What's new

BnB, Max Damage, & Setup Combos Discussion [OLD THREAD. OUT-DATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck__

Old English Fighter
i'm having trouble landing 22 XX DBF2. Do you guys input each motion of dbf2 or can you do a inward circle. I have been trying half circle back forward to get it. I play on pad.
This is easier when using mk style controls. If you want to swipe with thumb try one of these..

22 xx DB2, then hit F2.

or

22 xx DB2, hold 2 then hit F.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Konqrr and anyone that has had problems with the u3 loop on the corner, It gets a lot easier if you're just outside of the corner (like "1 jump" away) and you have the same opportunities to land a nice combo ending with db2(mb), hopefully with b3 and activating a level transition (I posted the video -38 hits, 72%). I tried and just spending 2 bars, got a 41 hits, 75% combo, on Superman's stage.

Also, can anyone please tell me an easy way to connect d1 into spike (db2)? thanks

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
OK I think I came up with better f3 bnbs. I don't think these were talked about and I haven't seen any frost do em but me. They are damaging too and can end with her reset of choice.

No bar: f3, u3, u3, 2 slide, u3, 1 iceberg (39%)

1 bar: f3, u3, u3, slide, 22 MB Grab, j2, f113 dagger (44%) (39% with f1124 )

2 Bar: f3, u3, u3, 2 slide, u3, 1 MB iceberg, MB Grab, j2, f113 dagger (48%) (44 with f1124).

2 iceberg can be used instead of 1 iceberg, but the timing is hella strict and it only does 1% more damage in the combos.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I've been emo about her damage lately lol.

I like that first one a lot. Easily doable as a tournament BNB.

oh dear god

Just took K Frost online with PS3 for the first time... so much lag I couldnt even get a u3 after a slide

threw my controller across the room and now am just waiting til Game of Thrones comes on

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
oh dear god

Just took K Frost online with PS3 for the first time... so much lag I couldnt even get a u3 after a slide

threw my controller across the room and now am just waiting til Game of Thrones comes on
lol made my day....im notorious for throwing the controller when i get pissed ....out of 6 controllers only 2 work :)

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Has anyone come up with any high damage corner combos without trait activated?
Seeing that nobody got back to me on this post, I decided to mess around a bit with some corner combos.

I really wanted to record them but will only be able to do that and upload on Thursday.

Anyway ... all, no meter and no trait.

Start can either be Ji3/Nj3 or f3 though Ji3 does more damage:

f3, 11, 11, 22~iceberg (between 25 and 35% ... need to confirm)
Ji3, f113~slide, u3, 22~iceberg, d1 (between 40 and 50% ... need to confirm)
Ji3, 1133~slide, u3, 11~iceberg, d1 (40% I think, need to confirm as well)

If you MB the iceberg, you can follow up with lots of different strings, or simply b3 for stage transition where applicable.

I haven't really messed around much with MB iceberg or even command grab as I wanted no meter and no trait combos.

I'll mess around the next two day and see what I can get using meter and trait. :)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Lately, if I feel like I am having trouble getting the 2 u3's to connect after a f3 I have just been ending f3 with slide u3 22 grab MB to keep the 50-50 going and to squeeze out a bit more damage instead of just 1 u3. Anyone else doing this?

tax

Noob
Lately, if I feel like I am having trouble getting the 2 u3's to connect after a f3 I have just been ending f3 with slide u3 22 grab MB to keep the 50-50 going and to squeeze out a bit more damage instead of just 1 u3. Anyone else doing this?
i do think pretty much all the time; the slide sets you up perfectly for u3 and the dmg diff/meter gain is negligible. but i might do 2 u3's instead if it will corner my opponent (since it switches sides).

