What's new

Boon said 5 characters revealed in Story Trailer. Which 5?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
If they're going to save a new character for DLC like they did with MK9 I would think that'd be Erron Black and Shinnok would be in the original roster. I'm aware of the DLC rumors too though so idk.

Really surprised no Reiko either though, given his role in the comic, unless he's the secret final boss we'd never suspect or something.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
You have to take into account what Boon may be considering as "revealed." Maybe half-second clips don't constitute as a reveal to him and he was referring to Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin, Mileena, and Shinnok.

That's not to say Johnny, Sonya, and Erron aren't playable, but in a different trailer where they're actually confirmed I imagine there'd be a greater emphasis on featuring them as much as the characters listed above.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Erron Black is too cool to be out of this game ..... he must be one of reveals, hehe ..... Mileena is 100% guaranteed, and we have the 3 obvious newcomers from Special Forces .....

If any rumour about bossess being playable has any chance to be true, so, Shinnok will be in too , maybe being a secret unlock option, like Quan Chi was one in MK9.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
You have to take into account what Boon may be considering as "revealed." Maybe half-second clips don't constitute as a reveal to him and he was referring to Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin, Mileena, and Shinnok.

That's not to say Johnny, Sonya, and Erron aren't playable, but in a different trailer where they're actually confirmed I imagine there'd be a greater emphasis on featuring them as much as the characters listed above.
This is what I came in to say.

Stop taking this "5 characters" thing so seriously. There can't be just five playable characters based on what we saw. Lord Boon is playing you all. Either he was straight-up trolling, or he doesn't count the quick flashes of certain characters as "reveals" (more likely).

As far as I'm concerned, the only characters that were technically revealed in this trailer were those guys (Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin, Mileena, Shinnok). The rest are almost definitely in too. Except Sindel. And this isn't me being salty about her killing off half the cast, I genuinely don't believe she has a chance.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
This is what I came in to say.

Stop taking this "5 characters" thing so seriously. There can't be just five playable characters based on what we saw. Lord Boon is playing you all. Either he was straight-up trolling, or he doesn't count the quick flashes of certain characters as "reveals" (more likely).

As far as I'm concerned, the only characters that were technically revealed in this trailer were those guys (Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin, Mileena, Shinnok). The rest are almost definitely in too. Except Sindel. And this isn't me being salty about her killing off half the cast, I genuinely don't believe she has a chance.
Im doubtful on Rain and Baraka too

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Im doubtful on Rain and Baraka too
I'd be extremely surprised if Rain wasn't in based on what we saw. Not stating the reasons why because I'm getting kinda tired of doing so, but I have no idea what to think about Baraka. Mileena hardly has anybody on her side that we know of right now though, which makes me think he may have a chance.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'd be extremely surprised if Rain wasn't in based on what we saw. Not stating the reasons why because I'm getting kinda tired of doing so, but I have no idea what to think about Baraka. Mileena hardly has anybody on her side that we know of right now though, which makes me think he may have a chance.
I Would like him to be in, he was my third main i guess.
But the MK.A attire worries me

I would love to see what they could do with barake, because im stumped about thinking of cool variations for him other than gimicks

trufenix

bye felicia
I should of started with "IIRC" and not use the word "confirm"

could of sworn i seen Boon said it in an interview or on his twitter ages ago, but if im the only one who seen it, the it must be my imagination gone wild again
I think the only thing he's said regarding boss was "fun returning character nobody will see coming" but that was in one of the e3 interviews a year ago. I think someone said (maybe Shaun) there'd be glimpses of the bosses identity in the trailer but that could just be the big obnoxious blood cloud that pops up a couple times.

Shinnok not being playable would be a blow up imo haha, he isn't a super big boss character and he was playable in mk4 when he was a boss (which sets some kind of precedence). I say Cassie's group for sure, shinnok, mileena, prolly err on black and maybe sindel or rain (but they could be dlc give or take). Also I think Johnny cage was in that video, he seems like he could make it as well since he should play a key part in the story since he is Cassie's dad.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Shinnok not being playable would be a blow up imo haha, he isn't a super big boss character and he was playable in mk4 when he was a boss (which sets some kind of precedence). I say Cassie's group for sure, shinnok, mileena, prolly err on black and maybe sindel or rain (but they could be dlc give or take). Also I think Johnny cage was in that video, he seems like he could make it as well since he should play a key part in the story since he is Cassie's dad.
Anyone from a past MK being in story mode and not playable is a blowup imo. Then again they did leave MMH out of injustice so who knows.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
When we asked on twitter Boon said "watch trailer again" lol.

The 4th character shown is Shinnok, the 5th is Erron. But I beat that Mileena will be playable. Rain may be in DLC (again ?) because they worked hard on his suit. :D

Anyone from a past MK being in story mode and not playable is a blowup imo. Then again they did leave MMH out of injustice so who knows.
Yeah that could be the case for rain or sindel. But DLC is always a possibility. I wonder how many guest characters will make it. I have been hearing about spawn, predator, and etc. As candidates

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Hopefully tomorrow theyll announce a stream for Thursday so we'll know for sure. Not having a stream following that trailer would be a blow up......Just show us the new characters at the select screen along with Goro and we'll be happy.