What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
ALRIGHT THE REAL BUFF GRUNDY NEEDS TO BE VIABLE IS HIS TRAIT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE PARRIED. Im so pissed of when I should be dominating the KF MU and she just parries every punish attempt. Anyone with a parry completely removes the d2xx4 or (mb)4 from grundys game.

Its
Fucking
DUMB

Gruff757

The Gruff
ALRIGHT THE REAL BUFF GRUNDY NEEDS TO BE VIABLE IS HIS TRAIT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE PARRIED. Im so pissed of when I should be dominating the KF MU and she just parries every punish attempt. Anyone with a parry completely removes the d2xx4 or (mb)4 from grundys game.

Its
Fucking
DUMB
bf2/3 works on parries, its all in the reads though so be careful with that

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Doesn't really matter.

Also, fuck Superman.

I'm glad I finally understand Grundy, because I love grapplers.

Was a rough passage but I finally made it!

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Soo.. how do you punish people who just backdash all day? More specifically off of MB walking corpse into the neutral jump setup. Seems like they get a free back dash out or else I'm missing the timing idk. f13 is really bad for catching backdashes, i can usually hit them but too far to followup with anything. Seems like WC and cleaver are my only options when I get a knockdown on back dash spammers.

Soo.. how do you punish people who just backdash all day? More specifically off of MB walking corpse into the neutral jump setup. Seems like they get a free back dash out or else I'm missing the timing idk. f13 is really bad for catching backdashes, i can usually hit them but too far to followup with anything. Seems like WC and cleaver are my only options when I get a knockdown on back dash spammers.
With the exception of black adam and maybe zod f13 should catch all back dashes if you're next to them on the knockdown. Not to mention off the mb wc setup they would have to guess which side if they don't guess right they end up with a forward dash and should eat the j2. Not even sure they can backdash the j2 it should be a meaty hit if you're doing it right.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Guess it's just online, Batmans awful back dash was somehow getting away from everything. I just did raw cleaver and hit him like 4 times in a row because I couldnt manage to get anything else to hit and forgot about WC. I used to use f13 but for some reason only the second hit would hit and I'd be too far for 11 trait grab.

I notice its hard to hit a string off a j2 if you are too low to the ground when doing it. Like neutral jump j2 into 112 on block only comes out if I don't hit the j2 low to the ground.

Guess it's just online, Batmans awful back dash was somehow getting away from everything. I just did raw cleaver and hit him like 4 times in a row because I couldnt manage to get anything else to hit and forgot about WC. I used to use f13 but for some reason only the second hit would hit and I'd be too far for 11 trait grab.

I notice its hard to hit a string off a j2 if you are too low to the ground when doing it. Like neutral jump j2 into 112 on block only comes out if I don't hit the j2 low to the ground.

Oh I've played that guy before. Just let him back dash himself into the corner and then d2 when he jumps out.

DukeofFortuneMan

Some guy with a PS3
Depends on the matchup, but usually a lot when I'm close. d1 trait on block, d1 wait and MB trait to catch them jabbing out, d1 st1 once they've started respecting Grundy some more, d1 walking corpse for lolz.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
so how often would you guys say you use Grundy's d1?
All the time, on hit it grants you free pressure afterwards. Very similar to Lex. I usually look for the hit then do 2 into walking corpse and react from there. Just look at the frame data for d1 on hit and see what moves will come out fast enough for pressure after it.

so how often would you guys say you use Grundy's d1?

Depends on the match. It interupts moves that it shouldn't against some characters. I use it a lot against superman when he does f2,3 breath. If he doesn't do breath it wil interupt his trait mixups or if he does heat zap it beats that and if he does breath it won't come out.

Gruff757

The Gruff
All the time, on hit it grants you free pressure afterwards. Very similar to Lex. I usually look for the hit then do 2 into walking corpse and react from there. Just look at the frame data for d1 on hit and see what moves will come out fast enough for pressure after it.
which is exactly why i asked lol

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
I wish I would have had my recording software up, but last night I got Grundys regular cleaver into a combo. The non MB version. I was so baffled I wasn't for sure if the hits traded or what, so before I go home and do some extensive testing, has anyone ever had this happen before?

Gruff757

The Gruff
I wish I would have had my recording software up, but last night I got Grundys regular cleaver into a combo. The non MB version. I was so baffled I wasn't for sure if the hits traded or what, so before I go home and do some extensive testing, has anyone ever had this happen before?
yeah its a glitch, sometimes a non meterburned move, meterburns without meter

Wtf is this blocked uppercut into grab shit? How am I meant to punish or get away if Grundy can check me with with a D2 before a grab?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
So I should waste meter every time I am next to Grundy? That sounds like a terrible idea.
most people have meter advantage vs grundy thats what ive to deal with as a grundy player , u pushblock then get right back to jumping back all game ;)

I play DS, I like to keep my meter for whiffed gunshots. ;)

So I block the uppercut and jump immediately afterwards, that sounds so risky and read-able.

Sry if I sound a bit angry, but I got caught by it a couple of times and it seemed really dumb.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I play DS, I like to keep my meter for whiffed gunshots. ;)

So I block the uppercut and jump immediately afterwards, that sounds so risky and read-able.

Sry if I sound a bit angry, but I got caught by it a couple of times and it seemed really dumb.
i'm sure if you just set Grundy on record doing d2~trait... you can find other ways out
I know its super hard to use the record feature.... but you'll find a way. I promise.