What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Nobody know the tier lists, shut the hell up about tiers and just play the game. I dont think anyone even takes what you say seriously at this point mate.
That's fine, they may not now but they will.

Have fun boys.

I will gladly pay out 50 dollars to anyone that wins a major with black adam EXCLUSIVELY black adam. None of that use a character than switch in the last round bull crap lol.

This also goes for THIS version of the game. If it gets patched it's off the table until further review.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
That's fine, they may not now but they will.

Have fun boys.

I will gladly pay out 50 dollars to anyone that wins a major with black adam EXCLUSIVELY black adam. None of that use a character than switch in the last round bull crap lol.

This also goes for THIS version of the game. If it gets patched it's off the table until further review.
lol

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Is there any footage of him playing on youtube?
He was on jers stream sometime during that 24 hour stream. Went on a 15 win streak with him or something. Hes been on a 77 streak in a KOTH before too. He beat me 12-0 earlier in mirrors. Like i said hes had the game for a couple weeks so hes way ahead of us but he understands how to use adam. Search his name and it should come up somewhere in one of the threads and someone posted the jer archive.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
He was on jers stream sometime during that 24 hour stream. Went on a 15 win streak with him or something. Hes been on a 77 streak in a KOTH before too. He beat me 12-0 earlier in mirrors. Like i said hes had the game for a couple weeks so hes way ahead of us but he understands how to use adam. Search his name and it should come up somewhere in one of the threads and someone posted the jer archive.
Meh I can't watch twitch videos at work unfortunately, but thanks though I will check it out when I get home. :)

Got another easy midscreen 40% no meter off of 22. 22 Trait - 22b1 - 11 Black Magic - B23 1+3.

Also anyone got some good naked B3/F3 stuff? Best im getting for no meter is like 26-30%

B3 - J2 - B23 1+3 30%

F3- B23 1+3 26% and thats like the best im finding cause you cant use black magic after either one.
The most damaging string out of b23 that doesn't involve black magic is b23 113 lightning storm. However, after some juggles the 3 won't chain, and after some other juggles the opponent flies away too fast and the lightning storm won't link. For your b3 combo you can probably do j2 b23 113 lighting storm (the TV I was playing on was just seized, so I can't test it without moving my PS3).

For f3 the best combo I found was 11 trait b23 up 1+3. I tried to do 113 lightning storm, but the 3 in 113 won't chain, and 11 lightning storm (and 13 lightning storm, iirc) both do the same damage as just doing up 1+3. All three are 36% meter-less. For a 1-meter version you can do f3 11 trait b2 EX cage b23 up 1+3, which is like 45%. Might be able to link 113 lightning storm at the end of the 1-meter string, I never tested it.

Obviously for a 2-meter version you can do 11 EX lightning storm (or 13 EX lightning storm, I think the damage is the same), but I don't think EX lightning storm is worth meter unless you're looking to send your opponent full-screen for some reason, because it doesn't do much more damage.

EX df+2 can be used as a last resort anti-air. Not sure if you can follow it up with much combo wise..

But for example if you're trying to zone with lightings at mid-range and they jump over it, you can activate meter burn to "whiff confirm" AA. It's not the best use of meter but it can reverse momentum and make the opponent think twice before jumping too much.

I've been trying to find a way to use df+1 as AA but it's sketchy. Best way I found to deal with jump ins is simply to move around the screen and catch them off guard as they land or in air to air with dive kicks.

A well spaced d+2 can work but so many jump attacks beat it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
EX df+2 can be used as a last resort anti-air. Not sure if you can follow it up with much combo wise..

But for example if you're trying to zone with lightings at mid-range and they jump over it, you can activate meter burn to "whiff confirm" AA. It's not the best use of meter but it can reverse momentum and make the opponent think twice before jumping too much.

I've been trying to find a way to use df+1 as AA but it's sketchy. Best way I found to deal with jump ins is simply to move around the screen and catch them off guard as they land or in air to air with dive kicks.

A well spaced d+2 can work but so many jump attacks beat it.
I've seriously started just either trying to air to air jumps or just dash away from them and live to fight another day lol. I get tired of sticking stuff out and getting beat down for it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I am not downplaying, it is the truth.

This character will never win a major or a tournament. Prove me wrong and I will love every Black Adam for it.

He is the Jade of this game. Good potential, just missing the 1 thing to tie it all together. When it's all said and done (after patches etc) I seriously doubt that will be the case, but as of right now. Jade tier.

Pig Of The Hut
Tom Brady
CD jr

Prove me wrong.
I heavily disagree

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm asking to pls not be tagged in discussions like these. And chance you are 100% wrong. Black Adam is one of the most well rounded characters in the game and the only thing he is might is a good low(kabal didn't have a good low and is the best in mk) and a good anti air. If he did he will be the best in the game free.
Lol agreed

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
STB TakeAChance I'll play you. I disagree with your statement about black adam being jade tier. Black Adam literally has close to EVERYTHING you could want in a solid character and then some. The only thing he's missing is a good anti air, a low move (D3 doesn't count because it's a piece of shit), a real projectile, decent wakeups, and cyrax damage.

Malec that's K7's Black Adam

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
STB TakeAChance I'll play you. I disagree with your statement about black adam being jade tier. Black Adam literally has close to EVERYTHING you could want in a solid character and then some. The only thing he's missing is a good anti air, a low move (D3 doesn't count because it's a piece of shit), a real projectile, decent wakeups, and cyrax damage.

Malec that's K7's Black Adam
Lol for that AA you should start using MB AA B3 (40% or more) instead of saving for super like a scrub :p

vicious1024

Does it matter?
How much testing has gone into st.1 as an anti-air?

I've been consistently hitting it when I anticipate someone's jump, but I haven't been able to play against all of the cast yet.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Omg guys I found the most busted shit of all time. I want to record it and get it up asap. If you hit a jump in 2 at the top of the opponent's head and then hit close dive kick, you can set it up where the jump in crosses up and the dive kick hits back in front. So basically it's a double cross up.

Edit: just found cross up dive kicks out of normal jump ins too. Burning meter on dive kicks is going to be worth it guys.
smokey
Smarrgasm
Gruntypants
Killin Natzees
K7L33THA
STB TakeAChance
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
How much testing has gone into st.1 as an anti-air?

I've been consistently hitting it when I anticipate someone's jump, but I haven't been able to play against all of the cast yet.
I tried it a few times and got blown the fuck up by jumpins. B2 I had the most luck with AA.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I tried it a few times and got blown the fuck up by jumpins. B2 I had the most luck with AA.
If you have godlike reactions or see the jump coming standing 2 works really well from what I've messed with.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2