What's new

Best Run-jabbers/Run-jab pressurers

That is true the robots jabs are close making it easier to rack up dmg i didnt think about that while shang's are longer

I know that "run jab pressure" has nothing to do with how physically good the run jabs are. All i am sayin is that it seems that things such as throws and/or combos should make them a better character for Rjabbin than another.

EXAMPLE: Female Ninjas have the same exact technical "RUN JABS" but Kitana Rjabs>Mileena Rjabs. Why? Kitana's throw keeps pressure FAR better (more Rjabs). ( i dont know which has better knee combo potential tho).

Ill put Onewhite's Tier List up there with mine if u want dude . It makes sense.

Since im the only one here who thinks that Rjab pressure and Rjabs themselves should be taken into 1 list(which honestly is all i want), is there a way to change my title from "Best Run-jabbers" to "Best Run-jabbers/Run-jab pressurers"?

lol, true, me too.

The best rush games in UMK3 have to be Kitana, NW, Kabal & Kano.
I can think of a lot of people I would put ahead of Kano as far as a rush game goes. Maybe that's just cause I don't prefer him, but I'd put:

lao
r smoke
h smoke
ermac
sonya

ahead of him for sure, in no particular order. Lao for sure though, dive kicks to combo/spin/rj have way more potential than anything kano can do, imo.

EXAMPLE: Female Ninjas have the same exact technical "RUN JABS" but Kitana Rjabs>Mileena Rjabs. Why? Kitana's throw keeps pressure FAR better (more Rjabs). ( i dont know which has better knee combo potential tho).
I don't think throws should really be a factor at all for run jabbing. You shouldn't ever expect to throw someone when run jabbing, because no high level player will be thrown. There are some cases where the high level player will "mess up", but that's pretty rare.

If you're talking about average players, than throws might be a factor. But I don't see why you'd limit someones skill to sub-par in a situation where you're making a "tier list". Also, run jabs are usually used by high level players anyway, well atleast used properly.

I know that "run jab pressure" has nothing to do with how physically good the run jabs are. All i am sayin is that it seems that things such as throws and/or combos should make them a better character for Rjabbin than another.

Ill put Onewhite's Tier List up there with mine if u want dude . It makes sense.

Since im the only one here who thinks that Rjab pressure and Rjabs themselves should be taken into 1 list(which honestly is all i want), is there a way to change my title from "Best Run-jabbers" to "Best Run-jabbers/Run-jab pressurers"?
Kitana's run jabs are amazing

she can cross up with a jk and instead of any possibility of punishment she can throw the fan before she touches the ground and continue pressure since her run is back up.

Basically she is an ultimate bitch

Kitana's run jabs are amazing

she can cross up with a jk and instead of any possibility of punishment she can throw the fan before she touches the ground and continue pressure since her run is back up.

Basically she is an ultimate bitch
i always thought sonya was the biggest bitch

dubson

Noob
I don't think throws should really be a factor at all for run jabbing. You shouldn't ever expect to throw someone when run jabbing, because no high level player will be thrown. There are some cases where the high level player will "mess up", but that's pretty rare.

If you're talking about average players, than throws might be a factor. But I don't see why you'd limit someones skill to sub-par in a situation where you're making a "tier list". Also, run jabs are usually used by high level players anyway, well atleast used properly.
Finally, someone in this thread at least somewhat understands what I am saying lol.

People keep combining run jabs and run jab pressure in the same statements.

Yeah, I understand where I went wrong there, Dubson.

Anyway, I know my list is off, it was all off the top of my head. I'm not an experienced list maker here...

I figured U. Subs are much better than sonyas.

Female ninjas have sweet jabs, but kabals are fucking deadly. they are neck and neck

Robots should be changed, and slight other things, but I think I got a basic idea up there.

dubson

Noob
I mean, you definitely know what your talking about, and your list is pretty accurate and yes you got the basic idea up. I'll elaborate on it.

I'm not trying to put you in MK_BomBz league or anything ;)

I <3 onewhite

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Players sometimes use "run jab pressure" as a collective term of all the properties involved. The specific jab properties are applied to how difficult it is to escape them and what kind of traps you can set up (which also cross references to specific characters on defense) and then there is the damage you can deal when someone is in an unblockable situation. I can see how people get confused.

I'm not trying to put you in MK_BomBz league or anything ;)

Christ i feel loved.

Thanx to whoever changed my title.

Once again Shock you are the one that comes in with the posotive energy im trying to find. I appreciate it.

Yea thats actualy a really good point. I neva thought about it but ur right, a high lvl player wont be thrown.

Yea thats actualy a really good point. I neva thought about it but ur right, a high lvl player wont be thrown.
No, but they will be counter thrown and cross up thrown. Though most likely they wont get thrown from just a straight up rush down that is one dimensional.

Counter throws are incredibly beastly just another way to abuse karajabs properties :p

ok well lets say Kitana goes for a cross-up throw (gets me all the fuckin time). Her throws are so close and neat she can continue pressure far easier than Mileena. Making her Rjabs better. But just to be technically correct i'll say "Making her Rjab Pressure more effective".

Yeah, kitanas run jab pressure is outta sight, along with kabal.

They have awesome jabs because of how solid they are thrown out and consistent, and both of them have great moves to keep the pressure going after someone attempts an escape.

Kabal: run jab pressure, into spin, into popup, or into jk fireball
Kitana: run jab pressure, into single knee, full knee combo, wave punch, jk fan, or a 3 hit knee combo back into pressure/standing HK*(prefered)

Yea i just about always will go for the single/3hit knee combo back-to-pressure. If they escape Jk-fan usually tags um.

kabal ill just RJab into Single knee/Spin. I dont really ever use him.

Droopy

Noob
Kitana = Cheat.

Kabal = Skills.

Kabal is pretty much underrated by everybody that doesnt use him as main. Ive been beaten by Kitana noobs.

Man, you got that backwards droopy.

Kitanas with no skills are a walk in the park! They'll throw fans at you all match, and it's NP

newbie ass kabals suck. so readable and easy, but a kabal with even the most BASIC kabal strat can fuck you up somehow!

Kabals runjab pressure is so fuckin deadly. Just the fact that i'm scared to let go of block at the wrong time vs a kabal I could end up getting RJ'd the whole match, especially with reptile with no great escapes (other than an elbow dash, which is easily easily punishable by a spin)

I'm just sayin, a good kitana (Crazy, DC, theend_ starting to get one) takes SKILL. I know she's a basic char with jk fan, run jabs, knee combos and of course the all the fun wave punch, but to utilize them in an ownage way, takes skill.

Kabal = CHEAT.

yea id have to side with onewhite. Alot of people who cant beat me will pick Kabal or R.Smoke to try and get a win. Still dont work tho.
People with close skill levels to my own will usually end up beating me with Kabal.(if they know how to use him.)

So Dubson are you gonna throw out a Tier List?
I think there is too many factors for run jabbing list...

Shock said it best were certain characters v certain characters/what options each has something like that but much better stated. The guy knows what he is talking about I just say what I feel is right :p

Yes, I will. Be patient please.
Kool.

an yea Diddy i agree with u. There are too many factor involved for there to be an OFFICIAL Tier List (for Rjabin). I made this thread mainly for my own benefits tho lol. I just want to piece things in the game better in my head, this will help.

Houzi

Noob
What should be done is a thingy like what you guys all did with the characters and who's good against them thing.

For example Kabal : Good against = robots Bad against = Unmasked Sub
(for an example only, there may or may not be truth in this........just an ex.)

But with RJ's. :D