What's new

BigE announces third person shooter, "Gears of War" coming to Winter Brawl 8

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I still remember the Gears 2 shotgun fiasco where you couldnt even hipfire becayse the pellets would go into the ground. For the first two months of the games life the inly weapons that were viable were the rifles.

I also remember bodying thay lag switching fraud Nasty(spelled with leet speak).

The conspiracy theories of how EPIC puporosely made tge shotgun shit in Gears 2 by making the bullets go straught into the groubd.

I guve Judgement one thing, the netcode was amazing. I think they had dedicated servers for Judgement.

Damn, these memoriee are too much to handle. I need some kleenex

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Personally I think gow2 was the best. Yes it had COUNTLESS problems and shitty MM, but it felt more like a memorable game to me, probably because I spent more time on it than any other game this generation and was able to get 4 extra instead of 3 friends for a team lol. Gow1 is the nostalgia game for me, countless hours of 5 round execution, friendly fire, weapon swaps, player matches, ranked was a bit bleh for me but okay occasionally. I went full on lone wolf in that game, never used my mic because I lost it lmao.

Gears 3 was overall the most polished game which is good but the multiplayer in gears has always been a diamond in the rough and in this game the cleaned the diamond and then gave it to us, which there is nothing wrong with but it feels strange sometimes. Still it's a great game none the less.

I just wish Epic will do a current gen remake of gow1 on both systems (read somewhere that epic has the rights and not Microsoft). Then both xbox and ps3 fanboys can see just how great the game was.

PS, yes on phone.
That is not going to happen. Keep wishing though

Ra Helios

Cross hair makes no difference,

Stopping Power was the biggest handicap conceived for bad people in any game ever...and hard-aim compression...
Cross hair do make a difference because you know excatly where to shot. Plus the the bullet is way more accurate now for noob friendly like it almost was in gears of war 1. Saying the cursor don't make a different. Huh. Make me think you are just trolling because you obviously can't be that stupid. It also make me think you are not a true gears of war player and dont observe what you doing in the game. Stopping power is amazing tool so people can learn how to play smart and not so stupid and the reward feels good afterwards.plus it brings realism into the game. Stopping power never ruin the gears of war franchise. Judgement did because the game was build for noobs. That is why nobody plays it. Also how many people playin judgment? Don't say thousand because that will be a lie. Last time I check only 500 people was playing tdm . This happen 4 month after the game was release I believe.

Cross hair do make a difference because you know excatly where to shot. Plus the the bullet is way more accurate now for noob friendly like it almost was in gears of war 1. Saying the cursor don't make a different. Huh. Make me think you are just trolling because you obviously can't be that stupid. It also make me think you are not a true gears of war player. Stopping power is amazing tool so people can learn how to play smart and not so stupid and the reward feels good afterwards.plus it brings realism into the game. Stopping power never ruin the gears of war franchise. Judgement did because the game was build for noobs. That is why nobody plays it. Also how many people playin judgment? Don't say thousand because that will be a lie. Last time I check only 500 people was playing tdm . This happen 4 month after the game was release I believe.
You have no idea what you're talking about, everything you said is wrong, and you're just guessing and not looking at how the actual game works.

You just said G1 and Judgment is the same shotgun, I'm done.

Lol "accurate"

You seem like the person that would try to argue negative frame moves and claim they're safe, that's what you're sounding like right now. Look at how the game actually works, no theorycrafting.

No one plays Judgment, because it has shit map design and vertical levels without any restrictions to areas, which makes it bad, multi-tiered map design in Judgement is bullshit for a game like Gears of War. Doesn't work.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That feel when people would quit when they saw you in the lobby in all 3 games(judgement does not count).

In gears 3, I had 14.0 kd and 32 w/l for the first 3 months without ever quitting or being a tryhard. Now its something like a 4.0 k/d and 9.0 w/l with double level hundred or something, I didn't bother to reset it again.
"I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target..."

Ra Helios

You have no idea what you're talking about, everything you said is wrong, and you're just guessing and not looking at how the actual game works.

