What's new

Both of Jax and Kano's Tournament Variations Revealed (One of Kitana's)

Thingy

Retired account
MKX didn't balance 90+ variations.
They had 90+ variations and 90% weren't tournament viable at all.

The game isn't out yet man. We have 2 choices here.

We could either A) Complain or B) Theorize

You've chosen A.
That's fine. I don't mind when people have opinions, but don't just angrily mock everyone else for not joining you with your assumptions.
Truth AF.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So this 100% confirms that nrs absolutely did not learn from their past mistakes and again are locking away moves behind non competitive play.. how are people not more pissed off about this.. what a joke
I’ve been pretty vocal that this is a massive mistake. Not only are there only 2 variations, half the characters moves aren’t going to be utilized. If MK11 wasn’t so good meta wise I would just say fuck it and just play player matches. I had a little hope that the “competitive variations” weren’t gonna go by the same rules as the customs and that more moves were gonna be able to be used in a single variation, but there goes that out the window.

This is beyond disappointing. MK11 has so much potential and that potential is realized with kustom variations. At this rate what is even the point in having the kustom variations be even in the game at all?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I’ve been pretty vocal that this is a massive mistake. Not only are there only 2 variations, half the characters moves aren’t going to be utilized. If MK11 wasn’t so good meta wise I would just say fuck it and just play player matches. I had a little hope that the “competitive variations” weren’t gonna go by the same rules as the customs and that more moves were gonna be able to be used in a single variation, but there goes that out the window.

This is beyond disappointing. MK11 has so much potential and that potential is realized with kustom variations. At this rate what is even the point in having the kustom variations be even in the game at all?
I love how people are telling me to stop being a drama queen and just play customizations in casual play.. in a COMPETITIVE Mortal Kombat forum..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So they were able to balance mkx 90+ variations but now it’s just “too hard” gtfo...

Funny how many blind nrs nut riders are here. This is just either A.) lack of preparation or B) plain laziness..
NRS definitely didn't get 90 variations balanced right in MKX. The final version of the game still had plenty of problems with useless variations and some variations being too good.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
You know what the point of them being in the game is lol.

Agilaz

It has begun
Kano's variations look alright tbh. Ripper was how I planned to play him anyway.

Sucks for people who wanted Snakebite but I think a lot of that goes back to this weird idea that short combos or no combo extenders = bad character.

I hope they do indeed add more variations later on, for all characters.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I hope they do indeed add more variations later on, for all characters.
I don't think it's a matter of hope, they've stated that it's definitely happening. Hopefully they deliver the third sooner rather than later, that's my primary concern. I think if they drag their feet on that particular step the game's early life is gonna take a hit. 2 is just too little of the pool available to many characters.

I mean honestly everything about how this game will play out is up in the air; at least concerning ranked play and tournament play. NRS has been mad vague about the variation system and even took us for a ride through the reveals and betas. Can't tell what this game or it's characters are gonna be like until release.