What's new

Breakthrough - A-List [Beta Closed] Lets talk about A-list as is during Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Batman got more mileage off his ambiguous J2 and F3 could cross up, so saying it was all stagger pressure is pretty ignorant. And I don't believe the point was ever that Cage couldn't open people up, just that it was difficult at high levels or against people who actually learn matchups.
I never said it was all stagger pressure, just that the stagger pressure did open people up. Next time make sure you understand what someone is saying before you, ironically, call them ignorant.

REO

Undead
I hope you guys realize there's actual YouTube videos of almost every top player getting mixed up in tournament and being opened up by Cage's very fast overhead string. Saying F+2 doesn't hit anyone at the highest just means you're not playing against the right Cages that know how to mix up jab stagger, string staggers, throws, and D+4s to make you susceptible to his F+2.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Batman got more mileage off his ambiguous J2 and F3 could cross up, so saying it was all stagger pressure is pretty ignorant. And I don't believe the point was ever that Cage couldn't open people up, just that it was difficult at high levels or against people who actually learn matchups.
Killer xinok blew up everyone he played at kit (only zyphox and tyrant came close to beating him) mind you he beat honeybee, foreverking jr in an a list mirror,zyphox, tyrant and jupiter. You dont get higher than that and they still got beat. Dizzy beat footwork at scr iirc? A list mirrors and it was bad until he switched to scorp.

What im just saying is this talk that most people say about fuzzy cage this and if you get caught you dont know how to block him that, in theory it should be simple. If you play a solid a list it is really not at all. I dont even know about it being harder against people who know the mu with the way xinok was running through those guys tbh.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I hope you guys realize there's actual YouTube videos of almost every top player getting mixed up in tournament and being opened up by Cage's very fast overhead string. Saying F+2 doesn't hit anyone at the highest just means you're not playing against the right Cages that know how to mix up jab stagger, string staggers, throws, and D+4s to make you susceptible to his F+2.
Yoooo thank you! I just posted this lol.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
My head hurts reading some of this. The downplay is worse here than in Liu forums.

Did dink pick up cage yet? He would fit right in.

;)
Atleast us liu mains knew he needed a nerf and agree with these lol. Ive heard people legit salty over just cages d4 change because they can't machinegun it out anymore lol. Ive never believed in this "just fuzzy guard cage" stuff. Against basic cages that may work. When you play the solid one who mix it up, he becomes very annoying to guard against. If this is the only change he gets, he will be even more of a threat imo

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I feel like there's been miscommunication somewhere in this thread, because I'm reading the recent posts, and nowhere did someone say that Cage absolutely cannot open people up at high level, just that it takes significantly more effort to do so. That's it. Yes, when you stagger and throw and d4 all throughout the match, that'll make Cage more unpredictable, because you won't know when it's safe to try and press buttons.

I quite honestly think that A-List hasn't even reached his peak yet, and he's already stupidly good when in the right hands. However, I don't think pointing out the cons as well as his pros counts as downplay.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
A 15 frame mid is not enough for a neutral character with no mix ups.
You are correct. 15 frames is not good for neutral for standing mids. His is an advancing mid. It would be ridiculous to be faster. So in my eyes it is really good and still think he doesn't need f2 to be a mid as well and I just checked and it is....and it is an advancing move too. IMO mids shouldn't be able to be low profiled. But advancing moves SHOULD be low profiled.

b1 12frame mid
f1 12frame mid
f2 11 frame mid
b3 15 frame mid
f3 19 frame mid
All of them advancing mids
oh and his 1,1 is 8 frame so about 9-10 frames before the mid lands yet having the high as a check in case they're blocking high early in the frames.
Como on!! I don't think anyone should downplay or ask for fixes with that many mids, especially with the other tools he already has.

What do you mean no mix ups though?Or you mean no 50/50s?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
So I just got finished watching Dizzy's match with Atai in the First Attack Grand Finals, and I finally realized something else that's probably stupidly obvious. If you use staggers to bait and punish your opponent's attempts to armor through, that'll make them even more flustered than they may already be, and they'll likely hesitate to use armor for the rest of the match, leaving you free to stagger even more liberally. But at this point, I feel like I'm just spouting Fighting 101 stuff. Still, it's another option he has to open people up, and it delves into mind games.