You just said G1 and Judgment is the same shotgun, I'm done.

Lol "accurate"

You seem like the person that would try to argue negative frame moves and claim they're safe, that's what you're sounding like right now. Look at how the game actually works, no theorycrafting.
Dude I can blind fire across the map in gowj with the sniper rifle without hard aiming because the cursor is right there on the screen. In gears of war 2 and 3 it will take you alot of try's and luck to get it to work. You sound pretty dumb right now and the people that are gears of war veterans here on test your might can see through your bull shit. You obvoiusly not a gears player becajse you wouldnt be sounded this stupid right now. Stick to playing fighting games champ because gears of war is not where you shine at and especially the knowledge because you are dumb founded about it

Dude I can blind fire across the map in gowj with the sniper rifle without hard aiming because the cursor is right there on the screen. In gears of war 2 and 3 it will take you alot of try's and luck to get it to work. You sound pretty dumb right now and the people that are gears of war veterans here on test your might can see through your bull shit. You obvoiusly not a gears player becajse you wouldnt be sounded this stupid right now. Stick to playing fighting games champ because gears of war is not where you shine at
No you're stupid, Lol, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

In Gears of War 2 and 3, the bullets came from where ever your gun was pointed, the barrel, in Judgement and Gears of War 1, the bullet trajectory is from the center of the screen, cross-hair or not, it always comes from the center of your screen.

Please enlighten me more with your awesome knowledge, because you're full of crap, and are just insulting because what you're saying is not fact.

Feels like Epic Forums again, why did I stick around, Derptile was right. Lol.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
"I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target..."
Well, its true.

I'm not one to brag but I will gladly say I will shit on any TYM player when it cones to gears. It's alot more exciting than our conversations in the chat...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ra Helios there are two groups of guys on this messageboard you don't want to pick a fight with unless ready:

-Former hardcore Smash players, and
-Former hardcore Gears players

If you do, prepare for the full PTSD experience :p

Karried has been waiting for this moment for 3 years.. I'd be careful trying to go toe to toe with him.

Ra Helios

No you're stupid, Lol, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

In Gears of War 2 and 3, the bullets came from where ever your gun was pointed, the barrel, in Judgement and Gears of War 1, the bullet trajectory is from the center of the screen, cross-hair or not, it always comes from the center of your screen.

Please enlighten me more with your awesome knowledge, because you're full of crap, and are just insulting because what you're saying is not fact.

Feels like Epic Forums again, why did I stick around, Derptile was right. Lol.
Feels like the epic forums because people like you are delusional and that is why gowj has no people playing it. You rather have a game that caters to noobs then hardcore gears of war veterans like myself. It is good to have a shot going out from the barrel because that is how it suppose to work then trying to go in the middle of the screen with a cursor that helps me out so my shots can be more accurate then before. Sniper rifle. Accurate as hell. Take no skill to use it especially when you are not hard aiming. Middle of the screen headshot. Easy. Gears of war 3. It will take you luck. So what take more more skill? Gears of war 3 sniper rifle. No shot in judgement take skill now. This example I show goes with the shotgun the pistol and etc. instead taking skill by guessing where is the middle of the screen gears of war judgment give it to you like you are handicap. Take no skill in gowj.

The movement stiff
The the gun is to accurate. Not realistic
Always center screen like gears of war but better
No down but not out
No locust
No active
The game try to be call of duty and halo
The game is not a gears game
Stim grenade are broken
The game is cater to noobs
No body plays it
The game was created by people can fly which ruin the franchise

I guess you love this garbage game. To bad the veterans all we t back to gears of war 3. And judgement is far from being recovered. If judgement is so good why itwasn't nominated for game of the year? Worst franchise ever created

Ra Helios

Ra Helios there are two groups of guys on this messageboard you don't want to pick a fight with unless ready:

