What's new

Bnb combos?

can someone post 2-3 nightwolf's bnb combos?
i usually go for F 3,1 ,hatchet,hatchet,dash 1 ,hatchet,shoulder,is that ok?

If you are having a hard time landing that consistently do f31hatchet, hatchet, b+2 choke. Easy 30% and it leaves them close enough to cross them up.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
If you are having a hard time landing that consistently do f31hatchet, hatchet, b+2 choke. Easy 30% and it leaves them close enough to cross them up.
I wouldn't go the easy route if I were you. The combo is simple once you get the dashing down. Why give up when the point of learning is to learn the best possible tools given from the character? With my combo, its a 37-39%, and it pushes your opponent 1/4th of the screen, if not somewhat 2/4th.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I wouldn't go the easy route if I were you. The combo is simple once you get the dashing down. Why give up when the point of learning is to learn the best possible tools given from the character? With my combo, its a 37-39%, and it pushes your opponent 1/4th of the screen, if not somewhat 2/4th.
I agree. This game is all about capitalizing on mistakes. If you can take off 40 vs 30%, you have to do it. I can say it was very frustrating to learn but when you DO learn the timing, it's very rewarding.

Best combo IMO:

Hatchet, B2, Hatchet (right after you input B2, hatchet, IMMEDIATELY start dashing), Dash 1, dash 1, 122Shoulder. I've tried to come up with "lazy" combos myself, but when I started hitting this more often, I felt if I was doing anything else, I was cheating NW's potential.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Best combo that is lazy and "without risk easy" is anything into hatchet, b2 eh hatchet, b2 choke or eh choke.

It's up to 47% with eh choke and up to 44% with reg choke. That is best to me.

With all the meter I can build on chip damage, I always have meter to burn. Why use xray when you can punish with so much damage.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Best combo that is lazy and "without risk easy" is anything into hatchet, b2 eh hatchet, b2 choke or eh choke.

It's up to 47% with eh choke and up to 44% with reg choke. That is best to me.

With all the meter I can build on chip damage, I always have meter to burn. Why use xray when you can punish with so much damage.
A few things I feel are bad about your combo, just my opinion.

1, You're wasting meter on combos, I rarely use meter UNLESS:
A,I get first hit
B, My opponent won't be able to build enough meter to breaker
C, I'm about to win.

Why waste two bars on something you can do just barely 3-4% under without meter? A bnb shoulder never consist of using any meter at all.

Edit:
Also, they're certain matches where you won't be able to build meter off from "chip". For example, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sub Zero.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Because you won't be able to get in or if you do, you have to take a huge guess. Johnny Cage's optimal range is right in your face, where Nightwolf lacks completely. A GOOD Sub Zero will always space himself so he will never be in the 1 character distance that Nightwolf likes. Don't forget about the ice clone. While Raiden can do his teleport shenanigans, and super man through shoulders.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
ok i understand your view. then dont do the eh choke and have 44%...no big deal. its just one bar of meter and I always seem to have meter. If i dont have meter I do this...

anything into axe, b2 axe, dash 1 dash 122 shoulder for 40-41%. its just a ton harder and almost impossible to do consistently online. offline its great.

and your not the onle good night wolf player around, your logic is good to pick apart my combos but you know you will use it. maybe I should mentor you ;)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
and another thing...just because you can't get chip doesn't mean you cant build meter...you just do it in other ways and patiently

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
lets also not argue what a bnb is and isn't...i go for max damage while saving meter...i just know that getting 8-10% extra with one bar of meter is worth it to me.

Both points are valid. NW's dash 1, dash 1, 122shoulder is, on paper, his best Bnb option. However I also agree that combo is hella retarded when it comes to playing online. The first dash 1 misses 9o% of the time in anything less than a perfect connection. Consistancy and proper execution also play a part in combo choice, right? So... If I have an option to spend 1 bar (NW's X-ray blows anyway) to get a GUARENTEED 40% + against that scorpion spammer who live's deep in the fucking Ukrain you bet your ass I will. That said... I would like to reiterate that his METERLESS dash 1, dash 1 etc... is his best Bnb option. Just remember YOUR options. If you're an online player you might have to revise your combo's or stop playing people from the United Lagfuck. If you play ofline there is no excuse if you plan to win. Learn the combo.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
anything into axe, b2 axe, dash 1 dash 122 shoulder for 40-41%

this is a higher damage combo that is just as easy to hit offline IMO. I use this as my bnb when not burning meter

^ This.

If I'm getting frustrated by connecting the B+2 Hatchet (i.e. lag), I'll do some Hatchet, Hatchet strings instead. My favorite is:

(string of choice) xx Hatchet, Hatchet, Dash, 1, 1 xx Bow, Shoulder Charge. 33% without jump-in. Add E moves to taste.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
What daihuu (and any player that takes this game seriously) means by BnB is offline combos that you can hit in a tournament and should be your staple. Nobody takes online wins/losses seriously. Right now in tourneys, I do J1, B22, Hatchetx2, dash 1x3, dash 122 shoulder for 39%. Yet, I need to work on the other combo for 41% cause it does make a difference.

