What's new

Boon hints at "LOTS of new characters" for Injustice 2

E

Eldriken

I mean...he can do basically ANYTHING. We are talking about a character that ran away from his problems and lived ON THE MOON AND MADE SICK ASS CLOCKWORK SHIT.
If he were to make it in, I'd love to know the story behind him being on an even keel with the rest of the cast.

E

Eldriken

WOOOOOO Get ready for that aggressive DLC plan! who's ready for multiple $25 packs full of costumes for Batman.
If they were smart, they'd utilize the gear system for DLC costumes and make each one give every character a new set (or sets) of gear just for aesthetic purposes. They'd definitely line their pockets that way. It would make it seem that much more valuable.

trufenix

bye felicia
Where does nrs go from here? The dc universe is vast and infinite.

I couldn't honestly pick. Every character has some insane analog somewhere in the dc universe. I'm hoping for more villains and a plot that doesn't just revolve around batman being better than everyone else.

E

Eldriken

Where does nrs go from here? The dc universe is vast and infinite.

I couldn't honestly pick. Every character has some insane analog somewhere in the dc universe. I'm hoping for more villains and a plot that doesn't just revolve around batman being better than everyone else.
Yep. The sky's the limit. Let's hope they make good use of that fact.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If they were smart, they'd utilize the gear system for DLC costumes and make each one give every character a new set (or sets) of gear just for aesthetic purposes. They'd definitely line their pockets that way. It would make it seem that much more valuable.
That just made me more sad. That opens the door for so much more. Buying gear with attributes (multiple options on how to handle the attribute part), different priced gear (maybe a whole gear economy), character packs but for gear (ew), Lootcrates (definitely see this happening no matter what. They seem to be all the rage nowadays.) You got me on some end is nigh type thinking.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
That just made more sad. That opens the door for so much more. Buying gear with attributes (multiple options on how to handle the attribute part), different priced gear (maybe a whole gear economy), character packs but for gear (ew), Lootcrates (definitely see this happening no matter what. They seem to be all the rage nowadays.) You got me on some end is nigh type thinking.
On the attributes bit, the odds are it will be grossly imbalanced anyway and the gear system will be nothing more than cool customization. NRS already stated there will be a "Purely Aesthetic Gear" mode where the bonuses from the gear don't mean anything.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
On the attributes bit, the odds are it will be grossly imbalanced anyway and the gear system will be nothing more than cool customization. NRS already stated there will be a "Purely Aesthetic Gear" mode where the bonuses from the gear don't mean anything.
I'm grateful there's a tournament mode even though I might not get this game. But I don't believe that should mean the gear mode is just grossly imbalanced. Seems to big of a main thing for NRS to allow that. In the sense of importance I think it's closer to SFxT gem system than say UMvC3 Heroes vs. Heralds mode.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
For returning I really want Deathstroke.

For new I want Lady Shiva, Tim Drake Robin, and Mr. Freeze(who is unlikely because of his C-Team counterpart Captain Cold).

And tbh I don't care what anyone else thinks, I want Sub-Zero. He is the only one I want to play as bad as Batman.

Lokheit

Noob
And tbh I don't care what anyone else thinks, I want Sub-Zero. He is the only one I want to play as bad as Batman.
I don't care about 99% of DC chars so Subbie would be a big selling point for me too.

Unlike many MK characters, Subbie has had many different looks to support the gear system: the armor, the cryo mask, the klassics, the grandmaster look, the shaolin monks one...

E

Eldriken

I wouldn't put too much stock into the attribute system from the gear system not being imbalanced. Unless there's a very small stat range for each affix, there's probably gonna be some dumb shit that stems from it. Luckily it will be optional whether or not there are/are not limitations in place.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I don't care about 99% of DC chars so Subbie would be a big selling point for me too.

Unlike many MK characters, Subbie has had many different looks to support the gear system: the armor, the cryo mask, the klassics, the grandmaster look, the shaolin monks one...
OH CRAP!

The DLC characters would have gear as well, wouldn't they? So finally DLC characters with alternate costumes? I mean they kinda have to give DLC characters just as much gear for balance/fairness online, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a ton of possible alts.

fuck all of that give me Shredder Subbie
Yes please! His MKX and Deception costumes are easily my favorite designs of his. Oh yeah, and they would probably get a DC artist to make a design for him like they did with Scorpion in Injustice 1.

