What's new

Boon tweeting about Rain again!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Rain in MK12? LOL! MK12 will come out in 12 years from now, and features all the MK1 characters again, Mileena and Reptile will be back and if we are lucky Ermac, Sindel and maybe Smoke.

The entire cage family enters the roster again, and so will the two briggs.

The 3D characters that make the main roster are Bo Rai Cho and Kenshi, and probably Quan Chi again.

Maybe Li Mei, another character Ed Boon loves.

Skarlet and Noob will be gone for another 3 games, same with Jade and Kabal.
Getting ahead of the game and complaining about MK12 already. Very proactive of you.

Also, on topic - Rain will be unlockable in MK11. I'm sticking to this theory until I'm proven wrong.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
If you notice im only trolling rain and reptile fans for a reason, because i would never make nonstop threads if kano isnt in mk12, id just move on.
The issue with that argument is that Kano was in MK9, MKX and is now in MK11 as well. And he was in pretty much all the other Mortal Kombat games before.
And yet his place in the universe has been the same in every game. He is there to be Sonya Blades rival. That's what it ultimately always boils down to. And let's be honest here, Sonya Blade on her own isn't as well liked as Mileena or even Kitana is. So Sonya can't even really carry Kano.

So Kano has had many games and many appearances in the stories, yet he hasn't progressed at all. In MK11 he won't get a new perspective either. Mark my words.

Rain as a character has an entirely own place in the MK universe lore. He has his own thing going on, which has nothing to do with most of the other main characters. He has a backstory with a lot of potential and intrigue. There is a lot to be explored, when it comes to Rain. Yet NRS puts time and money into Sonyas bad guy.

And now NRS also puts time and money into a characters like Jacqui Briggs, who has completely failed as an appealing character. There is nothing interesting or intriguing about Jacqui. She has zero potential, but she gets pushed, while Rain ans his fans get laughed at. Same with Kano.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Rain is the purple ninja with water and lightning-based super powers of the MK franchise. You think he's overrated with no character development but you like Taven?
Yes. Taven is a great and very deep character with his own powers. And it’s not that I think Rain has no cd, it’s a fact. They didn’t give him development. He appeared in MKA as a boy who wants power and the same in MKX but he’s made a coward and a joke there too. MKA fought Taven a demigod and MKX Rain was a pussy.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Yes. Taven is a great and very deep character with his own powers. And it’s not that I think Rain has no cd, it’s a fact. They didn’t give him development. He appeared in MKA as a boy who wants power and the same in MKX but he’s made a coward and a joke there too. MKA fought Taven a demigod and MKX Rain was a pussy.
Well, Rain first appeared in UMK3 and has become a classic fighter and a fan favorite for a long time, no matter how much people hate on him. He's part of the colored ninja team and is much more memorable than... Taven, a character who's absolutely forgettable and generic that has only appeared in one freaking game. He's like Mokap, there was absolutely nothing special or memorable about him aesthetically or in his fighting style. Not to mention that the first and only game he appeared was in MK:A, during that 3D era of MK. So... yeah.

DragonofDadashov24

Well, Rain first appeared in UMK3 and has become a classic fighter and a fan favorite for a long time, no matter how much people hate on him. He's part of the colored ninja team and is much more memorable than... Taven, a character who's absolutely forgettable and generic that has only appeared in one freaking game. He's like Mokap, there was absolutely nothing special or memorable about him aesthetically or in his fighting style. Not to mention that the first and only game he appeared was in MK:A, during that 3D era of MK. So... yeah.
Don’t see how this makes Rain better.
As for Taven, that’s all subjective. I don’t find Taven forgettable

DragonofDadashov24

It makes him better because he's more memorable and people talk about him pretty much everywhere, while nobody talks or even cares about Taven. ;)
Um, so what?
He’s still the most overrated ninja out there. Never said Taven was more popular than Rain.
You’re trying to provoke me man, bad try

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I prefer Taven. Daegon was never interesting to me. I hope Takeda's and Kenshi's endings in MKX will turn out to be canon and Daegon will be killed off, leaving Taven to do what he wants afterwards.

Reactions: Zev
I don't get why Boon hates Rain players so much. Just let it die, why add fuel to the fire?

Not going to lie: unless Rain is in the game, and he probably isn't, that's kind of a dick move.
I'd imagine he finds it quite funny, if i was him I'd do the same thing.

It's just a game at the end of the day.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
The issue with that argument is that Kano was in MK9, MKX and is now in MK11 as well. And he was in pretty much all the other Mortal Kombat games before.
And yet his place in the universe has been the same in every game. He is there to be Sonya Blades rival. That's what it ultimately always boils down to. And let's be honest here, Sonya Blade on her own isn't as well liked as Mileena or even Kitana is. So Sonya can't even really carry Kano.

So Kano has had many games and many appearances in the stories, yet he hasn't progressed at all. In MK11 he won't get a new perspective either. Mark my words.

Rain as a character has an entirely own place in the MK universe lore. He has his own thing going on, which has nothing to do with most of the other main characters. He has a backstory with a lot of potential and intrigue. There is a lot to be explored, when it comes to Rain. Yet NRS puts time and money into Sonyas bad guy.

And now NRS also puts time and money into a characters like Jacqui Briggs, who has completely failed as an appealing character. There is nothing interesting or intriguing about Jacqui. She has zero potential, but she gets pushed, while Rain ans his fans get laughed at. Same with Kano.
I am curious where you get your facts.

trufenix

bye felicia
literally no where. it's just an assumption made by the fans that is based an absolutely groundless observation of rain not being in base for the last two games. it's just a rumor based on misinformation and twisted words; a bad game of internet telephone
Also putting characters with vaguely purple colored clothes in menus is an outright troll.