What's new

Black Manta Speculation?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Looks equally as likely to be part of a super animation as a stage transition. And the fact that it's lumped in with the portion of the trailer showing the rest of the supers has me leaning toward that. Literally anything could occur prior to what we see to cause that Irish whip to clothesline effect. We'll find out soon enough but my bet is he's in.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think if he was playable, that would be a really weird way to announce him. I do think that footage is from a transition, but like @shaowebb said, that doesn't mean he can't be dlc later on.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think if he was playable, that would be a really weird way to announce him. I do think that footage is from a transition, but like @shaowebb said, that doesn't mean he can't be dlc later on.

Exactly though. It wasn't an announcement at all but a little tease bound to make us speculate exactly as have been, and we all know Boon loves trolling the shit out of us. If he really was in, what better way to make us tear our hair out trying to figure it out?

Was he in a transition before becoming playable? I can not even remember now.. transitions sucked so badly and most players after a while never used them. It is a completely lame casual game design choice.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Was he in a transition before becoming playable? I can not even remember now.. transitions sucked so badly and most players after a while never used them. It is a completely lame casual game design choice.
He was in a stage background, to be fair, not a transition. But if they made that happen they could surely do the same for transition characters, I'd imagine.

KCJ506

Noob
I'll be disappointed if Black Manta is just a stage transition. After not having any of his villains in the first game, Aquaman should get at least get one that's playable here. And it really should be his arch nemesis before any others.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
When MKX was first revealed Kotal was only shown as part of a fatality montage. It's perfectly reasonable that his inclusion in the trailer was just a tease for more to come.

Not saying whether I personally believe he's in or not, just referring to the fact that NRS has used a "montage" to introduce a character in the past.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Upon review, I do think it is more likely to be a transition, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. Doomsday was first shown being a background interactable in the fortress of soltitude and was formally anounced to be in the game much later.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Would it be cool if this was a special unlock underwater stage for them two?
Just imagine epic music in the background. Grand finals. Black Manta vs Aquaman. Underwater cinematics. The in game battle chatter amoung themselves. Battle to the death!

Tears of overhype joy!

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Upon review, I do think it is more likely to be a transition, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. Doomsday was first shown being a background interactable in the fortress of soltitude and was formally anounced to be in the game much later.
Being in the stage background is different from being in the stage transition because there he is a part of it and interacts with the player, and in the background Doomsday just stood there. They can erase a character from a background but can't do the same with one interacting with the player. This is my view on this subject .

loogie

Noob
Why? He was shown off quickly in a trailer and people are wondering whether he will be actually playable or is just a stage transition because the trailer hasn't made it clear yet. There's nothing 'laughable' about that.
because it's still only a trailer about a game that is one year away from launch

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Why? He was shown off quickly in a trailer and people are wondering whether he will be actually playable or is just a stage transition because the trailer hasn't made it clear yet. There's nothing 'laughable' about that.
What's laughable is that people are saying it's 100% stage transition. There were some stage transitions where both characters were on screen, like Batman's elevator. Although i think it is more likely a super