What's new

Breakthrough - A-List [Beta Closed] Lets talk about A-list as is during Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I love to talk beer. Any time man. Hit me up in Twitter. @Pig Of The Hut tasted my new beer...tell them what you thought.

Belgian Triple
9.5%
Name: Tickle Fight
Profile: sweet, lightly bitter, banana, brown sugar, cinnamon.
Color: dark and rich

okay i just followed you -

yeah man i been looking into HB and reading up on it a bit. ill prob start my first batch this month

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I think that only 2% of the JC community actually plays the character decently, the other 98% blame the character not being good for their short comings
THANK YOU! Cage community (specifically a list users) are the literal definition of downplayers. I wont call names but ive run into a few tym a list users and with what ive seen, its no wonder why they think the character has weak mixups, cant zone and needs things like that godlike f3 to be good. Hell there was a thread with an uproar of "they nerfed his d4 thats a massive hit to cage". Kidding right? Lol

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I feel like the "he hasnt won anything" argument is getting really old. mk9 sonya "didnt win anything" it took martian awhile before he "won anything" you guys need to get your shit together
So you propose to nerf any character who is even remotely good, because in theory that character could place better in the future and maybe win some tournaments.

Don't you see how flawed your logic is? Preemptive nerfs are nonsense

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
So you propose to nerf any character who is even remotely good, because in theory that character could place better in the future and maybe win some tournaments.

Don't you see how flawed your logic is? Preemptive nerfs are nonsense
Im not saying you need to nerf him to make him good, Im saying "This character sucks, he hasn't won a major" is flawed logic. You guys are crying that taking his jailing properties and d4 being -6 is the death of the character and he NEEEEEDS it. Im just gonna say it, if you need d4 being 0 and jailing to win, then you probably just suck. Im saying that if they nerf his strings to being + but not jail, he is still going to be stupid good on the count of f3 being a ridic normal in general

Asodimazze

Im not saying you need to nerf him to make him good, Im saying "This character sucks, he hasn't won a major" is flawed logic. You guys are crying that taking his jailing properties and d4 being -6 is the death of the character and he NEEEEEDS it. Im just gonna say it, if you need d4 being 0 and jailing to win, then you probably just suck. Im saying that if they nerf his strings to being + but not jail, he is still going to be stupid good on the count of f3 being a ridic normal in general
You want to nerf him without a reason, with changes that you can't justify in any way considering most if not all the cancel characters have different jailing strings. He is not special in this regard. Why do you want to nerf him? You just don't like blockstrings in general, but they are part of the game.

I don't know who you're referring to with the "you probably suck part"....I don't care that his d4 is -6 and don't even need Cage to win.
Stop with the assumption that who doesn't want to nerf him automatically sucks

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
You want to nerf him without a reason, with changes that you can't justify in any way considering most if not all the cancel characters have different jailing strings. He is not special in this regard. Why do you want to nerf him? You just don't like blockstrings in general, but they are part of the game.

I don't know who you're referring to with the "you probably suck part"....I don't care that his d4 is -6 and don't even need Cage to win.
Stop with the assumption that who doesn't want to nerf him automatically sucks
I never once said I dont like blockstrings, if that were the case I wouldnt be playing nrs games. So stop assuming. I just dont think anybody should jail, is that a problem? Im entitled to my opinions, and I think jailing in general (dvorah f1, johnny f3, Kangs f2) are really scrubby. Im saying is that if you take his jailing properties down to being + id like to have faster normals. I think that is a fair trade

Asodimazze

I never once said I dont like blockstrings, if that were the case I wouldnt be playing nrs games. So stop assuming. I just dont think anybody should jail, is that a problem? Im entitled to my opinions, and I think jailing in general (dvorah f1, johnny f3, Kangs f2) are really scrubby. Im saying is that if you take his jailing properties down to being + id like to have faster normals. I think that is a fair trade
I'm perfectly fine if they nerf the ones you listed together with A-List, I have nothing to object in that case. But this forum seems to be focused only on A-List, that's what I don't like. No one wrote anything about D'Vorah f1 since many months ago and Liu Kang players would freak out just like us if anyone proposed a nerf to the f213 blockstring lol.

If whatever change they do to A-List he doesn't become worse than mid tier, I've nothing to object.
But it's easy to destroy a character, like NRS did with Fisticuff (and will very soon do with Quan Chi if the supposed changes are real).

Imho the beta version of A-List is very balanced, expecially considering the breaker change.

Played a bunch of matches on the beta and a list is still good af and i would consider my a list to be better than most if not in the very best

Wigy

There it is...
People saying d4 being -6 is a big nerf, if thats all he gets, you guys are lucky. I assumed f3 would have been nerfed. I remember when i was in a cage thread (the characters downplay is so real), i said his f3 was a ridiculous move and i get blown up by cage mains saying he had no mixups. Ive been using a list ever since i saw dizzy play him and this character is ridiculous. The amount of different strings he can jail off of, the arc of his projectiles, that damn 11f mid forward advancing, jail on block cancel on whiff f3, his amazing stagger pressure.. i think he may be above liu now after lius nerfs.

If he escapes the nerf badt he will definitely be top 5 imo, especially because the top tiers are getting handled by nrs wrecking crew. I do love using a list though, hes incredibly fun, its just a lot of his community downplay him incredibly hard. Ive yet to see that here though thank god.
Ive seen all your posts about jc, most of them comparisons to liu which were waaay off the mark.

A lot of people overestimate his ability to open people up cause they're not blocking right and trying to press buttons when they can't.

His d4 was hella broke in some matchups. His f3 is excellent but this is a character with 9 frame high and an 8 frame poke which average range who has no actual legitimate guess outside his 11f 3% and his overhead. From the changes i've seen in the beta liu kang is still better than jc.

Hes very solid and high tier but if u look at his frames for a rushdown his f3 knee is fine. It jails into what? A grab which pushes them away with no adv, like 7-8% chip tops -usually much less, or a chance at pressuring someone into blocking wrong.

Characters with good d4 gives jc huge issues. Hes slow and the only tool to make up for it -d4 and f3 are massively negated

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ive seen all your posts about jc, most of them comparisons to liu which were waaay off the mark.

A lot of people overestimate his ability to open people up cause they're not blocking right and trying to press buttons when they can't.

His d4 was hella broke in some matchups. His f3 is excellent but this is a character with 9 frame high and an 8 frame poke which average range who has no actual legitimate guess outside his 11f 3% and his overhead. From the changes i've seen in the beta liu kang is still better than jc.

Hes very solid and high tier but if u look at his frames for a rushdown his f3 knee is fine. It jails into what? A grab which pushes them away with no adv, like 7-8% chip tops -usually much less, or a chance at pressuring someone into blocking wrong.

Characters with good d4 gives jc huge issues. Hes slow and the only tool to make up for it -d4 and f3 are massively negated
And with this, I'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.