What's new

Guide Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh another thing, I found that b2 T into 11 ex cage is by far the easiest trait link out of all the others and it can get you up to 54%.
11 xx trait, b2 xx EX Cage is just as easy and it's 55% lol.

Well the only tricky part I guess is the negative edge. But what I do is just hold down 2 while I do db3 MB.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
11 xx trait, b2 xx EX Cage is just as easy and it's 55% lol.

Well the only tricky part I guess is the negative edge. But what I do is just hold down 2 while I do db3 MB.
They are all easy really lol. That is just for those having trouble. It's easier to link the 6 frame jab than the 15 frame b2. Also, that combo does 53% not 55%. I wasn't posting it for damage though. Either way it will be great for hit confirms.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

After B23 you input U1+3.

Or in other words after Back medium then hard, you put in Up and light plus hard at the same time. It's under his move list, it's called Ra Power under combo attacks.

Stilll can't do it... After about 30 tries I managed to at least jump after B23 but not throw. I'll keep working on it!

For those who've played MK, do you find the timing easier on this game?

Just hold up and when you're at the peak press 1+3.

I find a lot of things weird in this game. You have to mash and buffer so much stuff it's crazy lol. But at the same time you can't mash too much (like if you add an additional wrong input it cancels your buffer). It took me a while to adjust to this combo system.

Also, that combo does 53% not 55%.
j2, 11 xx trait, b2 xx EX Cage, b3, j3, b23, u1+3 is 55%. I'm guessing you're using j2 instead of j3.

Dpayne82

Noob
Stilll can't do it... After about 30 tries I managed to at least jump after B23 but not throw. I'll keep working on it!

For those who've played MK, do you find the timing easier on this game?
This is actually one of the reasons I feel a stick is necessary to play BA correctly. He involves a lot of quick button transitions, and that stuff I feel can be tough to do on pad. Just keep at it, and before you know it you'll be doing it every time. BA is pretty execution heavy in my opinion so don't be afraid to just dump time into training mode if you plan to main him.

As for whether the timing is easier, I don't think it's easier, just different. I find I have to do things quicker in this game than in MK, but I don't think that necessarily makes it harder.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just hold up and when you're at the peak press 1+3.

I find a lot of things weird in this game. You have to mash and buffer so much stuff it's crazy lol. But at the same time you can't mash too much (like if you add an additional wrong input it cancels your buffer). It took me a while to adjust to this combo system.

j2, 11 xx trait, b2 xx EX Cage, b3, j3, b23, u1+3 is 55%. I'm guessing you're using j2 instead of j3.
No I don't include jump ins.

Dpayne82

Noob
Okay I'm doing something wrong in my execution here.

After the j3 in "11 xx trait, b2 xx EX Cage, b3, j3, b23, u1+3" I can't seem to land the b23. Do you guys dash, or move forward before the jump?

McTease

Nay.
It's most likely the timing of when you hit j.3 after b.3.

I won't be able to update the OP till either tomorrow or Thursday. Ma b guys.

Dpayne82

Noob
It's most likely the timing of when you hit j.3 after b.3.

I won't be able to update the OP till either tomorrow or Thursday. Ma b guys.
Yeah, I think you're right. Just need to devote more lab time to it.

And I understand people get busy, but at least you're updating the combo thread, which is more than I can say for a lot of other characters combo threads!

edit: Yup, more lab time solved that problem. Like most things in this game just a matter of practice.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Okay, I haven't kept up with this topic, and TC isn't updating anymore it seems, so excuse me if any of these were already posted.

Midscreen:
EX Divekick > 1 1~Trait > B2 3 U1+3 (39%)
B2 3 > 1 1~Trait > B2 3 U1+3 (39%)
F3 > 11~Trait > B2 3 U1+3 (37%)
B3 > J2 > B2 3 U1+3 (32%)
B3 >11~Trait > B2 3 U1+3 (37%)

2 2~Trait > 2 2 B1 > 1 1~Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (40%)
2 2~Trait > B2 3 > 1 1~Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (44%)
2 2~Trait > 2 2 B1 > EX (Far) Dive Kick > 1 1~Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (45%) (I dedicate this one to Kung Lao)
2 2~Trait > B2~EX Cage > 1 1 Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (48%)

Note: Unlike 1 1, 2 2 does not hit high, and leads to block advantage.