Lordofthefly: It's not a contest about who's the better NW player. Daihuu has proven to be right about a lot of things he's speaking about w/NW. It doesn't even matter if he's a good or bad player (and from what I hear, he's a very good player). The point is, he contributes a lot and there's no need to be disrespectful

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
ok i understand your view. then dont do the eh choke and have 44%...no big deal. its just one bar of meter and I always seem to have meter. If i dont have meter I do this...

anything into axe, b2 axe, dash 1 dash 122 shoulder for 40-41%. its just a ton harder and almost impossible to do consistently online. offline its great.

and your not the onle good night wolf player around, your logic is good to pick apart my combos but you know you will use it. maybe I should mentor you ;)
Actually I won't use your combos at all. As your putting additional numbers into your combo to make it seem like it does more. When in reality you're adding jump in punches before the hatchet, so you are ticking on 3-5% that shouldn't be there. You are not always going to land that jump in punch. Also to come off in a cocky state like that is pretty rude as a player. I have never said I was the only good night wolf player did I? I would take the bait and start saying shit back. But this is for the sake of the other night wolf players. Not my own. You have your own points, and I have mine, and to say that is an insult to me, mostly because I work my ass off to help the Night Wolf community strive to become the tournament threat it should be, and for what you said, you lose my respect. That is all I have to say. Also, do not bring online into your argument. Online is invalid at the moment.

SZSR

Noob
Actually I won't use your combos at all. As your putting additional numbers into your combo to make it seem like it does more. When in reality you're adding jump in punches before the hatchet, so you are ticking on 3-5% that shouldn't be there. You are not always going to land that jump in punch. Also to come off in a cocky state like that is pretty rude as a player. I have never said I was the only good night wolf player did I? I would take the bait and start saying shit back. But this is for the sake of the other night wolf players. Not my own. You have your own points, and I have mine, and to say that is an insult to me, mostly because I work my ass off to help the Night Wolf community strive to become the tournament threat it should be, and for what you said, you lose my respect. That is all I have to say. Also, do not bring online into your argument. Online is invalid at the moment.
LordoftheFly is a pretty good player all around. While i'm not saying you're a bad player, it would behoove you to take his advice (and maybe find some way to implement his bnbs), even if you don't agree with it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
thats ok..i dont need your respect. I use my bnb and still do more damage WITHOUT the jump in punch then yours does WITH the jump punch. so by all means stick to your bnb. I was posting my bnb combos that do massive damage and are easy to land...I think that is helping the community. but for you to come on here and discredit my combos because your the "alpha wolf" (as your avatar states), is pretty low. remember you discredited me first...turn around is fair play

So I have listed two great combos that do more damage than any combo listed with less than or equal to difficulty. so bite me dude. You guys can see my nightwolf in the live stream at the southern kombat tournament. Maybe some of you will be there. I hope so. if you live in the south east you should consider coming.

go to one of the links below look up info and you can pm me or pigofthehut for stream info.

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?8150-Southern-Kombat-MK9-Tournament-Atlanta-GA-June-18th-2011-11am
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5270-Southern-Kombat-MK9-Tournament-Atlanta-GA-June-18th-2011-11am

-PCE

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
in fact i need some practice with nightwolf...why dont we get some matches in online just for fun? I'll add your gamer tag...Mine is the exact same as my name on here. make some space on your fl for me

I always respect good players even if they are douches on a website...lol

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
thats ok..i dont need your respect. I use my bnb and still do more damage WITHOUT the jump in punch then yours does WITH the jump punch. so by all means stick to your bnb. I was posting my bnb combos that do massive damage and are easy to land...I think that is helping the community. but for you to come on here and discredit my combos because your the "alpha wolf" (as your avatar states), is pretty low. remember you discredited me first...turn around is fair play

So I have listed two great combos that do more damage than any combo listed with less than or equal to difficulty. so bite me dude. You guys can see my nightwolf in the live stream at the southern kombat tournament. Maybe some of you will be there. I hope so. if you live in the south east you should consider coming.

go to one of the links below look up info and you can pm me or pigofthehut for stream info.

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?8150-Southern-Kombat-MK9-Tournament-Atlanta-GA-June-18th-2011-11am
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5270-Southern-Kombat-MK9-Tournament-Atlanta-GA-June-18th-2011-11am

-PCE
Okay, you're putting shit into my mouth. I never discredited your combo UNTIL you started saying shit. I just pointed out things in a friendly matter, and you had to start the unfriendly talk, so get that straighten out first.

Second, it's just an avatar. Why would you bring that into an argument in the first place? I'm talking this man to man, using excuses like OH YOUR AVATAR SAYS BLAH BLAH BLAH is pretty ridiculous. I'm not doing it because of some stupid avatar shit, I'm doing it because I see no point in your combo. Simple, derp.

Third, how was I a douchebag? You were the one that STARTED this whole thing in the first place. Like I said before, I didn't say shit until you said shit. I gave an opinion out, and somehow took it the wrong way and had to insult me. So it's cool, you can pretend that you didn't start this whole mess in the first place. It's obvious my opinions were discrediting you completely. When they were actually questions regarding to why you would do those.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
It's a lie. DaiHuu sent out a mass PM to everybody that posts here that is he the alpha male and we all have to obey him

I'm bored at work, as you all can tell