What's new

BigE announces third person shooter, "Gears of War" coming to Winter Brawl 8

SEV

Noob
I know about thrashball,mercy and the rifle mlg rules. Etc. Listen Iam. Beast with a sniper rifle competitive wise and casual wise. The reason why they don't use it competitive because they suck with it. I'm on a different level then them. This game isn't injustice or Mk where offline tourney dominate online people. It is a opposite and a total slotter. Me and my boy were playing quick match and we ran into competitive competition where we face all clan members. My friend was host so he has a good connection. Knowing me. I grab my sniper rifle And destroy them playing on a sd tv. All headshots mostly with my sniper. They were pretty good. They won games and we won games. Thy all have a 2.3 and more kd And wd ratio. So I know what competitive game-play is all about. If you have a team it doesn't really matter. They just suck.
You don't know what you're talking about either, though. At the highest level of play, there were only about 12 actual good teams that had a chance to compete and win. The skill gap between those 12 teams and the team that places 13th is gigantic. And those team names barely change by each game in the franchise, mainly just the order. Anyone that you run into that has matching names that isn't NSAN3 and wasn't on the actual team Th3 NSAN3Z, is terrible. And even then I can tell you that a good K/D and W/L doesn't mean anything, especially ranked ratios, assuming that's what you're talking about. And those aren't even impressive ranked ratios either. And I can tell you with complete confidence that almost any LAN teams, including the bad ones, can body online team. Gears probably has the highest learning curve than any other shooter, individually and team wise, requiring extensive in game knowledge, raw skill, and complex team work. And if you never played one of those teams when the game was relevant, you can't understand how this game is played at the highest level.

Last edited:

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
You don't know what you're talking about either, though. At the highest level of play, there were only about 12 actual good teams that had a chance to compete and win. The skill gap between those 12 teams and the team that places 13th is gigantic. And those team names barely change by each game in the franchise, mainly just the order. Anyone that you run into that has matching names that isn't NSAN3 and was on the actual team Th3 NSAN3Z, is terrible. And even then I can tell you that a good K/D and W/L doesn't mean anything, especially ranked ratios, assuming that's what you're talking about. And those aren't even impressive ranked ratios either. And I can tell you with complete confidence that almost any LAN teams, including the bad ones, can body online team. Gears probably has the highest learning curve than any other shooter, individually and team wise, requiring extensive in game knowledge, raw skill, and complex team work. And if you never played one of those teams when the game was relevant, you can't understand how this game is played at the highest level.
I am at the highest level. Doesn't matter who they are. I already know this already about gears having the highest learning curve then any other game out there. I have game knowledge, raw skills, don't know I have team work but myself i almost clutch in tdm only me was remaining and 5 lives not going by last the last 5 locust. I clutch all the way down to 2 locust counts left. Lol. I have been playing gears since it came out. I always play competitivly and I never gotten body from nobody ever in a gears series. Until now because I don't play like that since injustice came out but before body everybody. Facing even a clan membersthat has over a 3.7 kd body him. I'm on the highest level and Iam that good enough to crush all mlg gears which I did when face them. But if you don't have a good team that dont want to listen then you will get destroyed. Which I did by the way because nobody on my team didn't have mics an etc on check out and the other team beat us with retro lancers. I was caring the team but without team work you are nothing. I did played with Nsan3. Again me and my friend played them. They were. Really good have over thousands win and etc. only to my 567 wins and 100 something loses. Me and my friend beat them. I use snipe and was host. They were really good. All they were doing when they reach the top of the dry dock because they knew I was good with that sniper. The clan ran up and retro lancer and lancer and hamerburst. Dude they are good. But we beat them and they beat us. They mostly won the matches because they have a full partywhen we only have 2 parties. Yeah I play them before. It was a long time ago before injustice came out. I was blowing them up with the sniper rifle. Even the guy that grap the sniper rifle on bullet storm or whatever that map called i always snipe him. They always seem to grab boom. Like I said. When it comes to gears veterans like myself. I know what the highest play is. Plus one of the clan mates was using broken kantus. I stop playing the on clock tower because my friend left and there was no point to play them because my friend left. Now of I had a full party team they wouldn't touch us son. Mostly my friends are gears veterans. Right now they are sleeping just like myself. When the new gears or whenever I get back to playing gears watch out. Also 12 teams to the gears of war coummity that can body people lol. Stop smoking. This isn't injustice or Mk. Online players bodies clan members over 4,900 people plays gears of war 3 and you say those 12 people can body us. The online community? That is a joke.

