What's new

Black Adam Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice that Black Adam trait is back to doing unblockble damage and he also has access to Shazams Solemn trait for part one I feel like that is going to help alot in matches he needs more hands on damage especially considering Black Adam will get more from it cause he uses his hands for every combo for the most part.

Black Adam is back and looks amazing his new string is exactly what he needed to help his netural game and the fact it is a high to mid to overhead is amazing with the fact he can special cancel it anytime he wants is great it's distance it covers is really awesome as well plus his damage is high as it was in part 1 makes him a power house I can't wait to get my hands on him!!!

I'm just disappointed at his low lighting trap. Startup and recovery = ugh, and it still looks ridiculously situational midscreen, but only time will tell.

However might be fun if you're able to land a hard knockdown in the corner, drop the close trap, and go into the new F123 string. Since the 3rd hit is an overhead, with timing it could lead to a hard to block-able pop up combo. Or if trait is available, cancel into orbs after F12, followed by an instant air far dive kick. Theoretically this would cross up like it did in Inj 1, leading to yet another full combo.

Only days away to lab.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I'm saying this guy will be top 3 from what we've seen, all depends on how punishable the dive kick is.

But that new string is ridiculous, 20% for the full string on hit and it can be special cancelled at any time, and is safe. He also has some great counter zoning with that lighting cloud, and can just full screen dive kick.

He just looks really strong and has a lot of good tools

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I'm saying this guy will be top 3 from what we've seen, all depends on how punishable the dive kick is.

But that new string is ridiculous, 20% for the full string on hit and it can be special cancelled at any time, and is safe. He also has some great counter zoning with that lighting cloud, and can just full screen dive kick.

Isn't the ex divekick plus?

Parasurama

Dragon
Black Adam is back and looks amazing his new string is exactly what he needed to help his netural game and the fact it is a high to mid to overhead is amazing with the fact he can special cancel it anytime he wants is great it's distance it covers is really awesome as well plus his damage is high as it was in part 1 makes him a power house I can't wait to get my hands on him!!!
Anyone know startup?

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I would love to see if the lighting floor trap is now viable but they didn't covered it in yesterday stream.
Seems the same... and it's sad... :(

His damage is looking really strong and you can use his new combo to easily get hit confirms off his meter burn dive kick making it a much more dangerous tool that is completely safe

Last edited:

From someone I know , black adams normal dive kick is more than -20 And his ex divekick is -4

I would love to see if the lighting floor trap is now viable but they didn't covered it in yesterday stream.
Seems the same... and it's sad... :(
Lightning bomb was always more of a defensive move then offensive you can use offensively on hard knock downs and corner pressure setup and use it defensively for rush down characters trying to run in on him. Like I will definitely be using this on a character like gorilla Grodd to make him paranoid about using his jump in special I'll just throw lightning bomb down in front of me and zone Grodd

They gave dive kick the trident rush treatment?

Lol hate to to tell you guys, but black adam is going to be low tier unless you use gear or something.

They gave dive kick the trident rush treatment?

Lol hate to to tell you guys, but black adam is going to be low tier unless you use gear or something.
Not really dive kick was never safe on block it was always a extremely fast way to get in on zoners you can't just throw it out stupidly ex version is safe faster startup and you get a juggle there is zero way he won't be a high mid tier character especially now with his new string you can hit confirm into alot of damage .Plus Adam never really used meter that much for his combos cause you could always special cancel into trait or black magic for continued meter less combos

You cant zone anyone worth their salt with low lightning assuming it still has the same properties as IGAU1.
His lighting strike and his black magic were always just decent never really more then that it's just a way to check your opponent and let them know you have auto tracking zoning moves and lightning strike hits multiple times on meter burn it breaks armor comes out fast and leave Adam safe. He didn't need super great zoning otherwise he be broken cause dive kick gets you in super fast on zoners plus his high damaging combos yeah he be too broken with better zoning lol

Not really dive kick was never safe on block it was always a extremely fast way to get in on zoners you can't just throw it out stupidly ex version is safe faster startup and you get a juggle there is zero way he won't be a high mid tier character especially now with his new string you can hit confirm into alot of damage .Plus Adam never really used meter that much for his combos cause you could always special cancel into trait or black magic for continued meter less combos
EX DK is advantage on block in IGAU and regular DK was safe for a time as well.

Black adam had one of the best strings (b23) in the game during IGAU so why is a different string gonna make him better?

Special canceling into regular black magic for combos? Thats not how you get good damage.

Blwck adam always had solid damage as well. None of this stuff is really new or helpful

His lighting strike and his black magic were always just decent never really more then that it's just a way to check your opponent and let them know you have auto tracking zoning moves and lightning strike hits multiple times on meter burn it breaks armor comes out fast and leave Adam safe. He didn't need super great zoning otherwise he be broken cause dive kick gets you in super fast on zoners plus his high damaging combos yeah he be too broken with better zoning lol
Its not even decent, you can avoid all his zoning by holding up or back+up. His zoning only works on people who dont know they can abuse jumping. Then your only option is to use black magic which has a small hitbox and is death on block and whiff

EX DK is advantage on block in IGAU and regular DK was safe for a time as well.

Black adam had one of the best strings (b23) in the game during IGAU so why is a different string gonna make him better?

Special canceling into regular black magic for combos? Thats not how you get good damage.

Blwck adam always had solid damage as well. None of this stuff is really new or helpful
OK let's start off with meter burn dive kick it was at times hard to hit confirm into because Adam would sometimes be forced to dash in and try to catch the before they hit the floor. He would be forced to watch where he did his meter burn dive kick to make sure he be able to get a combo off the bounce the new string he has always him to now no matter what hit them before they drop like in that video I posted you can see if for yourself plus his new string now can punish people from starting distance so he has a better rush down from mid screen the string as stated in his breakdown is very fast and safe it starts off as a high,mid, to overhead which can be special canceled anytime especially into trait to continue stringing together combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.