-Former hardcore Smash players, and
-Former hardcore Gears players

If you do, prepare for the full PTSD experience :p

Karried has been waiting for this moment for 3 years.. I'd be careful trying to go toe to toe with him.
He's comebacks is garbage and he has no proof that judgement is a better game or more skilled. More like noob friendly 100%

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Exactly. Gears of war 3 is no handicap except for the retro lancer and saw off but you can adapt. I have a friend. I always destroy him in gears of war 3. He is host by the way. I 7-3 him every time. So when we play gowj it is like he beats me 6-4. Like damn dude. Really. Really. That cursor make me so mad son. It is so noob friendly. I just hope the next gears of war game will be better then 3. I hope they bring back everything. Even the locust and the d-pad where you can switch weapon because gears of war judgement is a game that tries to be other games. Gears of war 1-3 is game that tries to be itself and that why it is a great franchise to buy when you have a xbox. :)
It was overwhelmingly agreed upon by the majority of GOW players that the active reload boost has been there long enough and it is time to retire it. People want balance now days, and that breaks it up. Some say it's part of the franchise as well as "you can use it too!" but tbh it's more balanced without it. Why should you be rewarded because you reloaded with a substantially more powerfull weapon? That is the handicap man! Combine it with stopping power and it's retarded! Completely agree that Retro/SO is a handicap. Epic even said it was designed for noobs. But retro never got changed because it was the devs fav weapon. They trolled the community so hard and have even buffed the retro a couple times....why!!

If you recall when they ran the Zeta playlist (5v5 Execution, lancer/gnasher only) for a limited time last year there were no active bonus' and at a different time no stopping power. A lot of people got exposed lol. The other handicap is the character you play in GOW3. Epic finally admitted this year that the Savage Kantus, all the females, and Big Rig Dizzy all have hitbox problems. Naminly they are smaller and do not register properly compared to all other chars. So nearly all the tryhards use them. That is one of the reasons they claimed not to have locust in the newest game. But the real reason is because Quin DelHoyo who was lead MP designer at Epic wanted to give the game a better chance for E-sports and that is one of the choices he made. He ended up leaving EPIC right around the time of GOWJ's release and now works on Halo at 343 industries. None of those things are a problem in GOWJ, but everything else is a problem. They basically fixed those things and added a bunch of other bullshit no one wanted.

Also you are only partially correct. People can Fly made the campaign. Epic made the multi-player. Personally I think they rushed the game because of next gen. so they could get some sales. I get it, business desision. They also tried to incorperate new stuff. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation that all franchises encounter. In the end all that real Gears fans want is a consistant balanced game. Connection matters too much in the game in it's current state and add in BS actives and OP weapons and broken chars and it's a mess on-line.

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

He's comebacks is garbage and he has no proof that judgement is a better game or more skilled. More like noob friendly 100%
I'm not saying Judgment is a better game. But I am saying that the skill gap is higher in that game than GOW3 for gnasher battles. The slightly slower rate of fire on the gnasher, no actives, and the slightly slower movement mean there is less room for forgivness if you miss. In 3 you can basically wobble and spam gnasher for half your fights only half assed aiming and win. You will fail on that in Judgment and will also fail if you bounce to get close and don't get a GIB or miss a shot because the delay is enough that you can not fire before they body you for being dumb. You get away with that kind of stuff in 3 all the time.

the on screen crosshair makes no difference if you're a vet. I don't even notice it's there and when the game first came out I found it to be unreliable when trying it out just to see how it worked. Center screen is reliable. If you're a seasoned Gears vet no noob should get the drop on you because of his on screen reticle when it comes to shotguns. If you're running straight at someone with a rifle and they are decent it wouldn't matter if it was there anyway.

Last edited:

Ra Helios

It was overwhelmingly agreed upon by the majority of GOW players that the active reload boost has been there long enough and it is time to retire it. People want balance now days, and that breaks it up. Some say it's part of the franchise as well as "you can use it too!" but tbh it's more balanced without it. Why should you be rewarded because you reloaded with a substantially more powerfull weapon? That is the handicap man! Combine it with stopping power and it's retarded! Completely agree that Retro/SO is a handicap. Epic even said it was designed for noobs. But retro never got changed because it was the devs fav weapon. They trolled the community so hard and have even buffed the retro a couple times....why!!

