What's new

Bottom 5 Character Project

Death

Noob
That kizzle guy must be trolling. All the characters he posted arent even in the bottom 10 and kenshi is a top 10 character. Even Liu Kang and Scorpion are pushing top 15....

But i cant believe some people are putting sub-zero bottom 5. Sub-Zero is also pushing top 15 and isn't in the bottom 10.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Woah Sektor bottom 5? He's top 10 imo. I disagree with the rest as well but everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Mine (worst to 5th worst):
Jade, Sheeva, Stryker, Baraka, Nightwolf
NKzero...you completely missed the point of that post. (My actual list was on page 3 or something.)
Ok you weren't the only one.....-_-
My point was to all the people who come up in here and post lol @ (character) and then don't post their bottom 5. And it seems to be people who say lol @ Sindel, jade, sheeva, etc. It seems that they can't think of anyone else who is worst than them...because maybe no character truly sucks and somebody HAS to be in the bottom 5.

NKZero

Noob
NKzero...you completely missed the point of that post. (My actual list was on page 3 or something.)
Ok you weren't the only one.....-_-
My point was to all the people who come up in here and post lol @ (character) and then don't post their bottom 5.
Haha sorry man didn't see any previous posts so I was thinking if u were on crack but I was trying to be respectful :p

REO

Undead
What's your list? Now that I know it doesn't have any of those three, I'm curious.
There is no bottom 5. The characters get so close after the top 10 it's crazy. You would need detailed match up charts to even compile such a thing. And even then, it wouldn't be entirely true depending on the accuracy of data and players opinion. Just seems like a waste of effort.

Remember when Nightwolf and Cyber Sub-Zero were S tier and Jax and Sonya were low tier? So much for that. Give it another 8 months and people will start changing their lists just like they did in the beginning.

While Mr. Mileena has been impressive lately, Sindel is still a mid tier character. She has a fairly large hitbox and no armor moves, and you need defensive options in this game. Even Freddy would not be who he is without EX teleport and the defense NMS provides.
Don't be so quick to come to a conclusion on Sindel by judging Mr. Mileena. While he is very good, he just started focusing on her and is still learning. I can already see the characters potential shaping up to be upper mid.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Are people putting Sub-Zero in bottom five to troll Tom Brady or has shit really decayed that much since I effectively stopped playing this game?

IKizzLE

BloodHound
There is no bottom 5. The characters get so close after the top 10 it's crazy. You would need detailed match up charts to even compile such a thing. And even then, it wouldn't be entirely true depending on the accuracy of data and players opinion. Just seems like a waste of effort.

Remember when Nightwolf and Cyber Sub-Zero were S tier and Jax and Sonya were low tier? So much for that. Give it another 8 months and people will start changing their lists just like they did in the beginning.

Don't be so quick to come to a conclusion on Sindel by judging Mr. Mileena. While he is very good, he just started focusing on her and is still learning. I can already see the characters potential shaping up to be upper mid.
So your pretty much saying why even have this discussion? Why even have this topic when not all the characters have been explored in depth? By the end of 2012, the tier list will change, and I'm sure everyone knows that, but I believe this topic is asking, with your current knowledge and experience, who is your bottom 5? I'm pretty sure everyone else is going off this metric as well.....

- jax, kitana, raiden, kabal,sonya, cyrax, freddy
-Smoke, Shang, cage, sektor,
- scorpion, kung lao, Mileena, Kenshi, quan chi, reptile, liu kang
- ermac, noob, rain, skarlet, sheeva, sindel, cyber sub, jade
- subzero, nightwolf, kano, stryker, baraka

the three middle tiers are incredibly close
l

ELC

Scrublord McGee
So your pretty much saying why even have this discussion? Why even have this topic when not all the characters have been explored in depth? By the end of 2012, the tier list will change, and I'm sure everyone knows that, but I believe this topic is asking, with your current knowledge and experience, who is your bottom 5? I'm pretty sure everyone else is going off this metric as well.....
Pretty much this: you really think anyone would be so stupid to say Johnny Cage couldn't compete? Hell no: but I have him on my bottom 5, along with Sub-Zero, Sheeva, and Nightwolf, because I've had the least amount of trouble fighting those characters piloted by players of my skill level or lower. Doesn't mean someone like Foxy or LordOfTheFly or Boysx3 or TomBrady couldn't body my amateur ass.

Are people putting Sub-Zero in bottom five to troll Tom Brady or has shit really decayed that much since I effectively stopped playing this game?
subzero suffered from all general changes in the game, armor, dash nerf, better anti airs discovered.

his damage got taken away.
he cant get around zoning
hes too slow
reset is gone.
b2 ''reset'' is unusable because of all the armor
clone is not as half as good because of all the armor and invincibility frames.
ex freeze not that good anymore because of airborne freezetime

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Listing a Bottom 5 in this game is soo much harder than a top 5. It's more of, what characters are the least explored instead. But nevertheless...

1. Jade
2. Cyber Sub
(now comes B tier)
3. Noob
4. Baraka
5. Subzero/Stryker

IMO, Jade and Cyber Sub are the only 2 "bad" characters in this game.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
my bottom five..

1. Jade
2. Sindel( needs armor bad)
3. Sub Zero
4. CSZ
5. Baraka

Sheeva isn't bad. She is actually legit.

swag1

EX smash solves all
Which used to be the trend.

