What's new

Big props to to the major Kitana players at Evo!

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
U guys were and are awesome with the blue Edenian piece of ass. Playing this char makes me love playing the game that much more and its guys like u that make us proud to be a part of the Kitana army!

Konqrr--as Ive said before ur the reason I picked her up in the first place and realized she suited me very well. Your match with Slips was awesome nail biting stuff and u pulled it out with that trademark Kit play. I know u didnt make top 8 but it was because you had an awesome mirror with Osu, a matchup between u two talents can go either way. The day was his but you are still the Kitana pioneer who has done so much for this game and community and have only pride to take from your performance at Evo.

Osu--ur highly noted passion was mad hype for the stream and the game's reception at evo. Ur play was unbelievably tight and u made for some great, great matches to watch. U beat some very noteworthy names including the aforementioned, Konqrr, Slips, and just today dispatching Online Tony. Even with his EX nomad giving problems you adapted and got around it and controlled the match against one of the two best Kabal players in the world. I think the hype of your match and celebrations wore the crowd out from the start and set the tone for an amazing top 8.

I also wanna give a shout out to NeoRussel who i play offline with here in Toronto, beating pig of the hunt on his way to top 32 (or 16) before being eliminated by a legend. Also Cookies' cosplay was tight...literally the costume was disturbingly worn tight on him :wut: But seriously he seemed like a cool character.

Forgive me if Ive missed anyone and just wanna thank all the Kit players and contributors who not only contribute to the community, but also help level up ALL our games with the Pretty, Pretty Princess!

:congrats:

VIDA

Yeah I left out the 16 bit cause I heard some guys on the stream saying he needs to change it since he made top 8 lol.

yeah good shit Konqrr and 16 Bit!

anyone got a vid of Tony vs Osu? I missed that match...

Id also like to see the Slips-Konqrr match again... that was the first GREAT match of EVO... hands down

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Yeah definately echo the OP! Amazing stuff to watch and was gutted to see Konqrr miss out on the top 8, though yeah props to 16 bit! He did an amazing job of dispatching online Tony! I stayed up until 1am to watch on uStream dispite being so so tired from the weekend. Great viewing and will definately be re-watching!

:)

Watchin them play reminded me why I mained her in the first place....shoutout to konqrr and osu..played y'all asses off....but I hope kitana don't turn into the new scorpion...online scorpion I mean lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Major props to neorussel knocking me out

Look forward to another match in the future, great match and great performance by him

Enjoyed my casuals w konqrr at the cookout and congrats for knocking lord of the fly to losers, great to finally meet you.

Special mention to osi 16 bit cause he's phenomenal and was the supreme wild card in evo w his raw emotion on stage, his prescence and ability to perform an extremely high level under pressure. Very happy for him

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Thanks guys.

Konqrr deserves hella props. I doubt there's anyone with more knowledge of the character and her matchups.

DIRTY

Noob
Osu's hype was literally my highlights of the entire tourney. Outstanding performance all around, And a great attitude win or lose. Osu is da s#!t. :)

im very proud of TYM kitana players in evo <3
i enjoy the matches so much, and i scream every round u win and have tears of joy watching u <3

Somberness

Lights
I'm actually surprised O16B lost at all, he was making very good reads and using most of Kitana's tools so effectively. The winning celebrations were also the best for MK by far. :)

DrDogg

Noob
There were a ton of Kitana players at Evo, far more than I anticipated. It's a shame you guys only got to see a few of them. I wasn't on stream at all, I don't think NeoRussel made it on stream either. There were a ton of good matches that were not streamed or recorded. >_>

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Congratulations to all players at Evo and hope you all had great matches and thanks to all you guys who have put Kitana on the map!!!! Hopefully if I can get better I'll bring my Kitana to Evo next year ;)... Have a Uk'er in the mix :D

A huge Well done to Konqrr and Osu for your performances at Evo guys you did the Princess proud and hope that you guys continue to show how lethal Kitana is for many tournaments to come.

VIDA

There were a ton of Kitana players at Evo, far more than I anticipated. It's a shame you guys only got to see a few of them. I wasn't on stream at all, I don't think NeoRussel made it on stream either. There were a ton of good matches that were not streamed or recorded. >_>
Yea I didn't get to see your play streamed, only your commentary and occasional bickering with jedirobb. ;)

Sure u did her proud as well just that we didn't get to see. :(

@Sao did she really seem the most used? No char in pool play seemed to overwhelmingly be the most popular based on what I remember.

Pretty varied char use even in pool play come to think of it.

Somberness

Lights
Also props to Konqrr (and Slips) for the first exciting match in the tournament.

And even though he never got a match streamed, DrDogg was great for the commentary. Jedirobb said too many falsities but otherwise he was ok.

DrDogg

Noob
Yea I didn't get to see your play streamed, only your commentary and occasional bickering with jedirobb. ;)

@Sao did she really seem the most used? No char in pool play seemed to overwhelmingly be the most popular based on what I remember.

Keep in mind the stream only showed about 10% of the matches played... if that. There were over 500 players in the MK tournament and only about 50 got any stream time.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo

Yep, every pool I saw had at least 2 Kitanas in them.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Good shit to Osu, Konqrr, and everybody else reppin Kitana at Evo. I was trying to rep too but I played terrible against jwong on stream.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Thanks everyone.

The most played characters at EVO were Kitana, Ermac, Cyrax, and Kung Lao. Kitana players in every pool I watched.

d14life

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Thanks everyone.

The most played characters at EVO were Kitana, Ermac, Cyrax, and Kung Lao. Kitana players in every pool I watched.

d14life
Cyrax? I saw hardly any in the streams. Did they happen to bypass every single streamed match or something?