What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Trait throws can branch into another trait... allowing there to be a x1 on two different upgrades

That would look sweet as fuck lol, just switching up his combos however you want. Honestly this is the buff grundy needs to be able to compete with the top tier like Superman and Black Adam:

They need to finally just make it so grundy can have all three of his chains all active at once. I mean like come on, they have the three balls at the bottom of the screen, they COULD make it so like once he does his defense chain he gets the 2X, than once he does the power chain he gets that 2X and the other 2X he already had does not disappear. Than he can do the health chain and have three different 2X all at the bottom of the screen all at the same time and they don't disappear for the rest of the match. grundy needs this. He NEEDS to be able to have all three chains active at once. I swear to god I will main grundy and use him in tournaments from this day forth if they give him this buff..

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That would look sweet as fuck lol, just switching up his combos however you want. Honestly this is the buff grundy needs to be able to compete with the top tier like Superman and Black Adam:

They need to finally just make it so grundy can have all three of his chains all active at once. I mean like come on, they have the three balls at the bottom of the screen, they COULD make it so like once he does his defense chain he gets the 2X, than once he does the power chain he gets that 2X and the other 2X he already had does not disappear. Than he can do the health chain and have three different 2X all at the bottom of the screen all at the same time and they don't disappear for the rest of the match. grundy needs this. He NEEDS to be able to have all three chains active at once. I swear to god I will main grundy and use him in tournaments from this day forth if they give him this buff..
That would be hilarity, but I agree.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
I really just want the mb swamp hands to come out when i press the button, so i could do it early or late like batman and gl.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Do you guys mind if I add your ideas to the original post? Might make it easier for NRS if we had a list of stuff so they don't have to read the whole thread.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
boss grundy needs a bigger hat , real talk
meter build trait
i like dat aa mb idea
d1 should combo into swamp hands and cleaver , im pretty sure it doesnt
112 hit airborn should have less pushback :(
grundy should have a high projectile like he pulls a cleaver from his ass and chucks it at you , just somethin to deal with constant jump backers :oops:

Gruff757

The Gruff
This is what i want

Remove Reset
Trait is no longer clashable at any point (even the intial grab)
Trait throws can branch into another trait... allowing there to be a x1 on two different upgrades
AA throw to have a MB version the ground bounces like his F3
and yes, I would gladly sacrifice the reset in order to have the damn unclashable trait back

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I can agree with the reset going out but he would have to be buffed significantly then. Clashing a trait grab is ONCE in a match. You guys are underestimating the importance of the reset.

Grundy gets great damage WITHOUT the reset. You don't need to take 80% with one bar (and this is coming from a damn Cyrax player)

YOU are underestimating how much clashable trait grab hurts Grundy

Jeffreys

Grundy gets great damage WITHOUT the reset. You don't need to take 80% with one bar (and this is coming from a damn Cyrax player)

YOU are underestimating how much clashable trait grab hurts Grundy
He can only get 80% or more in the corner and that is under special circumstances.

One bar 80 percent? What combo is that.

Clash is once in a match. Is your problem getting in to do damage? Because that shouldn't be the main problem.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
He can only get 80% or more in the corner and that is under special circumstances.
Huh?

Clash is once in a match. Is your problem getting in to do damage? Because that shouldn't be the main problem.

I understand that, and while I don't think clashable trait absolutely destroy's Grundy's game, I would much rather have unclashable trait over the reset seeing as his damage is already amazing.

Grundy is the Cyrax of this game. His 1-bar BnB's are already tops in the game damage wise. You don't need to be greedy. Cyrax doesn't need his resets and neither does Grundy

Jeffreys

Huh?

I understand that, and while I don't think clashable trait absolutely destroy's Grundy's game, I would much rather have unclashable trait over the reset seeing as his damage is already amazing.

Grundy is the Cyrax of this game. His 1-bar BnB's are already tops in the game damage wise. You don't need to be greedy. Cyrax doesn't need his resets and neither does Grundy
I don't mind the reset being gone but don't equate the reset to a one time clashable trait. If NRS were to only change that, then that would be a huge nerf. I am absolutley fine if reset goes but everything or most things in the buffs I suggested should be added to Grundy.

2x on all trait buffs at once would be so broken. Making a few of his sings a bit faster would be tops though. And a faster d1 would be great. I know his D2 is the best in the game but it still gets beat by almost everyones d1.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ForeverKing

I don't mind the reset being gone but don't equate the reset to a one time clashable trait. If NRS were to only change that, then that would be a huge nerf. I am absolutley fine if reset goes but everything or most things in the buffs I suggested should be added to Grundy.

Yeah take away the reset but let me have health chain defense chain and power chain all running at the same time lol

ForeverKing

2x on all trait buffs at once would be so broken. Making a few of his sings a bit faster would be tops though. And a faster d1 would be great. I know his D2 is the best in the game but it still gets beat by almost everyones d1.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Aquaman's d2 is the best in the game, it is faster than grundy's AND reaches higher than grundy's.

But let's be serious here, if grundy had 2x on all of his traits he probably still wouldn't even be top 5 in the game lol. Black Adam and Superman would probably still beat him for free. How could you say that's broken

Crathen

Death is my business
That 3 traits at once should have a timer like 6 seconds after that back to no buffs otherwise that would be op

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4