EX Divekick > EX Divekick > 1 1~EX Black Magic > Trait > B2 3 U1+3 (47%) (dat pointless swag).

Corner:
EX Far Divekick > Far Divekick > 1 1 2~Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (42%)
EX Far Divekick > 1 1~Trait > 1 1~Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (43%)
EX Far Divekick > Far Divekick > 1 1~Trait > 1 1 3~Lightning Storm (45%)
B2 3 > 1 1~Trait > 1 1~Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (42%)

Stage Specific (Fortress of Solitude):
Rocket in the left corner > Trait > 1 1 Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (52%)
B2 3 > 1 1 Black Magic > B2 3 U > Spiky think in the ceiling (24% + 18%)
B2 3 > 1 1 trait > B2 3 U > Spiky thing in the ceiling (31% + 18%)
Doomsday > Trait > 1 1 Black Magic > B2 3 U1+3 (43%)

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Favorite combo so far with BA:

Ji2-22-4-22 xx DB3 EX ' B3 ' Ji2 ' B2-3-U-1+3 (54%) One Meter

For you decadent players; replace B2-3-U-1+3 with DF1 EX (53%)

I'm still having quite a time incorporating his EX Dive Kicks into any worthwhile combos.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
OK so i figured out the double trait combos.

Starter into orbs; so 11,22,b2,b1 into Orbs.
Combo that into 22~black magic, the 22 moves you forward so all 3 orbs pop before the black magic lands.
WAIT a second or 2 while they are in the black magic, put dummy to auto block to learn the timing, but you need to wait as long as you can for the orbs to cool down.
2,2,b1 is a long string, and gives time for a J2 to combo, and again, more time for orbs to refresh.
As you land from the J2 your orbs should flash, you can land 1,1~orbs, b2,3 U1+3
The timing is a little tricky at first, but this is usually a couple of extra % on his Bnb's

TLDR: 22~orbs, 22 black magic, wait a second, 22b1 j2 11~orbs b23u1+3 double trait and a couple extra % damage!

EDIT- I DIDNT HAVE THE PATCH THE ORBS ARE ON A LONGER COOLDOWN NOW!

Ulturas

Noob
Favorite combo so far with BA:

Ji2-22-4-22 xx DB3 EX ' B3 ' Ji2 ' B2-3-U-1+3 (54%) One Meter

For you decadent players; replace B2-3-U-1+3 with DF1 EX (53%)

I'm still having quite a time incorporating his EX Dive Kicks into any worthwhile combos.
Seeing if I can add more to that combo you posted:

JI2, 22, 4, 22 xx DB3 MB, B3, JI3, B23, 11 xx DF1 MB = 58% only landed it once though and still attempting to record it I'll put a vid up soonish it's very strict timing.

Edit: Vid Up.

After the B23 I found out just spamming 11111 until it connected seemed to alleviate the strict timing behind it then once it connected hit DF1 MB.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Found an easy setup for a 55/65% combo in to Super.

(Trait Active) J3, Far Boot Stomp, 1,1,3, Super (65%) - (Without Trait - 55%)

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Hey, i'm new here as well. I'm not sure how significant this combo is compared to the 55% 1 meter one that's posted, but I thought I'd share this because I don't think i've seen it posted.

B23~(walk forward so slightly) 11~EX cage ~ b23 ~ up 1+3. You can start it with 11~Trait~B23 as well.

It's probably not worth it because of how weird the walk forward is, but definitely check it out if you haven't seen it before <3

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Seeing if I can add more to that combo you posted:

JI2, 22, 4, 22 xx DB3 MB, B3, JI3, B23, 11 xx DF1 MB = 58% only landed it once though and still attempting to record it I'll put a vid up soonish it's very strict timing.

Edit: Vid Up.

After the B23 I found out just spamming 11111 until it connected seemed to alleviate the strict timing behind it then once it connected hit DF1 MB.
Any idea what the percentage with a non MB DB1 is?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
He meant df1 I guess. But dunno if that combo is usefull, you can get 55% just doing b2, trait, 2, 2, ex-cage, b3, Ji3, b2, 3, 1+3, however the end is interesting.

simple combo with b1,2 and trait.
b1,2 T, j1, DF3, b23 U1+3 40% unfortunately the last trait hits late so you'll be without for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.