SEV

Noob
I am at the highest level. Doesn't matter who they are. I already know this already about gears having the highest learning curve then any other game out there. I have game knowledge, raw skills, don't know I have team work but myself i almost clutch in tdm only me was remaining and 5 lives not going by last the last 5 locust. I clutch all the way down to 2 locust counts left. Lol. I have been playing gears since it came out. I always play competitivly and I never gotten body from nobody ever in a gears series. Until now because I don't play like that since injustice came out but before body everybody. Facing even a clan membersthat has over a 3.7 kd body him. I'm on the highest level and Iam that good enough to crush all mlg gears which I did when face them. But if you don't have a good team that dont want to listen then you will get destroyed. Which I did by the way because nobody on my team didn't have mics an etc on check out and the other team beat us with retro lancers. I was caring the team but without team work you are nothing. I did played with Nsan3. Again me and my friend played them. They were. Really good have over thousands win and etc. only to my 567 wins and 100 something loses. Me and my friend beat them. I use snipe and was host. They were really good. All they were doing when they reach the top of the dry dock because they knew I was good with that sniper. The clan ran up and retro lancer and lancer and hamerburst. Dude they are good. But we beat them and they beat us. They mostly won the matches because they have a full partywhen we only have 2 parties. Yeah I play them before. It was a long time ago before injustice came out. I was blowing them up with the sniper rifle. Even the guy that grap the sniper rifle on bullet storm or whatever that map called i always snipe him. They always seem to grab boom. Like I said. When it comes to gears veterans like myself. I know what the highest play is. Plus one of the clan mates was using broken kantus. I stop playing the on clock tower because my friend left and there was no point to play them because my friend left. Now of I had a full party team they wouldn't touch us son. Mostly my friends are gears veterans. Right now they are sleeping just like myself. When the new gears or whenever I get back to playing gears watch out. Also 12 teams to the gears of war coummity that can body people lol. Stop smoking. This isn't injustice or Mk. Online players bodies clan members over 4,900 people plays gears of war 3 and you say those 12 people can body us. The online community? That is a joke.
You're only digging the hole deeper. Whenever you say anything about ranked you make yourself sound even worse, you definitely never played the NSAN3Z or anyone else good, and even if you did, running against them in a ranked lobby doesn't mean shit, and again K/D and W/L doesn't mean anything either. And I know you don't know anything about the highest level of play because you say some stupid shit and because I actually played at the highest level of play. I was an MLG pro for GoW 2 and my team, TakeDowN, placed 4th at Hypefestation #1(the only Hype that had actual teams(inside info)) in GoW 3 only losing to Infinity, twice, the team that won the event. And it's not 12 players, it's 12 teams; 48 players, hell 60 counting the coaches, and yes they will body you and any online team ON LAN, even the coaches. You probably have never gone to any actual Gears events or even played the game on LAN, and it is a completely different game on LAN so you have zero understanding out the door, then you say online is more important than LAN and boast that you're good because you beat no name noobs in matchmaking when Gears is NOTORIOUS for having terrible online connections and also when it is widely agreed upon by the ENTIRE competitive community that the franchise is terrible online. I don't mean to be a dick, but you are literally saying the exact opposite of what any actual Gears pro, or even anyone that just followed the scene, would say and it's too funny.