If you recall when they ran the Zeta playlist (5v5 Execution, lancer/gnasher only) for a limited time last year there were no active bonus' and at a different time no stopping power. A lot of people got exposed lol. The other handicap is the character you play in GOW3. Epic finally admitted this year that the Savage Kantus, all the females, and Big Rig Dizzy all have hitbox problems. Naminly they are smaller and do not register properly compared to all other chars. So nearly all the tryhards use them. That is one of the reasons they claimed not to have locust in the newest game. But the real reason is because Quin DelHoyo who was lead MP designer at Epic wanted to give the game a better chance for E-sports and that is one of the choices he made. He ended up leaving EPIC right around the time of GOWJ's release and now works on Halo at 343 industries. None of those things are a problem in GOWJ, but everything else is a problem. They basically fixed those things and added a bunch of other bullshit no one wanted.

Also you are only partially correct. People can Fly made the campaign. Epic made the multi-player. Personally I think they rushed the game because of next gen. so they could get some sales. I get it, business desision. They also tried to incorperate new stuff. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation that all franchises encounter. In the end all that real Gears fans want is a consistant balanced game. Connection matters too much in the game in it's current state and add in BS actives and OP weapons and broken chars and it's a mess on-line.
They said the saw off shotgun was created for noobs. I do not recall them saying retro lancer. A lot of people were complaing about the locust not being in the game. Down but not out was complain a lot in the gears of war community because they took it away. It won't be a gears of war game without the execution moves for down but not out or down but not out period. Active reload what made the game unique in its own way and made it different from any other game that is out their. A lot of people were complaing about that being taking away. I really don't think it is noobish because the game is build around that in the first place. You can saystopping power because it was added in gow 2 which I didn't have a problem with because it makes people now use the rifle more so then the shotgun and the people won't be all time rushing. Now they can make smart decision on what they can do and what not to do which bring more skill in the game instead of being noobish. I agree with the characters being broken but taking away the locust out of the game will just ruin the community because it was their in the beginning and that is a reason why gears judgement never sold that good to the masses and plus it never even got a midnight launch release. I agree that people can fly created the campaign but they also created the guns, the movement and etc. rod furgusson even said he has to check on them so the gears of war franchise still be gearsofnwar and not some other game. Also what is so funny. People weren't even complaining about the active or the stopping power. They were mostly complaing about the saw off and the retro lancer. Less complaining came to the characters hit box which were fix but not that much. Also a lot of people were complaing about stealing kills but people also steal kills in judgement by who ever get that last shot. I rather them being down and try to get my kill then a person just interfere and get that last bullet to steal my kill.

LEGI0N47

They said the saw off shotgun was created for noobs. I do not recall them saying retro lancer. A lot of people were complaing about the locust not being in the game. Down but not out was complain a lot in the gears of war community because they took it away. It won't be a gears of war game without the execution moves for down but not out or down but not out period. Active reload what made the game unique in its own way and made it different from any other game that is out their. A lot of people were complaing about that being taking away. I really don't think it is noobish because the game is build around that in the first place. You can saystopping power because it was added in gow 2 which I didn't have a problem with because it makes people now use the rifle more so then the shotgun and the people won't be all time rushing. Now they can make smart decision on what they can do and what not to do which bring more skill in the game instead of being noobish. I agree with the characters being broken but taking away the locust out of the game will just ruin the community because it was their in the beginning and that is a reason why gears judgement never sold that good to the masses and plus it never even got a midnight launch release. I agree that people can fly created the campaign but they also created the guns, the movement and etc. rod furgusson even said he has to check on them so the gears of war franchise still be gearsofnwar and not some other game. Also what is so funny. People weren't even complaining about the active or the stopping power. They were mostly complaing about the saw off and the retro lancer. Less complaining came to the characters hit box which were fix but not that much. Also a lot of people were complaing about stealing kills but people also steal kills in judgement by who ever get that last shot. I rather them being down and try to get my kill then a person just interfere and get that last bullet to steal my kill.
They were both made for newer players. That became a problem when good players started using a easy mode weapon in the beta and on day 1. An even bigger one when the buffed the retro...twice. Quin and Pete love that gun for some reason. Once you master it there is no need for any other in most situations unless you are godlike with the Hammerburst (not some bum with a turbo controller)

