What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Black Adam looks a lot more interesting than Shazam, I'm actually really curious to see how he plays now :).

Did they show him on the pax stream today? I missed it.

You're basing it off the fact that these guys found him to be a "strange" character design, not the tool set he actually has at his disposal. Look at what he can do and tell me you wouldn't want a character like this in a fighting game:

-An air dash
-A divekick
-A decent projectile
-Traps for zoning/Oki setups
-A power trait that can be used as a get off me /get in dat ass move by nullifying attacks and projectiles while doing damage.
-HUGE damage
-ambiguous hitboxes on jump ins making it hard to determine cross ups.

This is just a taste man, this character is going to be really good.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
+ = Pro
/ = Neutral
- = Con

+ Good jump-ins are needed for his type.
+ Superman-like trait would be useful for getting in. I can see him being zoned.
+ Divekick is an advantage.
/ We don't know how effective air dashes are yet.
/ The traps (as SRK describes) are really small and take long. But since I haven't seen a "Cyrax" related character I think Adam will be the substitute.
/ Let's hope for that huge damage. Though damage isn't everything, I see the combination with his agility and damage.
- His projectiles are somewhat useless.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
+ = Pro
/ = Neutral
- = Con

+ Good jump-ins are needed for his type.
+ Superman-like trait would be useful for getting in. I can see him being zoned.
+ Divekick is an advantage.
/ We don't know how effective air dashes are yet.
/ The traps (as SRK describes) are really small and take long. But since I haven't seen a "Cyrax" related character I think Adam will be the substitute.
/ Let's hope for that huge damage. Though damage isn't everything, I see the combination with his agility and damage.
- His projectiles are somewhat useless.
Bro I've read the article you don't have to keep repeating to me verbatim. According to the article the traps are good for Oki setups, which is awesome because it could possibly setup his weird jump ins. Arturo said it himself he does big time damage, and you don't know how bad the projectile is, because you haven't seen him or played the game lol. Stop just listening to what everyone else says and have some independent thought haha.

Bro I've read the article you don't have to keep repeating to me verbatim. According to the article the traps are good for Oki setups, which is awesome because it could possibly setup his weird jump ins. Arturo said it himself he does big time damage, and you don't know how bad the projectile is, because you haven't seen him or played the game lol. Stop just listening to what everyone else says and have some independent thought haha.

I am giving my independent thought, I could be wrong about those. But in general that's what it seems like. He's a raw character and i'd be really down to see matches with him and Shazam sunday.

Black adam is just too much dopeness compressed all in one person. For sure maining him at supermans side. For some reason he reminds me of m. bison but even better
I'm a M.Bison fan and Shazam reminds me of him with that move that looks like the Psycho Crusher. But if Black Adam have a similar move then he's a instant main.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I am giving my independent thought, I could be wrong about those. But in general that's what it seems like. He's a raw character and i'd be really down to see matches with him and Shazam sunday.
I'm not saying you aren't stating your opinion on it or shutting it down or anything. I just meant think about how these tools could be of use to a fighting game character and give us some early ideas. I know we haven't even seen anything with him yet so its kind of hard or unnecessary, but let's build some hype around him!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm a M.Bison fan and Shazam reminds me of him with that move that looks like the Psycho Crusher. But if Black Adam have a similar move then he's a instant main.
From what I've seen he doesn't seem to have much in common with him. That could just be me though lol. Shazam looks way more like Bison. :)

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Very impressed with the super. Though, the voice I didn't quite appreciate. Probably the audio quality. It didn't sound very loud or powerful.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Very impressed with the super. Though, the voice I didn't quite appreciate. Probably the audio quality. It didn't sound very loud or powerful.
Nothing looked or sounded good quality wise lol. Super looked sick though.