Last edited:

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Valid points, I will agree lancer/gnasher balance being superior in GoW2, okay. I still think GoW1 is more fun to watch though. I barely remember watching Hype, but one match on Trenches stands out as being slow as hell. The game was campy, no? Except for Checkout and Drydock?

But i've played Gears enough. I don't need high tournament placings to argue points on weapon balance. Maybe the longshot was a viable weapon to grab in GoW2, sure, but the maps had huge open spaces, ink grenades, slow movement speed, and you were allowed to turtle if you wanted. The sniper needed those crutches to help it out. Take away one or two of those mechanics and it becomes unfavorable to use. GoW3 has faster movespeed, limited open space, and no more space-controlling ink grenades.

SEV

Noob
Valid points, I will agree lancer/gnasher balance being superior in GoW2, okay. I still think GoW1 is more fun to watch though. I barely remember watching Hype, but one match on Trenches stands out as being slow as hell. The game was campy, no? Except for Checkout and Drydock?
Yeah matches were really campy because the game had an in-game man-up rule by default. Epic put this in for competitive play because GoW 2 had been campy due to bad teams being desperate to win even though it would rarely work, but it wasn't needed for GoW 3's faster pace. So what these same desperate teams started doing was trying to get one kill then set up defensively and the other team would have to push into their set up 3v4 at some point because if they didn't they would lose the round because they had less players. And a lot of teams started doing it because it was safer, and almost guaranteed because it was so hard to push into 4-man defensive set up. So to try and have a chance to break the set up, the team down a player would have to get at least one more spawn of inks/nades, sometimes multiple spawns, so that was just 2 or more minutes of down time just waiting. It took a long time for the competitive scene to find good map/gametypes because maps that would have otherwise been great became nonviable due to teams abusing the man up rule and that's why the game ending with more KoTH and less execution than it started with.

But i've played Gears enough. I don't need high tournament placings to argue points on weapon balance. Maybe the longshot was a viable weapon to grab in GoW2, sure, but the maps had huge open spaces, ink grenades, slow movement speed, and you were allowed to turtle if you wanted. The sniper needed those crutches to help it out. Take away one or two of those mechanics and it becomes unfavorable to use. GoW3 has faster movespeed, limited open space, and no more space-controlling ink grenades.
Everything you said is true but it just turns into a matter of preference. GoW 2 was more based on strategy with less all out conflict and was more about teamwork and crossing while GoW 3 was mainly about one big, initial forced fight, and then waiting out the inevitable. The individual battles of GoW 2 had an extreme amount of depth to them in a very short period of time due to the slow firing rate and movement speed where as in GoW 3 and even in the later stages of GoW 2 the game devolved into a simple strafe and shoot shooter when they increased the fire rate and range for the gnasher. In order to compensate for people moving faster, they buffed all the rifles and then on top of that the competitive rifles were still comparatively too strong in order to be balanced with the new OP rifles. Then to balance gnasher with the rifles and movement speed they had to give it increased damage and range. There are plenty of people though that agree with you though. I can see the allure of GoW 3 from a spectators perspective completely, but as a player I preferred GoW 2.

Last edited:

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I miss playing GoW, man. Wonder how this event will do attendance-wise considering how many GoW players live in the PA area.

