What's new

Guide Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah Hatake Osawa even though B1 is not as advantageous on hit, the trait cancel advantage gives it enough to link off of. Hit Cancel Advantage is what applies here. A move can be -4 but as soon as it's cancelled become +10. It all depends on when the animation cancels, and what you are cancelling it with.
I miss having you in my character forum

Celerity

Lab Monster
Hatake Osawa
Yes, what I meant is, B1 xx Trait is a great poke because it leads to good damage on hit, and if they block, they're in a mixup situation. If they block high, you can walk forward a step, 1 1 2, and the orbs have a good chance of opening them up for a combo. If they block low, you have B2 and combo. I'm not 100% sure that they can't jump out of B2, but it's worked for me.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Oh jesus, my PS3 didn't have the patch, so my training mode has been in the old version. Noticed just now when I couldn't land these combos on 360. Sorry about the misinformation guys, I'll be editing out the invalid combos from my posts.

#fuckpatches

Dpayne82

Noob
So I've been messing around with naked F3 and managed to get this.

F3, B2 xx DB3(mb), B23, U1+3

Does 36% damage, unfortunately that's 2 bars if you want to meter burn the F3 so I'm not sure how useful it will be. Also, sorry if the notation is off, if someone notices let me know and I'll fix it.

Also, I've noticed that if you watch their height when you land the 11 after the B23, if their a little low when you hit them with black magic it's best to use 11 xx DF1 to end the combo (you can usually meter burn it for some good damage) since B23 can have a tendency to whiff on the uppercut if they're too low.

The timing for 11 after B23 is also making me want to blow my brains out. I'm getting it more consistent, but does anyone have any tips. The best I can come up with is to use the 11 as they fall to about Adam's head height, but that might not work in an online situation with lag. A two count seems kind of close, but I don't know how spot on that is.

So I've been messing around with naked F3 and managed to get this.

F3,B2xxDB3(mb),B23,U1+3

Does 36% damage, unfortunately that's 2 bars if you want to meter burn the F3 so I'm not sure how useful it will be. Also, sorry if the notation is off, if someone notices let me know and I'll fix it.
I believe I already posted a better combo than that, but it was in the General Discussion thread. F3 11 trait b2 MB cage b23 up 1+3. 45%. 11 trait b23 up 1+3 is 36% by itself for no meter.

Dpayne82

Noob
I believe I already posted a better combo than that, but it was in the General Discussion thread. F3 11 trait b2 MB cage b23 up 1+3. 45%. 11 trait b23 up 1+3 is 36% by itself for no meter.
And here I thought I was being all clever. That is a much better meterless off of an F3.

Dpayne82

Noob
I've been trying to see what I could get off a trap, and here's what I've come up with meterless.

When closer:
(trap hits) J3 xx Far Stomp, B23, U1+3 (could probably add in a 11 with trait but I haven't had much luck). 38% (46% with trait activated ahead of time)

When farther:
(trap hits) Far Stomp, B23, U1+3. 32% (40% if you activate trait ahead of time)

Dpayne82

Noob
And one more post just because I don't think this has been posted.

In the corner meterless:
Ji3 xx Close Stomp, 11 xx Trait xx B23, U1+3 (48%)

Alternatively if you want to be right in their face in the corner for when they wake up

Ji3 xx Close Stomp, 11 xx Trait xx B23, 11 xx DF1 (48% or 54% if you meter burn the DF1)

And for those who feel like blowing all their meter in the corner...

Ji3 xx Close Stomp, 11 xx Trait xx B23, 11 xx Super (65%)

Correction: These can be used anywhere on the screen if you start with J3 xx Far Stomp instead of Ji3 xx Close Stomp.

Hey guys. New here. I've went over this thread and..

1. When I do B23 I get a lag so it's hard to do the combo. Anyone got any ideas on timing etc.?

2. What simple combos do you guys find work best online?

3. Whats the best use for Adam's lightning bomb? I can see using the far one against spammers like Deathstroke but not sure I could use a close one w/o getting falling into someone's combo string.

McTease

Nay.
Hey guys. New here. I've went over this thread and..

1. When I do B23 I get a lag so it's hard to do the combo. Anyone got any ideas on timing etc.?

2. What simple combos do you guys find work best online?

3. Whats the best use for Adam's lightning bomb? I can see using the far one against spammers like Deathstroke but not sure I could use a close one w/o getting falling into someone's combo string.
1. Elaborate. Do you mean connecting 1, 1 after?

2. Barring the occasional input delay I think any combo can be hit online. If you want to talk consistency that's all on you homie.

3. I don't see bombs being a part of Adam's neutral game. The start-up is way too long for you to be able to throw it out so freely. You mostly want to use bombs for set-ups after knockdowns. Personally I think the best string to cancel into bombs is the 2, 2, b.1 string.

Welcome and hope that helps.

McTease

Nay.
OP Updated.

I'll open my reserved post to resets and bomb set-ups. I will let you guys know now that I am more than likely going to be extremely busy this week so this is a preemptive apology for not being able to update as much.

Also Dpayne82, I added your first combo in but held off on the others. Is there a b.2, 3 follow-up after Black Magic [MB] or even a Lightning Strike? And for your Super combo, I'm more than sure you can add a 3 after your 1, 1 string a cancel into Super. Try those out and let me know how it goes. Good shit regardless.

