What's new

Black Adam Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

DF2+R2
Anyway, i fear that black adam will suffer in tgis game if all they did was give him a new string and nerfed DK.

Damage was never an issue with black adam. He always had substantial damage unless he was without trait and meter.

Since he doesnt have 50/50s other than sweep im not sure what hes going to abuse. They even changed his b23 string on block from what i heard so he jumps every time now. No idea what that entails, but its probably dodo on block now.

If his low lightning antiairs again that will make him way better. If his trait recharges more quickly that will make him deadly with that new string.

Right now im wondering what the angle is until i actually can get my hands on him
Idk mang, Zod and MMH are gone and WW's lost her wings. I can see Cyborg giving him trouble but I think otherwise we might be gucci.

Yo not to be that guy but you misspelled 'Kahndaq' in the thread title.
Did I?;)

Don't understand why you keep coming back to this, b3 after black magic was almost never optimal and definitely not a "good resource" for combos and damage. f123 is definitely good but you are babbling so much nonsense. Also, anyone who thinks IGAU1 dive kick was just "a tool to get in on zoners" is absolutely bananas.
It is a fast tool to get in even in the video with pig you see it was helping get in on fate. As far as black magic used in a combo it doesn't damage scale that bad in this game so to me it is more reliable plus an ideal is I do black magic hit the back 3 jump into a jumping attack then buff into dive kick then do his new advancing string to finish them off

Idk mang, Zod and MMH are gone and WW's lost her wings. I can see Cyborg giving him trouble but I think otherwise we might be gucci.

Did I?;)
in IGAU even hawkgirl gave him trouble.
black adam's weakness was characters who had air mastery after they neutered him.
What i'm looking at now seems to be neutered black adam with an extra string. His trait might recharge fater, but i don't know that yet. Black Adam's weaknesses were so obvious and abuseable i just don't want that to happen again. i don't count great moves unless they're tourney legal, then the floodgates are open.

but as i said fast recharging trait + his new string could make him a different level of cheap instead of the glory days of molesting people with safe DK, AA low lightning and retarded backdash. it depends on his mixup options after trait activate during his new string. Keeping hopes high for nixon adam

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
It is a fast tool to get in even in the video with pig you see it was helping get in on fate. As far as black magic used in a combo it doesn't damage scale that bad in this game so to me it is more reliable plus an ideal is I do black magic hit the back 3 jump into a jumping attack then buff into dive kick then do his new advancing string to finish them off
I can't tell when you are talking about Adam in I1 or I2, its like you write in stream of consciousness. Take a breath or two.

apparently you can interrupt down1+emperor hands now i just saw a match vs flash.

i want black adam to be good just as much as the rest of you if not more.
I just have to figure out a way to dew it.

Randomly thinking, but these are the characters who have tools to possibly slow/shutdown dive kick unless it's instant aired & meter burned. I might be trippin but this is damn near most of the cast. I know blatantly and brainlessly "dropping it like it's hot" while trying to "put your boot on their throats" is ill-advised, but I was just looking at a screenshot of the cast and this came to my attention.

Cyborg
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Flash
Swamp Thing
Aquaman
Blue Beetle
Harley
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Deadshot
Black Canary
Firestorm
Bane
Catwoman

...Comment

Last edited:
Randomly thinking, but these are the characters who have tools to possibly slow/shutdown dive kick unless it's instant aired & meter burned. I might be trippin but this is damn near most of the cast. I know blatantly and brainlessly "dropping it like it's hot" while trying to "put your boot on their throats" is ill-advised, but I was just looking at a screenshot of the cast and this came to my attention.

Cyborg
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Flash
Swamp Thing
Aquaman
Blue Beetle
Harley
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Deadshot
Black Canary
Firestorm
Bane
Catwoman

...Comment
I mostly used it for setups and in mu's where I could use it as defensive tool to gain some space on a jump back. I'm not really worried about it as a tool to get in.

Damage is going on release , pretty sure the devs purposely made everything more damaging and less scaling so the pre release YouTubers can feel like they're doing something when they do random combos.
After a few hours with him he seems pretty solid to me imo he's really safe and his advancing string is really good , his 112 is +2 and has no gap and also if cancelled into trait can jail into another 112 or a f1 and on hit is easy to confirm into alot of damage , from what I've noticed my biggest issue with him is his mid (f2) but I didn't fully test it out yet because I haven't had enough time PS: I didn't play ba in inj1 so I came in completely blind into the character on inj2 (And injustice in general since I didn't like the first one)

Last edited:
Damage is going on release , pretty sure the devs purposely made everything more damaging and less scaling so the pre release YouTubers can feel like they're doing something when they do random combos.
After a few hours with him he seems pretty solid to me imo he's really safe and his advancing string is really good , his 112 is +2 and has no gap and also if cancelled into trait can jail into another 112 or a f1 and on hit is easy to confirm into alot of damage , from what I've noticed my biggest issue with him is his mid (f2) but I didn't fully test it out yet because I haven't had enough time PS: I didn't play ba in inj1 so I came in completely blind into the character on inj2 (And injustice in general since I didn't like the first one)
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't the "2" in the 112 string the overhead? Unless that's changed I believe it was punishable in IGAU.

Status
Not open for further replies.