What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Like all, he needs a weakness.

My guess is that hes weak to juggernauts and grapplers. I'm thinking his zoning will be good enough to keep rushdown at bay, his trait and damage to keep zoners away. Someone like Doomsday and his metric ton of armour would probably get past his traps.
I agree he has got to be beaten somewhere. All I know is I'm getting a mufuckin dive kick. :p

JJocelot

Don't give up!
If he doesn't have a good anti-air or DP to get people off him if they do get close, I could see that being a problem for him.

But who knows, we just need to see gameplay. I hope we get some tomorrow during day 2 of PAX.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
If he doesn't have a good anti-air or DP to get people off him if they do get close, I could see that being a problem for him.

But who knows, we just need to see gameplay. I hope we get some tomorrow during day 2 of PAX.
Dude his trait nullifies all attacks and projectiles, that won't be an issue unless the meter runs out. A good AA would still be nice though. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Dude his trait nullifies all attacks and projectiles, that won't be an issue unless the meter runs out. A good AA would still be nice though. :)

Oh I suppose that's true lol. I thought his orbs cause no hitstun, though? As in the opponent takes a bit of damage but can still get in on you.

Ok so I was reading an article on Shoryuken where some players broke down Black Adam and Raven, and I gotta say I'm going to be playing Black Adam for real because he sounds way too cool and unique as a character. On top of just being a huge fan of the character, I like the fact that he has traps that have the potential for oki pressure being a Reptile player, and his character trait seems awesome. For those who don't know his trait puts 3 orbs of electricity on screen, and they circle around Adam. They can do damage to the opponent but don't put them in hit stun, which could have plenty of potential in multiple areas of gameplay. They also nullify all attacks and projectiles allowing Adam to get in on zoners or escape pressure way easier than most characters. He also has a lightning projectile, but it is apparently slower than most, however it causes shock which is a type of prolonged hit stun, which is awesome. Overall they said he is strange, but I look forward to playing him. From the sound of him he could actually end up being my overall main, what are your guys' thought on Black Adam and what do you hope to find playing him? :)

Edit: Here is the article from Shoryuken:

Black Adam is, in a word, strange. He’s not exactly a rushdown character and yet not exactly a zoner either. He has traps that he can place on the ground, but they are very small and don’t do much for area denial. Instead, I found that it’s best to use these abilities after a combo that ends in a knockdown to set up oki mix-ups.
Adam has a number of electricity based moves as well, which cause a shock hit-state. Shock is one of the many types of special hit-states in Injustice that can increase your opponent’s hit-stun beyond normal amounts. Adam’s bolts are slow, though, and at first glance only seem to be effective as combo extenders. But that’s not saying they don’t have potential, as there’s likely a bit of tech hidden here that will come out with extended experimentation.
One thing I noticed was that Adam’s aerial normals came out at weird angles. He has a downward kick with both legs that hits almost completely vertically, which I found to be hard to connect with on jump-ins. It does have a hit-box on the back that made for some interesting cross-ups, but the arc was so weird that I simply had more luck approaching from the ground.
Adam’s trait button (described at the demo as the “superhero power” button) summons three orbs of electricity that rotate around him, similar to Vergil’s spiral swords in UMvC3 but with a couple key differences. First of all, while they do damage to the opponent on contact, they do not put the opponent into hit-stun. More importantly, they nullify opponent’s attacks and projectiles, making it an amazing tool for getting in on other zoners, especially when used with his aforementioned traps.
I feel as if Black Adam is a character who will take a longer amount of time to accurately nail down. He isn’t a simple character to use, that’s for sure. I was impressed with the unique toolset that he had, but I just couldn’t get it to work with the time I had with him. I’m looking forward to trying him out further when the game releases, if only because his gameplay archetype is so non-standard.

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN #BeastCity

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Looks better than Shazam, but Billy looks baws too.
To be fair, we haven't seen him except his stance and brief shots of his lightning.

His super really ought to be him shouting Shazam and lightning striking along with other neat beatings. I was really disappointed by Shazams super. Its just supermans but lamer.

To be fair, we haven't seen him except his stance and brief shots of his lightning.

His super really ought to be him shouting Shazam and lightning striking along with other neat beatings. I was really disappointed by Shazams super. Its just supermans but lamer.
Sorry meant his design and character, he's just a straight up BAWS

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Sorry meant his design and character, he's just a straight up BAWS
The character himself just screams baws, and from design he looks better than most characters that they've shown tbh. If anyone is looking at him seriously give him a try. His character design is not only unique, but it seems very effective/strong.

Edit: STB Chongo

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
One thing I noticed was that Adam’s aerial normals came out at weird angles. He has a downward kick with both legs that hits almost completely vertically, which I found to be hard to connect with on jump-ins. It does have a hit-box on the back that made for some interesting cross-ups, but the arc was so weird that I simply had more luck approaching from the ground.

Thoughts?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Thoughts?
I wouldn't worry too much about this, remember that they didn't get much time to test a lot before they made the article. It could just be a matter of getting used to his jump angle/range as well as the hitbox on his normals. Not to mention there will more than likely lead to clean safe jump-ins/cross-ups with them.

Edit: STB Chongo it's like he said it could just be a matter of time to find tech, or get used to the tools he has to use.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I wouldn't worry too much about this, remember that they didn't get much time to test a lot before they made the article. It could just be a matter of getting used to his jump angle/range as well as the hitbox on his normals. Not to mention there will more than likely lead to clean safe jump-ins/cross-ups with them.

Edit: STB Chongo it's like he said it could just be a matter of time to find tech, or get used to the tools he has to use.
For the record, wasn't freaking out about it, I thought it seemed interesting and wanted other opinions on it ;_;

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
For the record, wasn't freaking out about it, I thought it seemed interesting and wanted other opinions on it ;_;
I know I was just giving my two cents. Like lyuben Arturo praised it. It's usually a good thing to have in fighting games anyway. It makes it harder to tell the angle on jump ins and whether they cross up or not, and thing of that nature. :) yer good dude I'm not putting you on blast lol.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I know I was just giving my two cents. Like lyuben Arturo praised it. It's usually a good thing to have in fighting games anyway. It makes it harder to tell the angle on jump ins and whether they cross up or not, and thing of that nature. :) yer good dude I'm not putting you on blast lol.

Sorry, I'm just paranoid of being put on blast ever since WB ;_;

It's pretty cool that me and other Reptile mainers have similar interests in characters (Me and Treadmill with Nightwing, me and you with Black Adam, etc.)

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Black adam is just too much dopeness compressed all in one person. For sure maining him at supermans side. For some reason he reminds me of m. bison but even better

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Black adam is just too much dopeness compressed all in one person. For sure maining him at supermans side. For some reason he reminds me of m. bison but even better
Mmmm honestly shazam is the one who reminds me of bison. But I agree, Black Adam has a lot of tools at his disposal and I think he is going to be VERY VERY GOOD.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Black Adam did look pretty raw, but after that breakdown from SRK I think he won't pass B tier.
You're basing it off the fact that these guys found him to be a "strange" character design, not the tool set he actually has at his disposal. Look at what he can do and tell me you wouldn't want a character like this in a fighting game:

-An air dash
-A divekick
-A decent projectile
-Traps for zoning/Oki setups
-A power trait that can be used as a get off me /get in dat ass move by nullifying attacks and projectiles while doing damage.
-HUGE damage
-ambiguous hitboxes on jump ins making it hard to determine cross ups.

This is just a taste man, this character is going to be really good.