PlaHoY

Noob
My Favorite bnb after Ji3, can be done well in online

Ji3, slide, u3, u3, 1 (or 2 but timing is small harder)~iceberg (38-39%)

And meter burn;
Ji3, slide, u3, u3, 1 (or 2)~ MB iceberg, b3 ~ than slide (for trait), daggers (for zone) or Iceberg (46-47%)

Sorry if this combo anyone wrote early.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yea it can be tough, but I always go for the double u3 after f3. She can still slide and connect another u3 after the double u3, and still land her reset if she has two bars. If she has one bar, I either do double u3 -> 22 MB GRAB or double u3, slide, 22 MB grab.

If the connection is bad online, I almost never go for double u3. I'll just play it safe with a single u3

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yea it can be tough, but I always go for the double u3 after f3. She can still slide and connect another u3 after the double u3, and still land her reset if she has two bars. If she has one bar, I either do double u3 -> 22 MB GRAB or double u3, slide, 22 MB grab.

If the connection is bad online, I almost never go for double u3. I'll just play it safe with a single u3
yeah, I haven't played offline with my scene in a few weeks so after a f3 I have pretty much switched to f3 slide u3 22 grab MB ender

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Been in practice trying to see if ANY move will come out after a blocked Batman J2, let alone 111, will no avail. All his strings just continue after the block. I'm guessing you mean blocking his J2 AND whatever string he does? Also, how about a blocked J2 followed by another jumping J2 for those online Batmans who hop all around the place for free cross ups?
I can't do it anymore either... shadow nerf?

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So I got around to recording the combos that I mentioned earlier.

Here are the vids to demonstrate and the stage transitions if you use an MB iceberg:

Stage transition:

Stage transition:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
As a new brother in Killer Frost...I'm not entirely sure if this was mentioned before, but since I'm still learning her...these are some combos I use to avoid stage transitions/keeping my opponent in the corner. They are mostly for spice/flashy/ sex appeal...but hey...gotta have style!

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
As a new brother in Killer Frost...I'm not entirely sure if this was mentioned before, but since I'm still learning her...these are some combos I use to avoid stage transitions/keeping my opponent in the corner. They are mostly for spice/flashy/ sex appeal...but hey...gotta have style!
Welcome to the brotherhood, comrade. I noticed your introduction into Frostology with the Batgirl match videos. It stands to be mentioned that I, like many of our brothers in cool, didn't choose the Frost lyfe; the Frost lyfe chose us.

Nice combos. They're actually more practical than you'd think, though online maybe be a different story. Pig of the Hut is pretty much the only top player who's yet to face my Frost, however we've been eluding to our inevitable bout. While some would argue that Frost isn't Black Adam, Superman etc. tier, I've faced PL,Jailhouse, Forever King, the CD brothers with the exception of Maxter, and a bunch of TYM regulars. I'm undefeated against a few of them, and well, I'd have to say it's due to Frost. Learn her from the wisdom of our fellow board members above, and believe me, Mr. Fia, you won't look back....unless you're paired against Hawkgirl. She's the anti Frost for various reasons.

A Frost player needs to take home a trophy. Maybe it'll be you, my son...

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Welcome to the brotherhood, comrade. I noticed your introduction into Frostology with the Batgirl match videos. It stands to be mentioned that I, like many of our brothers in cool, didn't choose the Frost lyfe; the Frost lyfe chose us.

Nice combos. They're actually more practical than you'd think, though online maybe be a different story. Pig of the Hut is pretty much the only top player who's yet to face my Frost, however we've been eluding to our inevitable bout. While some would argue that Frost isn't Black Adam, Superman etc. tier, I've faced PL,Jailhouse, Forever King, the CD brothers with the exception of Maxter, and a bunch of TYM regulars. I'm undefeated against a few of them, and well, I'd have to say it's due to Frost. Learn her from the wisdom of our fellow board members above, and believe me, Mr. Fia, you won't look back....unless you're paired against Hawkgirl. She's the anti Frost for various reasons.

A Frost player needs to take home a trophy. Maybe it'll be you, my son...
I love you. And I actually main HawkGirl...so I know how Frost players feel. It's gangsta being frost...or better yet...mafia. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.