Considering how plus A-List can make himself on literally everything... Yeah, Johnny is kinda nasty.

Tweedy

Noob
You are correct. 15 frames is not good for neutral for standing mids. His is an advancing mid. It would be ridiculous to be faster. So in my eyes it is really good and still think he doesn't need f2 to be a mid as well and I just checked and it is....and it is an advancing move too. IMO mids shouldn't be able to be low profiled. But advancing moves SHOULD be low profiled.

b1 12frame mid
f1 12frame mid
f2 11 frame mid
b3 15 frame mid
f3 19 frame mid
All of them advancing mids
oh and his 1,1 is 8 frame so about 9-10 frames before the mid lands yet having the high as a check in case they're blocking high early in the frames.
Como on!! I don't think anyone should downplay or ask for fixes with that many mids, especially with the other tools he already has.

What do you mean no mix ups though?Or you mean no 50/50s?
What I meant by a neutral character, is a character that wins in the neutral, or with footsies, or with spacing. Not that he's standing still, my bad.

If you do 11 as a mid it comes out in 19 frames, actually.

The way the game is built, an 11-13 frame advancing mid does not break the game. Many characters have one, the ones that don't have something to make up for it, besides maybe Kenshi and one or two others.

The opinion about advancing moves is fair, it just doesn't change the way things are. In a game where everyone has something, or something to make up for the lack of it, for the most part, you can't just dismiss someone's complaint about their character possibly lacking(just speaking in general now, not about Lao), because of your personal belief, when it doesn't relate to the current state of the game.

Most of the moves you listed are trash in the neutral. Lao has two of the best jump moves in the game with Ji2 and Ji3, he also has a great D4. No offense, I just wanted to list those things to show you that i'm not just downplaying the character. I just don't understand how anyone who understands Lao in Mortal Kombat X at all, would list F3 as a perk in any discussion, ever.

B1 isn't actually a mid, B3 at 15 frames isn't good in the neutral on this game. Again, you might believe that it should be, but it's not. Characters are running around with 9-12 frame advancing mids. F1 is good but it serves the same purpose as F2. It's just slightly worse, doesn't add anything. It also gets low profiled by the same stuff that low profiles F2, just to cover that. My as well be the same normal, just a frame slower.

What I meant by no mix ups, is that he lacks the guessing game of overhead low. Even the pretty weak D4/B2 mix up can be fuzzy guarded, if you really wanna dig into that discussion.

Tweedy

Noob
@Airvidal we should probably take this discussion to pms. If you want to post your response to my lastest post in here that's fine. I just feel like i'm invading a thread that has nothing to do with what i'm talking about lol.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
JC clearly has mix-ups, however, I just gotta say - if you are someone who thinks D4 is a low combo starter, then you are not playing at a high enough level to constantly be obnoxious with your homebrew ass opinions all the time

n1kosh

Train harder
Guys!
-What about Johnny's air options in beta? 1 and 2 still hits hard?
- What about normals range? Any changes?

Just stagger and utilize concepts, I love a list Johnny and he's one of my mains and it's not that hard to mix people up using cancels and staggered 1s and he has one of the best armored launchers in the game imo so...

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Guys!
-What about Johnny's air options in beta? 1 and 2 still hits hard?
- What about normals range? Any changes?
S1 works perfectly fine now, it is my favorite anti air together with EX Nutpunch.
S2 works well against crossups, d2 too. You might also try d1.

His normals range is exactly the same as regular MKX, but some guys feel that d2 hitbox was improved (not sure about that though).

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I love this thread. Wasn't there a Cage player named Xinok or something that beat Honeybee, Zyphox, Tyrant, Jupiter, and FKjr at a recent tournament with A-List? I know there were recent changes, but some of you were making the same statements prior to the beta. I will never listen to the JC community. It's a huge bill.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I love this thread. Wasn't there a Cage player named Xinok or something that beat Honeybee, Zyphox, Tyrant, Jupiter, and FKjr at a recent tournament with A-List? I know there were recent changes, but some of you were making the same statements prior to the beta. I will never listen to the JC community. It's a huge bill.
Because of course, if Xinok won against those unbeatable players the character must clearly be broken...it's IMPOSSIBLE that he outsmarted them and played just better.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.