Not to mention you would get to put together your own costume and choose your color palette. MKX body, Deception mask/head, dark blue color palette = YES!

Of course this is assuming that all of this will make it in, but still, I used to not want MK characters in the game but now I wouldn't mind it. Simply because I'll finally get to make my own version of them. One more thing: What if they add a Cyber gear set? And palettes inspired by other characters (like Noob, Scorpion, Sektor, Cyrax, etc)?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I wouldn't put too much stock into the attribute system from the gear system not being imbalanced. Unless there's a very small stat range for each affix, there's probably gonna be some dumb shit that stems from it. Luckily it will be optional whether or not there are/are not limitations in place.
Man, if movement speed is a stat, I will stack nothing else. I really hope they put more effort into this system than just making your numbers biggers. If gear had the same level of effect as say, Diablo, where you can make whole builds around certain pieces of gear, that'd be so awesome.

E

Eldriken

Man, if movement speed is a stat, I will stack nothing else. I really hope they put more effort into this system than just making your numbers biggers. If gear had the same level of effect as say, Diablo, where you can make whole builds around certain pieces of gear, that'd be so awesome.
That's part of my concern. If it's got the affix range and diversity of Diablo and similar ARPGs, there's gonna be stupid shit. Guaranteed. I don't really mind if there is because I can either choose to utilize it or ignore it entirely. But I have a feeling the amount of complaining surrounding it from people who will choose to be in that specific environment is going to be staggering.

However, at the same time, I will love it if the gear system is very extensive because I love, love, LOVE to grind for loot.

Second Saint

That's part of my concern. If it's got the affix range and diversity of Diablo and similar ARPGs, there's gonna be stupid shit. Guaranteed. I don't really mind if there is because I can either choose to utilize it or ignore it entirely. But I have a feeling the amount of complaining surrounding it from people who will choose to be in that specific environment is going to be staggering.

However, at the same time, I will love it if the gear system is very extensive because I love, love, LOVE to grind for loot.
Yeah, I bet there will be tons of complaining, but as an optional, mostly for fun system, it's potentially everything I've ever wanted. And I'm sure that ultimately skill will still matter, even if the whole system is filled with infinites.

E

Eldriken

Yeah, I bet there will be tons of complaining, but as an optional, mostly for fun system, it's potentially everything I've ever wanted. And I'm sure that ultimately skill will still matter, even if the whole system is filled with infinites.
Imagine if there are set bonuses/legendary affixes. Fuck me. I want to go play D3 now.

Second Saint

Imagine if there are set bonuses/legendary affixes. Fuck me. I want to go play D3 now.
God, that would be great. Just crazy stuff like Harley gets legendary guns and she can cancel all her gunshots into each other, Doomsday gets a teleport like Shazam, or Supes' f23 becomes a mid:DOGE

E

Eldriken

God, that would be great. Just crazy stuff like Harley gets legendary guns and she can cancel all her gunshots into each other, Doomsday gets a teleport like Shazam, or Supes' f23 becomes a mid:DOGE
Might as well call it Omega Mode (think SF4) if they're gonna do that. I'd be all for it. The loot hunt and customization would be off the charts. Just if they do this, give us like 10 gear slots to allow us to quickly and easily switch between builds.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
OH CRAP!

The DLC characters would have gear as well, wouldn't they? So finally DLC characters with alternate costumes? I mean they kinda have to give DLC characters just as much gear for balance/fairness online, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a ton of possible alts.

Yes please! His MKX and Deception costumes are easily my favorite designs of his. Oh yeah, and they would probably get a DC artist to make a design for him like they did with Scorpion in Injustice 1.

Not to mention you would get to put together your own costume and choose your color palette. MKX body, Deception mask/head, dark blue color palette = YES!

Of course this is assuming that all of this will make it in, but still, I used to not want MK characters in the game but now I wouldn't mind it. Simply because I'll finally get to make my own version of them. One more thing: What if they add a Cyber gear set? And palettes inspired by other characters (like Noob, Scorpion, Sektor, Cyrax, etc)?
You are making me aroused with these ideas man pls stop

Seriously though, even if the gear for sub was literally just past costumes from loads of different games, I'd be happy. Not only being able to mix and match but to be able to change the colour scheme as well?

I need this game asap.

I don't trust Boon anymore. He said there was gonna be a majority of new characters in MKX and that was a lie. He said there was gonna be a higher female proportion and that was a lie too.