What's new

Black Adam Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does that would be really good now that black magic gives us a free b3
They did say in his breakdown that why fix what's not broken so he is pretty much more or less the same just few things tweaked for improvements like I said I have high hopes for him now especially with his new string it has superman original before patch in inj1 f23 speed and reach which is amazing

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Gonna have to agree with usedcarmang. He was talking about his optimal damage which was very good meterless damage. A lot of less execution heavy players would mb the cloud since it was easier than jump 1 to dk to ender. Before the Big Nerf, his backdash made him amazing.

Time will tell, but he needs really good meterless damage to make up for the fact he had no mixup game. If he still shines as a whiff punisher, he'll hopefully still be decent.

Gonna have to agree with usedcarmang. He was talking about his optimal damage which was very good meterless damage. A lot of less execution heavy players would mb the cloud since it was easier than jump 1 to dk to ender. Before the Big Nerf, his backdash made him amazing.

Time will tell, but he needs really good meterless damage to make up for the fact he had no mixup game. If he still shines as a whiff punisher, he'll hopefully still be decent.
From the looks of it he gets like 46% meterless or just in general very good damage (from some guys tweets and the gga dizzy vs 16bit on stream video)

I honestly hardly ever meter burned black magic I could combo without doing that I also like I said he was right about that combo I also use it and it does do alot but either way he looks very solid especially in that video I posted he can meter burn dive kick then dive kick and execute his new combo string hit trait then attack again that is amazing

Anyway, i fear that black adam will suffer in tgis game if all they did was give him a new string and nerfed DK.

Damage was never an issue with black adam. He always had substantial damage unless he was without trait and meter.

Since he doesnt have 50/50s other than sweep im not sure what hes going to abuse. They even changed his b23 string on block from what i heard so he jumps every time now. No idea what that entails, but its probably dodo on block now.

If his low lightning antiairs again that will make him way better. If his trait recharges more quickly that will make him deadly with that new string.

Right now im wondering what the angle is until i actually can get my hands on him

Anyway, i fear that black adam will suffer in tgis game if all they did was give him a new string and nerfed DK.

Damage was never an issue with black adam. He always had substantial damage unless he was without trait and meter.

Since he doesnt have 50/50s other than sweep im not sure what hes going to abuse. They even changed his b23 string on block from what i heard so he jumps every time now. No idea what that entails, but its probably dodo on block now.

If his low lightning antiairs again that will make him way better. If his trait recharges more quickly that will make him deadly with that new string.

Right now im wondering what the angle is until i actually can get my hands on him
From what I saw in his breakdown his triat take 9 to 10 seconds to recharge

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Lol I told myself I was going to main Scarecrow or Starefire if they were ever confirmed for this game, but deep down I really want to play my boy Black Adam! After seeing his breakdown on stream he is the one I am itching to try out.

Ok so I just watched a video Pig of the hut posted on youtube of him playing Dr.Fate against a black adam player who was pretty decent from watching their matches that was a decent amount I learned a few things about Adam.1 his new combo string has ridiculous range and speed literally you can punish most moves from a netural distance I say even a bit of mid range or just get in with pressure this gives Adam much better options for footsies/mind games cause the moves literally gets him in. 2 I notice that dive kick if you hit the opponent in the air Adam can use his new string to hit them before they touch the floor allowing a pretty high damage punish cause you can go into the first two punches hit trait then either finish the combo or do back 23/follow up input. 3 you can now do ex meter burn kick jump do a regular dive kick and use his new string cancel first 2 punches into trait then do the string again for a massive damage most his combos were doing about 485/530+ damage range that is amazing.4 thing I notice is his low lightning strike can anti air opponents who try to jump forward the lightning can hit them before they touch the floor same as black magic.5 having his orbs do unblockable damage is fantastic cause as I recall in inj1 they did mid and you could clash I believe if they hit you now that won't be a issue I also glad to see down 1 into lightning storm is still there and still safe/fast!!!

Last edited:
Overall Adam definitely looks like a top 10 contender with his overall gameplay his new pressure high damage most his moves are safe zoning is about the same as in inj1 except low lightning looks a bit faster not much just a bit

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
After watching SonicBoomBrad and Pig play, i'm sold. Alongside Bane, Black Adam is gonna be my day 1 character. The new string, the dive kicks, the stomp on the back after B23, it's beautiful.

After watching SonicBoomBrad and Pig play, i'm sold. Alongside Bane, Black Adam is gonna be my day 1 character. The new string, the dive kicks, the stomp on the back after B23, it's beautiful.
Yeah I saw that too, only thing now is seeing them divekick crossups, if they're still in he's definitely gonna be my main day 1.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Exactly that shit is hella legit makes is a useful resource when doing combos
Don't understand why you keep coming back to this, b3 after black magic was almost never optimal and definitely not a "good resource" for combos and damage. f123 is definitely good but you are babbling so much nonsense. Also, anyone who thinks IGAU1 dive kick was just "a tool to get in on zoners" is absolutely bananas.

i can see Adam being good if he can abuse his new advancing string into trait if he gets some kind of mixup
then he just lames it out until he gets trait again. kinda like zod in IGAU

trait seems to come back decently fast

Status
Not open for further replies.