into consideration. I think you are simply looking at specials and such rather than who relegates their space.

I also think people take into account their character v. other characters. Which in turn brings about an unfair rationalization of the cast as a whole. The top group of characters mainly are there because they can hold their own in ANY space. High and Mid tier tend to hold down a large area .... and the rest have matches where they hold their area, and matches where they do not.

The difference between the high tier and the low tier... is boiled down to who has to guess and who has to react.

edit: I will point out that I've played online exclusively to this point. So I understand if what I say is taken with a grain of salt. I find it funny that in a game as balanced as this is (where skill normally wins out) we have to have a top/bottom 5 to stroke our ego's.