What's new

Boon hints at "LOTS of new characters" for Injustice 2

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As we approach the 3 month marker dry-spell for Injustice 2 news... we know at the point the game is in heavy production and we're only going to get scraps. What I mean by scraps is feeding off of Ed Boon's twitter. When being active on his twitter account, he was asked about new characters and naturally all Ed could say is "Nothing we can announce now. But yes, LOTS of new characters !".

lots.png
Source: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/798218248009502720

The question at this point is... how many characters from the first Injustice will return? Below is a list of all Injustice GAU characters and whether or not they're returning; followed by the NEW characters already announced.

Aquaman (yes)
Ares (NA)
Bane (NA)
Batgirl (NA)
Batman (yes)
Black Adam (NA)
Catwoman (NA)
Cyborg (NA)
Deathsroke (NA)
Doomsday (NA)
Flash (yes)
Green Arrow (NA)
Green Lantern (NA)
Harley Quinn (yes)
Hawkgirl (NA)
Joker (NA)
Killer Frost (NA)
Lex Luthor (NA)
Lobo (NA)
Martian Manhunter (NA)
Nightwing (NA)
Raven (NA)
Shazam (NA)
Sinestro (NA)
Solomon Grundy (NA)
Superman (yes)
Wonder Woman (yes)

Zatanna (NA)
Zod (NA)

NEW
Atrocitus (yes)
Gorilla Grodd (yes)
Supergirl (yes)
Blue Beetle (yes)
Deadshot (yes)

Will we see anymore returning characters w/ Boon saying "LOTS of new characters"?

Attachments

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Although it is very likely Cold and Fate are in the game we still have no confirmation of them being in the game. So just to not spread misinformation maybe changing them to Highly Likely would be better than saying yes. And since inside info/Early spoilers are banned on this site if you do know something we don't know you broke your own rule :p

Espio

Kokomo
I would love for Martian Manhunter, Doomsday and Hawkgirl to return. Since this is a legacy game, I would certainly expect to see more returning characters. I am really hopeful for Vixen to be included in that list of "lots of new characters". In terms of new characters, her and Blue Beetle were at the top of my list for fresh faces and thankfully Jaime has already been confirmed :).

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
My main wish for all characters... NO MORE RECYCLED MOVES. This is something I personally feel SF does a very good job with.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Question, Rorschach, Animal Man, Dr. Fate, Brainiac, Darkseid, Dr Light, Firestorm, Jonah Rex, Red Tornado, Constantine, Mr Terrific, Black Manta and Static Shock [old one] and i'll be happy.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
We'll definitely see the big ones - GL, Cyborg, Joker etc... I'm just hoping a couple of new Titans make it in. And for Nightwing/Zatanna to make a return too.

Zatanna's my favourite female character in the DCU and I would've co-mained her in Inj1 if it wasn't for her awful look.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
The game can have only 6 characters for all I care. As long as Killer Frost is one of them I won't complain.

All this footage of Injustice 2 and not a single character with a slide? This is disgusting. And then they reveal Deadshot and Harely? As if Harley's cartwheel has the elegance, utility and ankle breaking splendor that a slide can offer. Please.

Cartwheels are a bill anyway.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
The game can have only 6 characters for all I care. As long as Killer Frost is one of them I won't complain.

All this footage of Injustice 2 and not a single character with a slide? This is disgusting. And then they reveal Deadshot and Harely? As if Harley's cartwheel has the elegance, utility and ankle breaking splendor that a slide can offer. Please.

Cartwheels are a bill anyway.
Deadshot has a slide

You're better than this Ricky

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
If Doomsday doesn't make it in, but is instead replaced with Swamp Thing, count me in. Even if he doesn't replace him and is still in the game, that would be awesome. He needs to make an appearance in a fighting game already.
Right?! He's my favorite DC character and his spacing tools better be godlike with all them nature powers.