Ra Helios

You're only digging the hole deeper. Whenever you say anything about ranked you make yourself sound even worse, you definitely never played the NSAN3Z or anyone else good, and even if you did, running against them in a ranked lobby doesn't mean shit, and again K/D and W/L doesn't mean anything either. And I know you don't know anything about the highest level of play because you say some stupid shit and because I actually played at the highest level of play. I was an MLG pro for GoW 2 and my team, TakeDowN, placed 4th at Hypefestation #1(the only Hype that had actual teams(inside info)) in GoW 3 only losing to Infinity, twice, the team that won the event. And it's not 12 players, it's 12 teams; 48 players, hell 60 counting the coaches, and yes they will body you and any online team ON LAN, even the coaches. You probably have never gone to any actual Gears events or even played the game on LAN, and it is a completely different game on LAN so you have zero understanding out the door, then you say online is more important than LAN and boast that you're good because you beat no name noobs in matchmaking when Gears is NOTORIOUS for having terrible online connections and also it is widely agreed upon by the ENTIRE competitive community that the franchise is terrible online. I don't mean to be a dick, but you are literally saying the exact opposite of what any actual Gears pro, or even anyone that just followed the scene, would say and it's too funny.
The online isn't terrible sorry. Stop comparing this game to injustice. I am a gears pro and yes I did play I mlg. But it was a long time ago. Gears of war 3 is the most polish franchise. So saying it terrible is really stupid. I am a pro bro. The online community in gears will always destroy Lan or clan members. This isn't injustice where the community is small. I played the nsan3 dude. They were playing quick match and I ran into them. Those are the only clan member I face that has a full party. Gears is not a difficult game to play once you get use to the mechanics and the movement down pack. Also I don't bitch about online when we can find a good connection. That is always a excuse for gears players when they lose. I am God in this game. I do not care what clan you face bro. Isan3 how you hype them up are really not good struggling to be 2 veteran gears if war players to their full party. We had teammates but me and my friend was caring the team.

The online isn't terrible sorry. Stop comparing this game to injustice. I am a gears pro and yes I did play I mlg. But it was a long time ago. Gears of war 3 is the most polish franchise. So saying it terrible is really stupid. I am a pro bro. The online community in gears will always destroy Lan or clan members. This isn't injustice where the community is small. I played the nsan3 dude. They were playing quick match and I ran into them. Those are the only clan member I face that has a full party. Gears is not a difficult game to play once you get use to the mechanics and the movement down pack. Also I don't bitch about online when we can find a good connection. That is always a excuse for gears players when they lose. I am God in this game. I do not care what clan you face bro. Isan3 how you hype them up are really not good struggling to be 2 veteran gears if war players to their full party. We had teammates but me and my friend was caring the team.
You're officially stupid or either 10 and ignorant.

You are not a Pro, you sound like a montage kid, who just does Ranked and goes for clips. Bet you also do blind fire sniper battles to determine skill.

NSAN3Z and Infinity best Teams

SEV

Noob
I miss playing GoW, man. Wonder how this event will do attendance-wise considering how many GoW players live in the PA area.
I think it might have a decent turnout from actual gears players, any event on the east coast will. News of the tournament has been in the gears community for a little over a month now and I've seen some people scrimming. As far as actual teams going so far all that I know of is a makeshift Ambition and Synergy, but I'm sure there will be more, as well as other thrown together teams. The traveling gears community isn't that big but it's pretty consistent.

Ra Helios

You're officially stupid or either 10 and ignorant.

You are not a Pro, you sound like a montage kid, who just does Ranked and goes for clips. Bet you also do blind fire sniper battles to determine skill.

NSAN3Z and Infinity best Teams
I played nsan3z never heard of infinity. I don't do that son. That doesn't even increase your level in play but just increase your luck. I am a pro. I'm best at what I do. Also do record but I don't go for clips. I just let my game-play get the clips for me not me trying to get clips. Come to my streets in gears. We laugh at these clans clown that think they are the best. I l runs gears son. That is my game. You may beat me in injustice but gears. Hell no!!!

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I played nsan3z never heard of infinity. I don't do that son. That doesn't even increase your level in play but just increase your luck. I am a pro. I'm best at what I do. Also do record but I don't go for clips. I just let my game-play get the clips for me not me trying to get clips. Come to my streets in gears. We laugh at these clans clown that think they are the best. I l runs gears son. That is my game. You may beat me in injustice but gears. Hell no!!!
So make a team, scrim the remaining players, and travel to an event. You can't just say you're better and have nothing to show for it.