Yes all those things contributed to GOWJ not doing as well and I want all those things back except the actives, stopping power and hitboxes. Almost all players enjoy the lack of actives. It's litterally a game changer when you have it. Now days and for quite a while over at epic if you moan about actives or stopping power being gone or advocate it you are considered a scrub by most vets and "top players" of the game. Not saying you are, just letting you know the sentiments over there. Sure it adds "realism," but balance is more important.

Players that moan about kill stealing and are concerned with stats annoy me. Its about that W. I only get mad if it's the last guy and I want to execute them.

Ra Helios

I'm not saying Judgment is a better game. But I am saying that the skill gap is higher in that game than GOW3 for gnasher battles. The slightly slower rate of fire on the gnasher, no actives, and the slightly slower movement mean there is less room for forgivness if you miss. In 3 you can basically wobble and spam gnasher for half your fights only half assed aiming and win. You will fail on that in Judgment and will also fail if you bounce to get close and don't get a GIB or miss a shot because the delay is enough that you can not fire before they body you for being dumb. You get away with that kind of stuff in 3 all the time.

the on screen crosshair makes no difference if you're a vet. I don't even notice it's there and when the game first came out I found it to be unreliable when trying it out just to see how it worked. Center screen is reliable. If you're a seasoned Gears vet no noob should get the drop on you because of his on screen reticle when it comes to shotguns. If you're running straight at someone with a rifle and they are decent it wouldn't matter if it was there anyway.

Well I can agree on that. The shotgun do take more skill because their is no active their. It actually do matters when their a reticule on the screen. Veteran or no veteran. You can't even imagine if it their or not. The game is built around it. You have to shoot the person in that middle reticule. If you don't the person is not going to be gib. Your opponent is going to win and win each time. Center screen is noobish and was not created by epic games. People can fly created the game mechanics. Rod furgusson even said he has to check them time to time to see if they don't make gears into a whole different game. Center screen ruin the game and made a step back to gears of war 1. But judgement accuratsy is wayy better." And noobish l. By picking up a sniper and blind fire across the map with no luck attach. You can pick up any gun and the middle screen and helps aim without even guessing like in gears of war 3. When you have to guess which is better. Middle of the screen for gow3 is not reliable which is skill and no reticule on the screen is helping me.

The gears of war 3 movement is on point and its fluent. unlike judgement which make the game like gears of war 1. The movement is to stiff. The wobbling make a differents when making a comeback then judgement. The wobbling Get you out in tight situations which is amazing. so you can make your team win the match. Yes I agree with the shotgun delay which is better but that is not going to cut it for its stiffness. Gow j movement is created for wall bouncer and not for the people that want to play a game that is fluent in its movements. Gowj comeback is not on par with 3 comeback because the wobbling actually helps. If you want stiffness play on low sensitivity and body people. I don't think the skill gap in judgement shotgun is better. Gowj shotgun battles limit you to do certain things. Gow3 limitless because of the wobbling and on how well It move fluently. Yes judge ment has no active but the shotgun battle is very limited. There only certain things you can do.'

But people can fly created the mechanics so the next gears most likely wont be like this. Epic games is going back to square 3 and making a whole better game then 3 and not judgement. Judgment was a test that fail horribly. I agree with you with that shotgun delay though.

