What's new

BnB, Max Damage, & Setup Combos Discussion [OLD THREAD. OUT-DATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
So far, me and bit have placed top 16 with her at two very stacked majors. We are aiming for top 8 and better. Anyone care to join?
I wish I could travel, but alas, I cannot.

Either way, I'm rooting for you guys. Make them all kneel before the Ice Queen.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Here is something I used at UFGT with great success. After a regular command grab you get a hard knockdown and dash up slide OTGs. They cannot jump, backdash or do a wakeup attack if timed correctly. With the exception of a wakeup super, which can only be done by pressing 2+3+mb not the regular way. It's weird. So basically you can end a combo with grab and dash up slide is a free check. So then you start doing dash up f+3. They can only get out of that by doing a wakeup attack or blocking. They cannot backdash or jump out. So you can see how good this is. It's a guessing game between taking a 50/50 and doing a likely unsafe wakeup attack. This is why at UFGT I was often ending meterless combos with regular command grab.
I didn't know that it was that hard to wakeup against, but I actually use this a lot.

So do you guys ever use F23? I really like it but it's so damn slow...when do you guys use it? (if at all). Also...do you ever use her command grab outside of combos?
I never use that move however you can use it to beat Raven's wakeups with f2~slide immediately after a sweep (the f2 hits the invincibility frames of the wakeup then the slide goes behind her and hits her out of her wakeup).

I use her command grab after a combo ending in sweep which I can either MB for a 45% combo, or lesser combo ending in another sweep, or normal command grab into another mixup which, as 16bit posted about above is very difficult to wakeup against.

I never use that move however you can use it to beat Raven's wakeups with f2~slide immediately after a sweep (the f2 hits the invincibility frames of the wakeup then the slide goes behind her and hits her out of her wakeup).
So is that like DoublePerfect's video on overcoming wakeups by whiffing a normal linked into a Special? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
So do you guys ever use F23? I really like it but it's so damn slow...when do you guys use it? (if at all). Also...do you ever use her command grab outside of combos?
Beats out a bunch of wake ups if done early as they're getting up. The f2 whiffs, but the 3 overhead stuffs. But I agree with you. It's too slow to just bust out in her neutral game.

KILLA_xGHOST

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't know if I am going to continue entering tournaments or play as Killer Frost.

Someone will place top 8 with her soon though.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I only decided to main Killer Frost at UFGT because she is so good. I wanted to showcase how good she is. I don't have the passion for her that I did for Kitana. It's not the same. It's more strategy than loyalty. So I don't know what I am doing now. Catwoman or Batgirl are possibilities. Or I may end up sticking with KF since I've already invested a lot of time.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I only decided to main Killer Frost at UFGT because she is so good. I wanted to showcase how good she is. I don't have the passion for her that I did for Kitana. It's not the same. It's more strategy than loyalty. So I don't know what I am doing now. Catwoman or Batgirl are possibilities. Or I may end up sticking with KF since I've already invested a lot of time.
Batgirl is sick, but I am sure you could win with Catwoman too especially after the random buff she got.

KF is incredibly good, but a lot of people inside GGA that I talked to were adamant that she had no bad matchups which I argued all weekend long. Black Adam is most certainly bad and Hawkgirl is another one that could be bad, but too early to tell at this point.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Clempotrait1.jpg
I don't know if I am going to continue entering tournaments or play as Killer Frost.

Someone will place top 8 with her soon though.
Don't talk like that Steve...GODDAMMIT, don't you dare talk like that...we need you. You're our only hope.

Ah, see what you did? You done gone and upset Clementine. How could you? You will continue to enter tournament, and that's final. You're more than 8 bit...you're....you're 16bit!!!??!>53

A little different vortex and some nice combos, I don't know if you guys know these combos and techs(scar posted the vortex one)...
Anyway...

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
what what what?! but we need you :)
View attachment 6102

Don't talk like that Steve...GODDAMMIT, don't you dare talk like that...we need you. You're our only hope.

Ah, see what you did? You done gone and upset Clementine. How could you? You will continue to enter tournament, and that's final. You're more than 8 bit...you're....you're 16bit!!!??!>53
GGA 16 Bit with dat expert props fishing swag

The pictorial breakdown of 16 methods of 16 bit props fishing

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Here is something I used at UFGT with great success. After a regular command grab you get a hard knockdown and dash up slide OTGs. They cannot jump, backdash or do a wakeup attack if timed correctly. With the exception of a wakeup super, which can only be done by pressing 2+3+mb not the regular way. It's weird. So basically you can end a combo with grab and dash up slide is a free check. So then you start doing dash up f+3. They can only get out of that by doing a wakeup attack or blocking. They cannot backdash or jump out. So you can see how good this is. It's a guessing game between taking a 50/50 and doing a likely unsafe wakeup attack. This is why at UFGT I was often ending meterless combos with regular command grab.
I tested f+3 about 10x to make sure I wasn't just timing the dash up f+3 wrong after a normal cmd grab and I was able to wakeup each time, but I was not able to do anything about the slide either timed meaty or from a dashup after the setup.

It seems that you can wakeup on the overhead ;_;

I'm a little confused on using 4 in a combo. Is it the case that f113, 4 actually gives more frame advantage than just f113 for some odd reason? Or is it just being thrown in to juice the trait up? I'm slow, so any detailed insight into how this would optimally work is definitely appreciated.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm a little confused on using 4 in a combo. Is it the case that f113, 4 actually gives more frame advantage than just f113 for some odd reason? Or is it just being thrown in to juice the trait up? I'm slow, so any detailed insight into how this would optimally work is definitely appreciated.
Who is using f113~4? We use f112~4 because it has more advantage than f113~daggers and keeps them closer.

I've been using nj2~2 into the 50/50 lately because it is a true mixup that they have to guess. There is no jumping back out or mbf3 or backdash or super they can use to get out if timed properly like they can on the other options.

Standing 2 is +22 and slide = 15f and f3 = 19f.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I tested f+3 about 10x to make sure I wasn't just timing the dash up f+3 wrong after a normal cmd grab and I was able to wakeup each time, but I was not able to do anything about the slide either timed meaty or from a dashup after the setup.

It seems that you can wakeup on the overhead ;_;

That's what I said/meant. You can wakeup f+3 but not slide and if they try to wakeup when you slide they get blown up.

Since f+3 is safe they might as well do a wakeup if they guess f+3. So it's basically a 50/50 between wakeup or not. Very strong in MU like Batman.

Who is using f113~4? We use f112~4 because it has more advantage than f113~daggers and keeps them closer.
Does f112~4 give more advantage than just f112? Or is it just that there is a break there, so why not charge 4? This might be a stupid question, but I see a lot of weird counter-intuitive tech out there that shows up in these games, so I never know.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Does f112~4 give more advantage than just f112? Or is it just that there is a break there, so why not charge 4? This might be a stupid question, but I see a lot of weird counter-intuitive tech out there that shows up in these games, so I never know.
If you let f112 rip, it will hit 4 times instead of 3 and they will fly away from you.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I found a better and more damaging meterless bnb off of b3:

B3, j3, u3x2, 2 slide, u3, 1 iceberg. 45%. It's basically the same variation of he new f3 bnb I found. I've been using this one all night. I just wish her b3 was at least half as good as her f3.

Status
Not open for further replies.