What's new

General/Other - Bojutsu Bojutsu Kung Jin After-Patch Damage Report (5/14/2015)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Like I stated before the second part I was joking.

The first part tho, ugh. Do you understand how slow Kung Jin is? He gets damage because he only has one string that punishes but its neg on hit and everything else is slow especially now that his b1 is 11 frames. But you nor hardly anybody else sees this. Kung Jin mix-ups are not a threat, he was best character because the damage and he was able to convert on everything. Kung Jin is a lot easier to react to now and his 11 pressure doesn't exist anymore because 11 on block gets punished.
11 frames isn't slow. In fact, anything between 1-20 frames is not slow. None of it is reactable.

Before you say it is, Scorpion's MK9 was 20 and 21 frames and not reactable. Smoke's 15 frame OH was not reactable.

Can we stop calling AT LEAST 11-15 frames slow? Mileena's 30-something frame overhead is slow, not an 11 frame move.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
11 frames isn't slow. In fact, anything between 1-20 frames is not slow. None of it is reactable.

Before you say it is, Scorpion's MK9 was 20 and 21 frames and not reactable. Smoke's 15 frame OH was not reactable.

Can we stop calling AT LEAST 11-15 frames slow? Mileena's 30-something frame overhead is slow, not an 11 frame move.
You can fuzzy the overhead that is 18 frames bro. Idk what to tell you

Rude

No. You can't react to 18 frames no easier than you can react to 15. That's TYM upplay of, "I can dooz it on reaction, bruh." People drastically overestimate their reaction time. 90% of the time you're actually making a read.

If it's fuzziable, no one would have ever been caught by Scorpion's MK9 vortex, but they did.

More often than not, they're blocking low and anticipating the overhead, which isn't the same thing as, "on reaction."

Rude

Now i understand your complaints about the Kung Jin fixes. Due to the negativity of some of your pressure, while the risk of being punished is low, you're worried that you can't maintain the pressure as you could before.

Maybe you were never supposed to. Maybe Kung Jin is supposed to be more about footsies and whiff punishing. If so, I'd say your character is well equipped for it.

Remember, if your stuff outranges your opponents, they have to deal with your space control first before they can get in and go ham. Even then, you have armor if you really need it.

No one wants to see their character changed, so i understand being frustrated, but i think Kung Jin is still good.

FinalBoss_FGC

Now i understand your complaints about the Kung Jin fixes. Due to the negativity of some of your pressure, while the risk of being punished is low, you're worried that you can't maintain the pressure as you could before.

Maybe you were never supposed to. Maybe Kung Jin is supposed to be more about footsies and whiff punishing. If so, I'd say your character is well equipped for it.

Remember, if your stuff outranges your opponents, they have to deal with your space control first before they can get in and go ham. Even then, you have armor if you really need it.

No one wants to see their character changed, so i understand being frustrated, but i think Kung Jin is still good.
Whiff punish with only two moves that are under 10 frames and only one has the range? Lol I mean...honestly there are way too many strings that advance really well to whiff punish. I can backdash and still get hit with the last move. Kung Jin is about wake up pressure and corner carry now. His dive kick is also important for punishing post patch. Has nothing to do with whiff punishing bro

Rude

Whiff punish with only two moves that are under 10 frames and only one has the range? Lol I mean...honestly there are way too many strings that advance really well to whiff punish. I can backdash and still get hit with the last move. Kung Jin is about wake up pressure and corner carry now. His dive kick is also important for punishing post patch. Has nothing to do with whiff punishing bro
I guess. I still think you're overselling the 'weakness' of his pressure. I think Kung Jin is, and will be, fine. You're too focused on the math. Just because a string starts quick and advances forward doesn't mean it recovers fast, too. It's when they're in recovery that you run in and whiff punish. You do that by standing just outside their moves' max range and once it whiffs, go in and do your thing.

This character is still good, man. He's definitely not a shitter.

Rude

Also, I don't think you need MK9 Johnny Cage esque continuous pressure to open people up. Just using the tools you have could be enough. Conditioning is super important.

Look at it this way: Harley Quinn's overhead was hella slow in Injustice. Still, Saltface opened people up all the time, good players, just by conditioning them to think about his other tools and not the overhead.

I'm sure you could do the same with Kung Jin.

FinalBoss_FGC

I guess. I still think you're overselling the 'weakness' of his pressure. I think Kung Jin is, and will be, fine. You're too focused on the math. Just because a string starts quick and advances forward doesn't mean it recovers fast, too. It's when they're in recovery that you run in and whiff punish. You do that by standing just outside their moves' max range and once it whiffs, go in and do your thing.

