What's new

Question - Kung Jin Bojutsu vs. Shaolin: which is the better variation for high level play (and why?)

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Yeah, 6-4 sub
Klone deals with his best normals, he doesn't just get rid of it the same way D'Vorah and Mileena can. His fireballs practically scream to be slid under. He has eclipse kick as a safe way to armor through Klone but it's a high and costs a bar. Tell me what I'm missing. @C88 Zombieekiler you play both of these characters so what's up with the Grandmaster vs A-List MU?
yea its 6 4 imo too

Parasurama

Dragon
personally think it's match up specific.
bongjutsu against ermac, tarkatan etc
shaolin against kotal and pretty much everone you don't need armor or dmg on
I am getting back into Bojutsu, hit confirming everything helps. I want to know which match ups are favorable for Bojutsu and which for Shaolin? Is there a list like that?

Why Ermac?

What about Takeda?

Only issue is I sometimes think I am in the other variation lol.

Parasurama

Dragon
shaolin is Kung jin's best variation. His space control is outrageous with chakram and low chakram, shaolin lunge covers almost the entire screen and the drop is +, so that leaves for mind games on if you'll do it or not. This variation is his most meter reliant too. And ex chakram/low chakram has a incredibly dumb hurt box where you can be behind king Jin and still get hit by it.
Is it really plus? I saw it asked elsewhere but did not see an answer, how plus can it be? Because that could be really useful. Too bad the hurt box for the ex chakram was changed : (

omooba

fear the moobs
I am getting back into Bojutsu, hit confirming everything helps. I want to know which match ups are favorable for Bojutsu and which for Shaolin? Is there a list like that?

Why Ermac?

What about Takeda?

Only issue is I sometimes think I am in the other variation lol.
for ermac you can't really zone him so shaolin is useless and imo if you can match ermac's dmg or come close the match up is in your favor and since bongjutsu does the most dmg about all of them there you go
can't help with takeda i'm still understanding how broke he is lol. i would go shaolin cus the hardest thing for me with takeda is controlling neutral and shaolin has better neutral soooo yeah

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Jesus christ dude, stop making so many threads. You make a thread a day, and so many of the questions you ask can be answered by basic research. Just stop.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Jesus christ dude, stop making so many threads. You make a thread a day, and so many of the questions you ask can be answered by basic research. Just stop.
1. Don't make threads that often anymore
2, Why do you feel the need to get all angry? Seriously, chill the fuck out.

for ermac you can't really zone him so shaolin is useless and imo if you can match ermac's dmg or come close the match up is in your favor and since bongjutsu does the most dmg about all of them there you go
can't help with takeda i'm still understanding how broke he is lol. i would go shaolin cus the hardest thing for me with takeda is controlling neutral and shaolin has better neutral soooo yeah
I struggle a bit against a good zoner Ermac with Shaolin as I can't advance properly but I at least I use Shaolin DB3 when it is possible. I do not really use chakrams so you are right. When I am in it is party time though. :)

I will learn bongjutsu, too and try him against Ermac, too. Advancing with Bongjutsu against zoner Ermac might be even harder though.

Parasurama

Dragon
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about shaolin db3, d4
I am also talking about that. Can you make an ancestral guide sometime, like strategies and match ups? I like the idea of ancestral. When I play him, I find myself playing like variationless a lot. I like your combo guide but it would be nice to hear from someone line yourself with more experience and insight.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I am also talking about that. Can you make an ancestral guide sometime, like strategies and match ups? I like the idea of ancestral. When I play him, I find myself playing like variationless a lot. I like your combo guide but it would be nice to hear from someone line yourself with more experience and insight.
Match ups? I honestly don't believe ancestral has any winning matchups. I feel he goes even or loses all matchups. I could be wrong but I've yet to come across a character where I feel safer playing ancestral vs my other characters. I might make a guide eventually but I haven't even started on one.

Cashual

1. Don't make threads that often anymore
2, Why do you feel the need to get all angry? Seriously, chill the fuck out.
"Anymore"?....like in the last few days? And, it's just annoying and attention seeking and 90% of your posts are unnecessary and would simply require you to do a minimum amount of digging and investigating. I could sum up the majority of your posts as "who is braindead/top tier/requires low execution, and further more how do I play them that way?". Just lurk more, actually play and lab, and stop creating a thread a day, pretty basic forum etiquette. Can't believe no one else has blown you up previously for this.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
"Anymore"?....like in the last few days? And, it's just annoying and attention seeking and 90% of your posts are unnecessary and would simply require you to do a minimum amount of digging and investigating. I could sum up the majority of your posts as "who is braindead/top tier/requires low execution, and further more how do I play them that way?". Just lurk more, actually play and lab, and stop creating a thread a day, pretty basic forum etiquette. Can't believe no one else has blown you up previously for this.
"A thread a day" Hmm, have not done that in a while.
I'm new to TYM, and didn't know what to bring to General Discussions.
Attention seeking? Hahaha. Yes, I definitely seek for attention on a fucking video game topic website.
No one has "blown me up" for this because they move on with their lives and don't rant on the internet. I just love how you actually care this much.
Have you seen my recent discussion threads? Much less redundant. I started asking in General Discussions more, because someone recommended me to go there for small questions, which I didn't know that's what I should do at the time. Seriously, it's hilarious how you get so angry over the most redundant thing.

Cashual

"A thread a day" Hmm, have not done that in a while.
I'm new to TYM, and didn't know what to bring to General Discussions.
Attention seeking? Hahaha. Yes, I definitely seek for attention on a fucking video game topic website.
No one has "blown me up" for this because they move on with their lives and don't rant on the internet. I just love how you actually care this much.
Have you seen my recent discussion threads? Much less redundant. I started asking in General Discussions more, because someone recommended me to go there for small questions, which I didn't know that's what I should do at the time. Seriously, it's hilarious how you get so angry over the most redundant thing.
it's "hilarious" that you think i'm so angry, obviously you're just super sensitive to any kind of criticism whatsoever. i don't really care, it's just when you see so many repeated topics, from the same person, who could easily find the info they're seeking, it gets old. thicken your skin.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
it's "hilarious" that you think i'm so angry, obviously you're just super sensitive to any kind of criticism whatsoever. i don't really care, it's just when you see so many repeated topics, from the same person, who could easily find the info they're seeking, it gets old. thicken your skin.
Yeah, who else spends their day ranting on TYM forums on a guy who has no experience on this site. It's already been asked POLITELY that I should go do this on General Discussions, which I do now. You're kind of irrelevant now, and don't know why you care so much as to rant.