Ra Helios

They were both made for newer players. That became a problem when good players started using a easy mode weapon in the beta and on day 1. An even bigger one when the buffed the retro...twice. Quin and Pete love that gun for some reason. Once you master it there is no need for any other in most situations unless you are godlike with the Hammerburst (not some bum with a turbo controller)

Yes all those things contributed to GOWJ not doing as well and I want all those things back except the actives, stopping power and hitboxes. Almost all players enjoy the lack of actives. It's litterally a game changer when you have it. Now days and for quite a while over at epic if you moan about actives or stopping power being gone or advocate it you are considered a scrub by most vets and "top players" of the game. Not saying you are, just letting you know the sentiments over there. Sure it adds "realism," but balance is more important.

Players that moan about kill stealing and are concerned with stats annoy me. Its about that W. I only get mad if it's the last guy and I want to execute them.
What is your opinion on the down but not out and the locust being gone because this has really Effected the community. I really doubt they will take out the stopping power for the next gears of war game bro. Especially when people can fly is not making the mechanics with the game no more.
I have no problem with no active but It just wouldn't be a gears of war game without it. I would say just make the mechanics better then gears of war 3 and not judgment. I can deal with that. And they can put no active or put active on the power weapons and not the weapons you start with. Great idea huh? So people wouldn't complain when they are doing a shotgun battle. Do you like this idea? Be honest. Just trying to help the community.

Overpass In judgment was great. I can give them that.

I love this game with a passion son. You just don't know. I mostly always come first place on my team anyway. But judgement is trash. I wonder how many people are playing it?

LEGI0N47

Well I can agree on that. The shotgun do take more skill because their is no active their. It actually do matters when their a reticule on the screen. Veteran or no veteran. You can't even imagine if it their or not. The game is built around it. You have to shoot the person in that middle reticule. If you don't the person is not going to be gib. Your opponent is going to win and win each time. Center screen is noobish and was not created by epic games. People can fly created the game mechanics. Rod furgusson even said he has to check them time to time to see if they don't make gears into a whole different game. Center screen ruin the game and made a step back to gears of war 1. But judgement accuratsy is wayy better." And noobish l. By picking up a sniper and blind fire across the map with no luck attach. You can pick up any gun and the middle screen and helps aim without even guessing like in gears of war 3. When you have to guess which is better. Middle of the screen for gow3 is not reliable which is skill and no reticule on the screen is helping me.

The gears of war 3 movement is on point and its fluent. unlike judgement which make the game like gears of war 1. The movement is to stiff. The wobbling make a differents when making a comeback then judgement. The wobbling Get you out in tight situations which is amazing. so you can make your team win the match. Yes I agree with the shotgun delay which is better but that is not going to cut it for its stiffness. Gow j movement is created for wall bouncer and not for the people that want to play a game that is fluent in its movements. Gowj comeback is not on par with 3 comeback because the wobbling actually helps. If you want stiffness play on low sensitivity and body people. I don't think the skill gap in judgement shotgun is better. Gowj shotgun battles limit you to do certain things. Gow3 limitless because of the wobbling and on how well It move fluently. Yes judge ment has no active but the shotgun battle is very limited. There only certain things you can do.'

But people can fly created the mechanics so the next gears most likely wont be like this. Epic games is going back to square 3 and making a whole better game then 3 and not judgement. Judgment was a test that fail horribly. I agree with you with that shotgun delay though.
100% without a doubt Epic made the multi-player side. Rod left the company months before it even came out and was not involved much. Quin DelHoyo was lead on its MP, now it's Pete Kneply. You can also lump Jim Brown in there. They still run the MP for that game to this day. Go over to Epic and ask or tweet him, it's true.

The mechanics of battling are similar in both games. It's just that in one you have more margin for error than the other is all I'm saying.

BTW you can tell when a noob is trying to size you up in his crosshairs and you take less time by simply centering him and popping that dome. It's quite satisfying. I like it over the barrel direction because it is more consistant and there is no need to pop shot because the spread is the same hip or hard aimed. But it does produce some easy mode rifling and blind firing on cover though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Among all the arguing I don't believe I got an answer... GoW1 or no?