This character is still good, man. He's definitely not a shitter.
I never said he was a shitter. I say specifically that he is probably still top 5 in the OP.

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
Instant air dive kick is one of the best whiff punishers in the entire game

Rude

I never said he was a shitter. I say specifically that he is probably still top 5 in the OP.
So what's the problem?

This thread is like if you lived at The Ritz Carlton but one day found a wrinkle on your bedsheet and was all, "This wrinkle is horse shit. How dare the staff wrinkle up the bedsheet in my hundreds of dollars a night, five star hotel room that i inexplicably get for free! Unacceptable! Now, if you'll excuse me i will console myself over this travesty by gorging myself at the free, gourmet, all you can eat buffett. Good Day, sir!"

*Slings Golden plated Sash over shoulder. Huffs.*

I don't understand.

Last edited:

FinalBoss_FGC

So what's the problem?

This thread is like if you lived at The Ritz Carlton but one day found a wrinkle on your bedsheet and was all, "This wrinkle is horse shit. How dare the staff wrinkle up the bedsheet in my hundreds of dollars a night, five star hotel room that i inexplicably get for free! Unacceptable!"

I don't understand.
What? Did you read the OP? At all? My issue is now he doesn't have safe pressure like other pressure characters and his damage is now worse than the other pressure characters. They also make it harder for him to deal with his bad MUs.

Rude

What? Did you read the OP? At all? My issue is now he doesn't have safe pressure like other pressure characters and his damage is now worse than the other pressure characters. They also make it harder for him to deal with his bad MUs.
But he's still basically fine. Non if these problems are counterpick worthy, are they?
It's also been mentioned that a lot of characters can't punish his pressure.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Who can honestly launch-punish f+2,4? Raiden? Tempest Kung Lao at a very close range?

Jacqui's b,f+1 does not work. Kano's up ball does not work. Sub Zero's slide does not work.
whats the problem with that... at least almost every character has a -8/-2/0 combo thats safe, yes your right there is no move special or basic that can punish that (that i found) many characters on this game have safe combos, but its not like KJ is able to use that F24 into another mixup combo right after without blocking. if the opponet uses a fast startup combo right after he blocks his F24 he will connect with kung jin. im not seeing where your having a problem. it sounds to me like your having a problem with game mechanics rather than MU

Last edited:

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i think his damage should be nerfed more, because he got very good attack range and if you connect a combo it's just impossible to miss it, i mean dive kick and what follow it.

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
You know what's weird? I genuinely think that the solution to reduce the amount of pointless arguments, rants, and baseless outcries found on TYM is the implementation of a dislike button. Just think about it.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
i can punish it with: reptile, subzero, ermac, mileena, quanchi, and many others with 8 frame start up combos
Sub Zero's slide cannot punish it.

Downplaying is real though (Not directed at anyone in particular, just in general). KJ still has some of the best meterless and metered damage in the game, still has every tool in the game, and still has a safe 50/50. The character can out-footsie the entire cast with little to no effort. His neutral jump and jumping 2 are just stupidly good.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Sub Zero's slide cannot punish it.

Downplaying is real though (Not directed at anyone in particular). KJ still has some of the best meterless and metered damage in the game, still has every tool in the game, and still has a safe 50/50. The character can out-footsie the entire cast with little to no effort. His neutral jump and jumping 2 are just stupidly good.
i changed my post my friend said that on my account and i ran back and edited it.... it doesnt matter that you cant punish it.. he cant string into another combo after you block then retaliate!

this is the normal game mechanics

and his NJP2 is punishable after blocking it.

if you guys had your way with it(nobody in particular) KJ and half the roster would be worth dirt. it seems like people want certain characters nerfed till everyone can over ride them because they refuse to block with their characters.

throw in a D1 or D3 to get the advantage and turn it in your favor

Last edited:

RainMK9

Noob
Playing on it right now and it does not seem bad and what does footsies mean? I'm still new with some terminology

Chris G ancestral is now the god tier way to play KJ?

Ha, it's funny that I'm just now seeing Chris G on the TYM forums.

I got matched into a KotH with him last night. He beat the entire lobby of about 5-6 people playing a different character each time. Made everyone salty as hell lol.

I was unlucky enough to fight his KJ. He's a good part of the reason why I'm attempting to "git gud" with KJ, seeing as I'm maining EB.