What's new

"Believe in magic yet?" - Zatanna Match-Up Discussion thread

kevkopdx

Noob
If Ares teleports you can 11d3. That string js amazing and sets up a cross up f3 or delayed normal hitting f3 into vortex shenanigans. Video of that tech tonight. As for Mmh forward jumping 3 knocks him out of tele I belive. I did it to Rickyraws Mmy
against ares im usually teleporting alot, but i never use that string, ill try it....
as for MMH, im thinking its a lost cause for Z.... mmh and aquaman are the only ones i counterpick batgirl for

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
If Ares teleports you can 11d3. That string js amazing and sets up a cross up f3 or delayed normal hitting f3 into vortex shenanigans. Video of that tech tonight. As for Mmh forward jumping 3 knocks him out of tele I belive. I did it to Rickyraws Mmy
If I'm not mistaken, MMH's overhead teleport is like Black Adam's non meter burn dive kick in the sense that most jumping normals can snuff it or at the very least trade. I'm sure it varies from character to character, but a better tactic for one that spams the overhead tele is to figure out the splash damage hitbox of it and dash forward or back causing it to whiff. It has an INCREDIBLE amount of recovery frames on whiff, so you can punish with whatever. Another tactic would be to just jump in the air. At some character's max height the overhead tele whiffs anyway.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Superman players have to think way less than anyone else in the cast aince f23 literally does everything except take out your garbage
Zatanna's F3 cleanly punishes F23. For example, try to F3 a F23ing Superman at the very beginning of the match. Works like a charm.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Superman players have to think way less than anyone else in the cast aince f23 literally does everything except take out your garbage
Zatanna's F3 cleanly punishes F23. For example, try to F3 a F23ing Superman at the very beginning of the match. Works like a charm.

So Ji2 levi cancel ji2 no longer starts a combo. Follow ups start a new combo meaning after levi cancel ji2, they can now block. So its not "free/guranteed". SO it now begins a 50/50 on hit or block I believe. So we're now a bat girl?

Or it could've always been like that... and I never noticed?

kevkopdx

Noob
So Ji2 levi cancel ji2 no longer starts a combo. Follow ups start a new combo meaning after levi cancel ji2, they can now block. So its not "free/guranteed". SO it now begins a 50/50 on hit or block I believe. So we're now a bat girl?

hmmm that sucks, one my my favorite combos was ji2, levi cancel, 3, db3.. easy 27% .... ill try it when i get a chance

edit: well the combo i posted still works but its now 25%, but ji2 levi cancel ji2 no longer works as a combo starter like Preon said, oh well, i never really used it... but her j2 is NOT feeling the same, did they reduce the hitbox????? or is it just me?

wwwwwwwoooah, hold the fuck up. really?

wwwwwwwoooah, hold the fuck up. really?
Yerp.. nothing "connects" afterwards counter gets reset. So you'll have to start the combos with standard stuff. Finishing in ji2 levicancel ji2 starts your 50/50 without needing to "delay" anything. So your opponent now has to guess between overhead/low/throw/frame trap. Much like Bat Girls vortex..

I am emo

Aquaman: 2-8

Ares: 5-5

Bane: 6-4

Batgirl: 4-6

Batman: 4-6

Black Adam: 4-6

Cat woman: 5-5

Cyborg: 5-5

Deathstroke: 4-6

Doomsday: 4-6

The Flash: 4-6

Green Arrow: 5-5

Green Lantern: 5-5

Harley Quinn: N/A

Hawk girl: 5-5

The Joker: 6-4

Killer Frost : 4-6

Lex Luthor: N/A

Lobo: N/A

Martian Manhunter: 4-6

Night wing: 5-5

Raven: 4-6

Scorpion: N/a

Shazam!: 5-5

Sinestro: 4-6

Solomon Grundy: 5-5

Superman: 3-7

Wonder Woman: 4-6

Zod: 4-6

kevkopdx

Noob
i agree with most, here are my exceptions:

Batgirl, i think its 5-5

Deathstroke: i think its 5-5 here

Harley Quinn: I think maybe 6-4

Hawk girl: this has to be like 4-6 at least or worse

Martian Manhunter: 4-6 or worse? seriously how do you punish anything?

Sinestro: seems like an even mu to me as well

i love playing her but man she has to work hard to win

Hawkgirl - Her rings shut down her turtling game (flight)
Deathstroke- she is too slow to punish any of his zoning options, and he forces her to come in. Trait is also useless in this MU, not to mention, she can't block low in it so that's free low shots
Martian manhunter- Her ability to avoid both teleports with jump back 3 helps, but idk how different it is now with his teleport buff (lol)

kevkopdx

kevkopdx

Noob
Hawkgirl - Her rings shut down her turtling game (flight)
Deathstroke- she is too slow to punish any of his zoning options, and he forces her to come in. Trait is also useless in this MU, not to mention, she can't block low in it so that's free low shots
Martian manhunter- Her ability to avoid both teleports with jump back 3 helps, but idk how different it is now with his teleport buff (lol)

kevkopdx
hawkgirl, rings only shuts her down past 3/4 screen, if she is closer you cannot curve them up enough to hit her and hawkgirl shuts you down up close with poor zatannas slow normals

deathstroke, is an exercise in patience but i havent had much trouble with him, full combo punish on his cartwheel thing

mmh: i cant figure anything out on punishing his blocked air teleport, ill try back jump 3 but can you do that on reaction?

kevkopdx

Noob
does it punish or interupt it ? superman is bullshit, his ground laser that he arcs upward autocorrects if you read it and teleport behind, i just barely lost a match because of that, no move should auto correct, im sorry

haketh

Noob
DS vs ZA is at least 6-4 DS favor, better zoning adn footsies tools than her and he can run a train when he gets a knockdown. Can't be too trigger happy though.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree with most too, also i think that hawkgirl defeats Zatanna 6-4
I think Catwoman defeats her too, and she does well against gl but i agree that it is a 5-5 against someone who knows the MU
And Deathstroke is definitelya losing MU

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
But guys seems like there's a lot of people who doesn't even use her saying that we downplay her tho :) I would love them to main her and show us her "real potential"