My bottom 5:
Sektor
Ermac
Kenshi
Scorpion
Liu Kang

LOL at people who think Sheeva, Jade and Sindel are bottom 5.
-_-
Wow, I think thats pretty ballsy saying those characters are bottom level. Firstly, Sektor's F2 into leg lift gives you a 50/50. He has anti-wakeup flamethrower, a unique homing projectile, instant air teleport with combo on hit (armor on EX wakeup I think, not positive), and a hit confirm into teleport. He can get 40% with one bar. Ermac has a huge damage output, AA lift, TKP keeps good distance and has low/medium vortex off teleport (see thread in forums). Kenshi is underrated IMO, can get in easy by the ground, he has an OTG (at least I think so, not sure if it's patched), tonnes of safe strings, projectile X-Ray, a reflect and a move pretty similar to TKP in spirit charge. Scorpion is high risk, high reward. He has unblockable Hellfire which is good for turtlers. He has best vortex in game, as well as EX teleport on wakeup has armor and has adv. on block. Liu Kang is actually Top 5 I think. He has some of the best rushdown, great low, medium mixups, super fast, insane pressure. His Back 3 1 2 combo is ridiculous. But still, I respect your opinion.

Lol, if you love a character and commit to that character, you can do wonders.
Yes with Jade and Sindel it's harder being that they don't have the tools as top tier chars do. but i don't believe in 0-10 , 1-9 or 2-8 matchups.

worst 2.5-7.5
every character has a fighting chance even against their toughest matchup.
It's your duty to fully explore the characters, and fully come up with strategies and tactics vs individual fighters.

I dropped Jade because I only picked her up to try and prove people wrong. I really had no passion using her, but with Sindel, i do. I've loved sindel since her debut, and I'm trying my best to see what I can do. I do like Sindel vs Sonya and Kano though.

I really don't believe in a "bottom 5" but if I had to list, here would be mine

Sheeva
Jade
Baraka
Sub-Zero
Stryker

REO

Undead
1.) Hitbox Kabal
2.) Auto pilot Kabal
3.) 1337 dash cancelling Kabal
4.) Scrubby fireballing Kabal
5.) X-Ray Kabal

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
1.) Hitbox Kabal
2.) Auto pilot Kabal
3.) 1337 dash cancelling Kabal
4.) Scrubby fireballing Kabal
5.) X-Ray Kabal
I understand your point about lists in general, and I agree.

But if we can drop names on our top 5, then we can try for the bottom 5, which is ultimately more difficult as there are no stand out ''un winnable'' characters, the ''bottom'' characters just lack some fundamental aspects, such as, no armour, small damage with all mid/high hitting strings, safe strings resulting in the same outcomes, rubbish pokes, or slow normals, and terrible meter games.

Ive been on record as saying that no character in this game is bad, they all have the tools to win, they may not all have such excellent tools as Kabal and Cyrax, but they can still win, it's just a little harder in the end.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
worst 2.5-7.5
every character has a fighting chance even against their toughest matchup.
It's your duty to fully explore the characters, and fully come up with strategies and tactics vs individual fighters.
This sums it up perfectly.
In this particular game, there is no character who can't, on his or her player's best day, beat their worst matchup.
Odds of it happening? Not fantastic. But still entirely possible. No pairing that can be, for certain, written off.
Therefore, if that character's player happens to have an absolutely fanfuckingtastic Spongebob Best Day Ever Complete With Theme Song And Blinding Sunlight kind of day and runs the gamut with said characters, the charts are promptly thrown out the window, and this entire maelstrom argument happens again.
But that's the best time. Like now, simply by virture of the Top & Bottom lists.
When there's debate, and fire, and salt, and motivation to become that fellow who gets to pan flute the neematoads away from the Krusty Krab and save Squidward's fucking clarinet recital.
And then the characters became better recieved and better played in turn all around. Cases in point: Sonya, Jax, Shang Tsung, Sektor, the list goes on.

I want to see a Jade win a major so bad.

Just to see how huge a shitstorm it would cause.

:D.

What happened to Sub-Zero? lol

Everyone had him in top 5 or top 10 a few months ago. And now ever since Tom dropped him everyone says he's shit. But he can't be that bad.

Bottom tier is supposed to be characters with almost no good matchups and a whole bunch of 4-6 and 3-7 matches. I don't think Sub and Kano fit in there. At least last time I heard Tom Brady on stream he was saying Kano had almost no bad matchups..

What happened to Sub-Zero? lol

Everyone had him in top 5 or top 10 a few months ago. And now ever since Tom dropped him everyone says he's shit. But he can't be that bad.

Bottom tier is supposed to be characters with almost no good matchups and a whole bunch of 4-6 and 3-7 matches. I don't think Sub and Kano fit in there. At least last time I heard Tom Brady on stream he was saying Kano had almost no bad matchups..
You've forgotten that there are no terribly bad characters. This game is alot more balanced than people make it out to be. This isnt a thread for bottom tier characters, its for the bottom 5. being in the bottom 5 dosent mean your character is bad. Look at Sub zero, you thought hes higher than bottom 5, but upon further evaluation, you can explore the matchups and realize his matchups aren't generally in his favor. Again, this dosent mean hes bad, they are absolutely winnable. You questioning bottom tier characters just proves how balanced this game is.