Dpayne82

Noob
OP Updated.

I'll open my reserved post to resets and bomb set-ups. I will let you guys know now that I am more than likely going to be extremely busy this week so this is a preemptive apology for not being able to update as much.

Also Dpayne82, I added your first combo in but held off on the others. Is there a b.2, 3 follow-up after Black Magic [MB] or even a Lightning Strike? And for your Super combo, I'm more than sure you can add a 3 after your 1, 1 string a cancel into Super. Try those out and let me know how it goes. Good shit regardless.
I can confirm on the midscreen version of the super combo...

Ji3 xx Far Stomp, 11 xx Trait xx B23, 11 xx Super

That you can't go 113 xx Super. They fall too far after the 11 to get hit with the 3. That said I'm not sure about the corner version yet I still need to test it more. I've been able to get the 3 to land, but I haven't gotten the super to connect yet, but I think it's still possible.

As for the other combos (which are both midscreen as well as corner depending on the starter which is far bootstomp instead of close bootstomp.

The alternate ending I was proposing instead of the U1+3 is 11 xx Lightning. Which does the same damage, but if you mb the lightning the damage goes to 54%. I've attempted to get 11 xx Black Magic after B23, but it's a fizzle and won't hit them. I've also tried electric cage, but that doesn't come out fast enough.

Anyway I want to do some more testing with the corner versions because I think you're right about 113 xx instead of 11 xx Super or Lightning. I'll update this post once I get it tested some more or make a new one (since I might not get around to it until later tomorrow because it's late) and include full notations for both corner and midscreen versions of these combos.

1. Elaborate. Do you mean connecting 1, 1 after?

2. Barring the occasional input delay I think any combo can be hit online. If you want to talk consistency that's all on you homie.

3. I don't see bombs being a part of Adam's neutral game. The start-up is way too long for you to be able to throw it out so freely. You mostly want to use bombs for set-ups after knockdowns. Personally I think the best string to cancel into bombs is the 2, 2, b.1 string.

Welcome and hope that helps.
1. typo on my part. I meant "any" combo. I just don't see the timing. M yAdam just recovers from the 3 before he can input another command. maybe I misread something...?

2. Are there any good combos that hit high and low?

3. I can't even do cancels in the tutorial. It seems bombs are based when you have someone getting up in the corner.

One I did find fairly easy is 1,1,2,Black Magic. BM will bounce them in the air three times. On the third bounce do Lighting Bolt. 19%

thanks!

McTease

Nay.
1. The timing is a bit tricky at first. If visual cues help at all here's Vulcan Hades's video.

2. No there isn't. Adam doesn't have any low-starters.

3. Yeah, "special canceling" isn't the same in this game as normal games. As there really isn't hit-confirms in this game you actually have to input the cancel as soon as you've input your string.

You can confirm off special cancels by meter burning them, depending on which special it is. Black Magic and Lightning Cage are the two I can think of that are worth MB confirming to get a bigger combo, because they both provide a free juggle when you land them EXed. You can MB confirm Lightning Bolt and probably even Lightning Storm, but Lightning Bolt is only good for the poke, and Lightning Storm isn't useful unless you're looking to push them across the screen (most likely for a corner set-up).

Black Magic is probably the easiest to MB confirm, Lightning Cage the timing is kinda strict and I could easily see you having trouble actually confirming it on reaction in a real match.

1. The timing is a bit tricky at first. If visual cues help at all here's Vulcan Hades's video.

2. No there isn't. Adam doesn't have any low-starters.

3. Yeah, "special canceling" isn't the same in this game as normal games. As there really isn't hit-confirms in this game you actually have to input the cancel as soon as you've input your string.

How does he do that air throw? I can't see the buttons.

Man, I so need to get use to the jargon here lol

Hi guys, new here, plan on maining Black Adam possibly. I found a 1 meter combo that I don't think I saw posted here. Sorry if I missed it. Here it is:

Lightning Cage (MB)>b3,22,Lightning Storm for 36%, 40% if you MB the Lightning Storm as well, but I don't really feel it's worth it.

Hope this helps! It's really good for newer players like me because it's pretty simple to pull off.

Ok so in that video of mine you only see me doing 1 xx black magic. Reason for that is because I was trying to "link" it Street Fighter style. But I recently learned that you can just mash 1,1,1,1,1 and 11 will connect and you can still react and buffer black magic no problem. There's still some kind of weird timing to it so it'll take practice to get it down.

It's also better to do 1,1 xx black magic. Because this way if you miss, black magic doesn't come out + you can react and buffer lightning storm instead as opponent is getting up.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Idk if these are already known but I went messing around last night and found them:

b23 112 ex black magic trait b23 1+3 42%

112 ex black magic trait j3 b23 1+3 40% (I think maybe 41%)

ex dive kick 11 trait b23 1+3 40%

Dpayne82

Noob
How does he do that air throw? I can't see the buttons.

Man, I so need to get use to the jargon here lol

After B23 you input U1+3.

Or in other words after Back medium then hard, you put in Up and light plus hard at the same time. It's under his move list, it's called Ra Power under combo attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.